Life size IM Bust (warning.....LONG!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POWER1010

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let me just start by saying i did not want to start a new thread but i could not find the old one cause the search on this site is horrible, so...

Well i don't know how it happened but i Finally got one of these, I got on the WL the same day i opened a Thread in the WTB section, well as it turns out my WL converted......so as soon as it did i called up SS and asked them a bunch of questions regarding the paint and condition of the bust i was getting and if they had taken the necessary precautions against paint craking\fading and apparently....they did!

So i asked.... whats it gonna cost me to get this shipped to Canada and she told me 25 bucks, i nearly fell off my chair!!! i asked why was it so cheap for a package this size and she said they got a really good deal for "our Canadian customers".

So i went through with it, , thing is i wanted this soooo bad when it was revealed but all the bad images and horror stories made me steer clear, but it's always been in the back of my mind whenever i saw a really nice one, cause they did exist (SolidSnake, slingblade, Averone, The Mike, Darthstitch) they all had what looked to be Great Pieces.

well the Bust arrived yesterday and when people wrote you have to see this in person to appreciate how Amazing it is, well they weren't kidding, it really is Something, and Huge!!!

I went over this thing very carefully and it is just Awesome!!!, no Cracks, chips, Flaking, finger prints\smudges in the paint, "veins", Swirl marks... Nothing!!! the neck has been painted very well inside and on the back, no white hazing or unpainted parts, some parts do feel smoother then others but i can handle that.

I feel very Very lucky to have Recieved what i feel to be is a "Good" One"

I never got on the Hate Bandwagon for this thing cause i just thought the Sculpt was amazing and had to own it one day. Glad i decided to get on the WL and can't believe it converted.

So for all of you that still feel this is a Bad piece, thats your opinion and i will not try to change your mind cause i know there are people out there that got this before and went through endless turn arounds with exchanges and crap like that and just feel very bitter about this piece and SS QC and rightly so imo!

i was fortunate enough not to have to live through any of that but i was willing to take the risk and i'm glad it paid off!!

I will say this though, the bust did seem a little dull and needed to be shined up, i took a wet microfiber cloth to it yesterday and that already made a world of difference getting the dirt and dust off of it, but i haven't tried using a polish or anything like that because i don't want it to be a Glossy shiny finish, just a tad brighter is all, can someone recommend anything??

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask

And yes i know this thread is useless without pics, but i just got it yesterday night and had to come to work today so i didn't have time to take any yet but if people want to see it i will post some....i just figured we all know what it looks like cause lets be honest it's not a new piece anymore.

Last edited:
Congrats man! I have it too and I like it a lot (notice I didnt say Love it). I understand where the hate comes from especially the defective pieces that people got. But to be honest I can only think of a handful of SS piece that are dead on 100% perfect. So sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and cons and decide whether it's worth the price. Mine came in excellent condition so I kept it...

I also got a good one and love it. Welcome to the happy customer club.

congrats on getting this. if it wasnt for me wanting other collectibles i would try to hunt one of these down

Thank you both, yes i am very happy with it and have no reason to return it, but i do want to polish it! give it a shiner look, not glossy but shiny....if that makes any sense :lol

congrats on getting this. if it wasnt for me wanting other collectibles i would try to hunt one of these down

I was in the same boat, i wanted other stuff but this was always in the back of my mind, i just had to try and get one....thats why i jumped on the WL, figured if it did convert, it would take a long time but it converted in less then a week!!

I'm very happy it did :D

for me it was 25 shipping and 80 bucks at the door, so all in all 105....yes thats steep but i thought it was gonna be way over 200 so i guess i was kinda relieved :p

How much did you pay in total? They have one here at Comic Warehouse in Brampton.

Congrats 1010, I would want one of these but I would rather get 2 or 3 things than 1 big awsome piece, also the paint problems scared me abit but I'm glad you didnt have those problems.

Congrats,
I was one of the lucky few also.
I still inspect it occasionally, anticipating one of the many stated
issues to appear, but still in perfect shape. I'm glad yours is too.

Congrats on the tit paint job.
Does it bother you at all that its super light and kinda like a giant pvc statue?
I know it cant be solid...just a lil heft to wow your friends.

It's been hard for me to resist the Mark III and I've come THIS close to pulling the trigger so many times but caution got the better of me. I'm going to wait for the Mark VI 1:1 before I decide whether I get the Mark VI or go back and try to acquire the Mark III. Crossing my fingers.

Does it bother you at all that its super light and kinda like a giant pvc statue?

Do you even have one? Its far from super light........its not as heavy as say a Predator bust, I'd say its no lighter than the Venom bust for comparison

Congrats Power, this thing is amazing and is currently my wife's fav piece as well! :rock

Pics pls! : )

Do you even have one? Its far from super light........its not as heavy as say a Predator bust, I'd say its no lighter than the Venom bust for comparison

I've seen one of these cracked open...was disappointed at how thin the "membrane" was. Reminded me of PVC...plus i've seen a dude pick one up with his pinky.

Power, CONGRATS!!! :rock

Now when will you be sending it to me?

I will trade you my semi-nude photo of Ski for it.

(Don't tell Ski though. He will be mad if he finds out. Shhhh....)

As an overseas buyer I'm kinda glad it doesn't weigh a ton, and I won't have many friends lifting it around, just looking at it. Still weighs enough for me to feel pretty solid and I love the light up feature. :)

I've seen one of these cracked open...was disappointed at how thin the "membrane" was. Reminded me of PVC...plus i've seen a dude pick one up with his pinky.

The Mk 3 is not light. The mk 2 is lighter than the 3 but still has heft.

The MK 3 are actually having an effect on my besta shelves. Not breaking it but you can see the board take the weight.

If it were any heavier....(shudder) :peace

Back