LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Les, and a great article too! Glad to see the '39 Batman in there definitely one of your best figures ever!

Great stuff Les! It's so good to see our hobby represented in its true form. An ART form as you've said many times! Again, I say that you are the best representative for all of us, and your work has always impressed me beyond words! :)

You deserve the attention and accolades and praise that you got at your exhibit. It's so good to see your work get the attention it deserves. :yess:

I LOVE that 1966 Robin! I didn't know you made him! I'd love to see your Adam West Batman alongside him someday soon. I want to get a set of them myself someday. You'll have to send me your "recipe" for your Burt Ward Robin. I already have the DC Direct Robin that I really like. But I've always wanted the 1966 TV show Batman and Robin!

I love the Connery and Craig James Bond figures. I've got the Sideshow Connery head sculpt, and hope to put together a nice Connery Bond (he's still my favorite!) soon with it, and maybe on a TT body. The ALIEN Ripley with the longer hair is great too! Another one I'd love to make myself.

Thanks for the scan of the newspaper article. Does your newspaper have a website? I was just curious to see if they did have a site, if they posted the article there. Let me know. Thanks!

If anyone can look at that Charlie Chaplin and still think it's just kid stuff intead of a true piece of art, then there's no hope for them.

Great article and pics glad to see clouseu getting the spotlight love that figure.
Was just showing the girlfreind the pics and article and explained that these figures are "High end adult collectables" not toys or babries.
She just shrugged her shoulders and grinned.

That alien 3 figure is very nice indeed, glad the alien and ripley and hicks made the cut, even if they wernt fully appreciated or as regonisable as some of the other classics as the dracula charlie chaplin etc.
Glad everythings going good for you and you are getting the recognition you deserve after all these years,all the best;)

Great stuff, Les! I would love to see that in person. I definitely agree with everyone, you really deserve this honor. I can only imagine how many people went from thinking this was a childish hobby to a true art form, just from seeing your work. Congrats on this. And let us know how the play goes. I know how much you enjoyed last year's production.

Take care, my friend.

Awesome Les!! Thanks for the pics. I'm still trying to figure out how to get up to see it. I was suppose to stop working last Friday but they ended up extending me to the end of the month so I'm hoping I can make one of the weekends work out.

I can't even begin to pick a favorite out of all those you just posted. Nice to see Swann and Indy make the cut though.

Thanks everyone. Your support of all this means more than I can possibly express. Here it is Monday morning, and I need to so get my head back on, and get to work. I am still way behind, and I am still committed to catching it ALL up, and getting it ALL out, and to you.
But thank you all so much for letting me get this exhibit out and up, and posted, so I could share it with you all.

Understand, I am in REALLY tough straits at home, beside the fact my reputation artistically is back to some sense of respectable locally. One offsets the other, as I am in an endless dog after his tail thing, and I stay in a frustrating state of exhaustion from it all. If I were 20 years younger, I could rebound a lot faster, and just GO GO GO and get it all done. I'd be way done by now I am sure.
But regardless of that, age, :monkey4, I am committed to several things,
One, to getting my work backlog reduced and out to you, NO MATTER WHAT. All the stuff...every bit...
Two, to fighting to keep some semblence of respect among all of you, NO MATTER WHAT, as you all have shown me more than I ever deserved.
And three, to do my best to stay a contributing member of this Site, of this Hobby and this ART as long as my eyes and energy levels will let me.

So, having stated this, know where my heart is, and that I care for this stuff more than most here ever can. I hope you all know that. I meant it when I said my gesture in the exhibit was not just for me, but for US. I wanted to share with it. THAT was my primary motivator. Educating the masses, and defending the fun of this amazing hobby. I LOVE figures, always have, always will.
I will do my best to not be a cautionary tale like others have become.

I am trying to make money here locally, teaching art classes at night on some nights, and may be taking a local part time job soon :thud: But I will stay on the work until it's done. And, WHEN I get it all done.....I may try to do more paints and stuff in limited quantities again. But only when it's practical to do so.
I let a few things dribble in and out, here and there, to pay bills, but I have not put much ahead of the main mass of work. So look for more updates on that as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all the kind support guys. I mean it. You all rock. More than you know. ENJOY all this! It's fun! It's for fun and sharing. At least this site lets us do that still. :hi5:

Oh, I have completed some heads recently, some have been sent out to owners, some haven't posted them yet. Hope to see more of those soon.

Also, there is one set I must mention so I can move on from it. I made one exception for one member, in a sort of work tradeout for older ones long due. I resisted it out of respect for the rest of you, and he knows it, but the trade out was on stuff he's waited a LONG time for, so he got newer heads painted sooner instead of the older ones, which he will wait for til well after you others here get your's before he gets the rest of his. No worries there! :lol
I hope that makes sense.
And don't worry, I won't make exceptions like this again. :lecture
OK.
Now Pjam, you can post your beloved Beatles. :)

I have work to do! :rock
Thanks again everyone! I really mean it!

Fantastic stuff Les!
I'm really happy for you and proud of sharing this hobby with you buddy!
The figures you exhibited are truly fantastic, but I really drool every time I see your Tsukuda dragon, what a beauty. Congratulations!
And Ripley looks amazing, great work all round.

WOW, I return after being away from the boards for the weekend to find this thread so alive!!! I'm so happy for you Les...and so proud to see you representing our hobby like no-one else can! You truly deserve this man and you are a true talent and great guy. I love the picture with the family. So glad your sister and Pa could be there. The display looks tremendous, and the write-up is spectacular! :rock :clap

Honestly, it was your work and the work you continue to do that astounds anyone who comes over to my place and sees my collection. I know that because of the handy-work of guys like you and D.A. and S.S., my collection is viewed more as a museum than a bunch of toys or (gasp) DOLLS on a shelf. Everyone leans in for a closer look as soon as they see my curio...but nobody dares touch anything! Toys people would be grabbing to pose and play with, but these 'museum-quality' pieces we all have are recognized as NOT to be played with (unless by US :wink1:). They are true iconic pieces.

I just had a few friends over on the weekend for a BBQ and one of them who'd seen my curio numbers of times stopped and stared at my ROTLA PF Indy for a solid minute or so, just silently staring and taking in the sculpt and the masterful paint-work. Finally he said "WOW, I can't believe how much that ACTUALLY looks like Harrison Ford...like EXACTLY, from his sneer, down to his tanned complexion, to his stubble and sweat lines. That's INSANE!"

...I told him that was the work of the Figuremaster, Les Walker. You'd never find that kind of handy-work on the 'straight-from-the-factory' statue. I could tell he was mightily impressed! :yess:

:bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back