Lincoln

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to see it today. they announced it was sold out when we were literally next in line. ended up seeing KILLING THEM SOFTLY. will try next week.

I went and saw this on Wednesday, but didn't get a chance to post about it. It's an absolutely phenomenal film. Tommy Lee Jones did a masterful job with his role as Thaddeus Stevens, and I loved James Spader as Bilbo; it actually took me a while to recognize him, and, on that note, it's time to talk about Daniel Day Lewis. To be completely honest, I can't even review his performance as well as one should be able to after watching it for two and a half hours, but that's because, many times, I found myself forgetting that this was Daniel Day Lewis. His performance was so incredible that he made me feel as though I was watching Lincoln. There were times when I had to get focused on the film because I'd find myself drifting off into thoughts about how "Daniel Day Lewis is going to clean up come Awards Season, and any accolades will be well deserved." Overall, this was easily one of my favorite films of the year.

This movie got screwed a bit tonight I think. It lost out to some movies I also like but I think Lincoln was truly a superb flick.

So did Django, the worst movie (Life of Pi) got a lot of love.

I just can't imagine anyone saying such things about Life of Pi. You may be the first I've personally heard say bad things. But, to each his own, as the Bible say.

Lincoln or Life of Pi could've won everything and I would've been pleased.

I think Lincoln got everything it deserved at the Ocars IMO. Nothing more, nothing less. DDL got what was coming to him as well. Outstanding performance and one of my favorite actors.

I think from here on in Daniel Day Lewis should win every role he's up for. Once he's signed to a movie, just hand him the Oscar faithfully knowing he'll own that role. He could act as a rock and still somehow pull off an Oscar. A friggin' rock people.

Back