Lights for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo my electric light friends, *off topic* but not really. lol Anyone know where I can get just a single small led bulb that can wired to a battery packet? Sorta trying to do like lit Lightsabers (just ref, not doing that) but instead of cathode just a led instead.

eBay. Search for prewired LED with the voltage you want. A single LED requires a resistor to be connected to a battery, the "prewired" ones have one already connected along with a few inches of wire.

So does anybody have any idea on how to light figures on top of Detolfs? I have all of my Avengers bunched up and centered on my 5 cases, and also put other oversized figures up there like Ghost Rider. Anybody have any suggestions for how to light them well?

Finally got some Dioder's!!! Went to Ikea today and bought some... It has changed everything! The displays look sooo much cooler now. I actually love the warm light. I set them all in the fron left corner for directional lighting. I originally was gonna put two in the front, but one ended up being enough light for me. My only thing left to do, is find a clean way to conceal the wires along the metal. I was thinking of using cloth. Any suggestions?

Drat! Wanted to pick up two detolfs tomorrow so I checked stock. Nothing available (furthermore, the beech variant is unavailable nationwide).

Finally got some Dioder's!!! Went to Ikea today and bought some... It has changed everything! The displays look sooo much cooler now. I actually love the warm light. I set them all in the fron left corner for directional lighting. I originally was gonna put two in the front, but one ended up being enough light for me. My only thing left to do, is find a clean way to conceal the wires along the metal. I was thinking of using cloth. Any suggestions?

Congrats! I have the Dioder pucks in my main display room and I love the effect these give off too! :hi5:

Great idea with the corner placement, I've never seen that done before and it's a really unique display look you have going! :clap

The only thing I would have done different if I were in your position would be to have run the wiring along the rear left post instead of the front left post, and then extended the wiring along the shelf posts in order to conceal them better. Assuming you don't want to re-wire them :lol you can check out a variety of cable covers to hide the wiring.

If you go to Home Depot's website and search 'cable cover' a few will pop up. I have used the 'Cordmate channel' on my Detolf's before for hiding wiring. It's cheap, costing ~$4.50 per 5 feet, and can be easily cut into sections and snapped on between shelves. I also opted to spray paint mine silver to help blend it in too.

I purchased the LED strip kit from barlighting.com and they worked great in the DETOLF. They were having a deal at the time for buy a 6 strip kit get a 6 strip kit free. So i ended up with 12 led strips for about $70! I put 1 strip in the front and 1 in the back of each shelf and it gives great lighting!

I just purchased the dioder round lights at IKea. For those who have used these, do I place a light on each of the glass shelves? I'm thinking of placing one light in the center of each, is this correct?

There's no "correct" answer, you can place them wherever you want. If you want even lighting over the entire surface of each shelf, irrespective of what you have on them, place them in the center. If you'd like the lighting to best highlight individual shelves based on their content, you might move them around to better suit each scene (create the shadow details you want, highlight certain figures more than others, light up specific parts of a figure, etc.).

There's no "correct" answer, you can place them wherever you want. If you want even lighting over the entire surface of each shelf, irrespective of what you have on them, place them in the center. If you'd like the lighting to best highlight individual shelves based on their content, you might move them around to better suit each scene (create the shadow details you want, highlight certain figures more than others, light up specific parts of a figure, etc.).

Thanks ! :duff

The best lights to use in the Detolfs are the "Dioder Four Pack".
dioders.jpg

There are four lights per pack. I use one pack per Detolf with great effect.

These are ultra thin, and emit very little heat. You can easily hold the palm of your hand against them for hours :)

They are so light, that mine are only affixed with the supplied double-sided tape. The light is also more natural and bring out more details of the figures.

Here is the link to them on the IKEA Australia website for more info:
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/80119934

You will need to check with your IKEA for your local pricing.

Cheers

can you please share a few pictures? far and close please? i wanna see how u made the wirings go inside the detolf n so on

Yeah I got it. Just the red end doesn't want to give.

Really easy installation on these lights and just one at the top lights up the whole case. Plus they change colors and flux if you want. Total value for 50 bucks.

Plus you can turn the tube in the little bracket to get max light where you want. Fantastic.

Only thing I would change is a wireless remote :D

Wow. I love these Cyron Lights. Thanks Skullmilita!

It's really easy to get in there and the amount of light you get is fantastic. It pushes light all the way down to the third shelf. I also love that you can just stick them in and rotate the tube to get max coverage.

Plus the strobe and color change is awesome.

The only thing I would change is add a wireless remote :D

Here is my current set up with the lights off:

K6rkfm5.jpg

Full size:

https://i.imgur.com/K6rkfm5.jpg

And the green light on my predator. haha

Ey6FJ9I.jpg

I have the same lights in my Detolfs . I've had them for few years . I love them . I got mine at LOWES

Back