LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work by Les once again! I love the "runny makeup" Joker head sculpt! Hey Commtech, can we see some pictures with the other custom Joker head on your figure? The other one you got from Les?

Also, can I see some pictures of that great looking Michael Keaton Batman next to you Joker! :) Who made him for you? I've always wanted a 1/6 scale Keaton Batman! Let me know. Thanks! :wave

Thanks everyone. Doing my best to get back to the works and get them going out again.

Like I said last week, my dad had surgery yesterday. Prepping for it all has been as tiring for me as just the one day yesterday was. Just in the last week, I have had to completely clean my house, alone, so my sister, who has a ton of allergies, can come home and help me with him for a few days, and help us to get the rest of our "guy kept" ie. not so clean, house back up to speed. It's gotten messy around here, with me not able to do much to clean as often as I need to. At least I'll have some needed help for a short time again.

As for my Dad's surgery, it went well, I am not allowed (by him) to discuss it online, sorry, but it's not exactly life threatening, but at his age (he turns 80 in December) EVERYTHING is serious, and this is, so it's been a tough few days. Yesterday was LONG! Anyway, he is coming home today with a few days of care needed to nurse him back to speed.
I took him to the hospital 60 miles east of here, and came back so I can be here today, to see about my Mom, who is having an Xray appt regarding her hip which she broke in Feb. Her skin has been breaking down due to the inactivity and laying down since, and that's had me scared crapless for a few weeks. Getting the old girl to eat more protien may just save her life. It's that serious.
It's been Juggling Parents lately!

SO, those things, the housework, the fact that I have a big exhibit coming up in less than a week at the local museum with 30 or so of my best, personal custom figures (Yeah! in a museum! I am pretty exctied about it! then I want to sell some of them at long last! LOL!), for the entire month of July, and lots else, is why I have been very busy and tired and slower than I want to be getting all this stuff completed and out. But I have kept up shipouts as best I can along the way, and I am glad of that.

It's hard being a company of one when you have a lot of stuff to balance. So, thanks so much those of you posting the completed works, (That Drippy Joker looks great on his body!) and know the rest of you, lots more to come.
I will be shipping out more starting again late next week, after I get the exhibit up on the 30th, and can stop and think again, and get things going again.

I really do hope to have everything shipped out by my birthday at the end of August. A little present to myself and to us all. So, it won't be long now. Doing my best at any rate.

Thanks and appreciate all the amazing support. You all rock more than I can ever say! :rock

Thanks for the update as always Les and again - your parents are in my thoughts! Hope all goes well.

That museum exhibit sounds amazing! Hope you'll be able to post some pictures of that! Can't wait to see which 30 figures make the cut lol.

I'm glad to hear that your Dad's surgery went well. I hope that things improve, and keep going well for your and your family. Yes, eating protein is very important. Especially with the elderly. We try to get my mother-in-law to do it. It's almost like having a child again. She'll eat junk that she shouldn't, and you practically have to force her to eat good food. :slap

I would love to come and visit you Les, and see your exhibit of your 30 best pieces in person! But, with work and life here, I can't really go anywhere right now. :( I hope that the exhibit goes GREAT for you! Please take some pictures of it for all of us to see. I am anxious to find out which pieces made the cut into your top 30! :)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm still working on getting a good 1/6 scale body, and a black business suit and fedora hat for my Clark Kent figure. I'll post pictures here of course, once I've got him together. :wave

Hi les sounds like your a busy man.
And I thought I had things tough with a pregnant girfreind ready to drop and trying to decorate our living room/bedroom in time.
Sounds like I have things easy in comparison,juggling parents must be hard work and you must have arms of steel;)
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the exhibit and if you do want to sell the clouseau figure I would definately be interested:)

Clouseau will be in the exhibit for sure, along with Groucho and a recently rediscovered Chaplin custom I had started ages ago, and left in a box in the room my sister is in (imagine me finding a 3/4 finished figure I forgot in amongst so much piles of boxes! LOL! It was one more for the show!).
Anyway, I will be selling some of the "Museum Pieces" once the show is over at the end of July. Not all. No Batman ones! LOL! My Nicholson Joker is mine! :yess: But there will be plenty to go when the show is done. I am paring down the collection by quite a margin, so I'll post more about that when the time comes.

Pop's back today. Feeling better. Ma's xray went well. Her hip is healing. Now her feet hurt. She's always got something.

Anyway, working and posting when I can. Thanks all.

Glad to hear some positive news about your folks Les! Can't wait to see how that Chaplin figure turns out... he'll look awesome with your Groucho :rock :rock :rock

Clouseau will be in the exhibit for sure, along with Groucho and a recently rediscovered Chaplin custom I had started ages ago, and left in a box in the room my sister is in (imagine me finding a 3/4 finished figure I forgot in amongst so much piles of boxes! LOL! It was one more for the show!).
Anyway, I will be selling some of the "Museum Pieces" once the show is over at the end of July. Not all. No Batman ones! LOL! My Nicholson Joker is mine! :yess: But there will be plenty to go when the show is done. I am paring down the collection by quite a margin, so I'll post more about that when the time comes.

Pop's back today. Feeling better. Ma's xray went well. Her hip is healing. Now her feet hurt. She's always got something.

Anyway, working and posting when I can. Thanks all.

Really hoping I can swing up for the exhibit. Hopefully you can get some pictures of it upload here too.

Thanks for the updates Les. Very glad to hear Ma and Pa are doing well right now. That's good news!

Really excited to see what you have in store for us at the end of July in your 'museum sale'?! Any ALIENS???!!! :drool

Hi guys. Just a quick in and out...

Pop's doing better, not perfect, but better since his surgery. Not bad for an 80 year old man...keeping him up.
Ma's ok, not great, but ok. She says hi. Keeping her up. Saw her today.
My July museum exhibit is set up, pics to come after the official reception this coming Thursday. Hope you all like the setup. 30 figures made the cut. Was tough deciding which. I wish I had about 15 of my older ones that are long gone or sold, that are out there now, or the few that are still here, but belong to someone else and need to be shipped out soon...no worries, I stuck to my own stuff, so no delays on that angle. Still, I was wishing...

And I am still trying to work as much as I can in the midst of all this. Tired from a tough few weeks.

Other than that, to the US guys, HAPPY 4th of JULY! And to all you others, hope your week is a good one too. :rock

Updates soon. Shipouts soon also. Private emails and pms answered as fast as I can. Appreciate all the support.

Sounds great Les! I really wish I could be there for your opening on Thursday! I'd go nuts taking pictures and video for sure! I look forward to seeing your pictures from your exhibit. :)

Good to hear that your parents are doing well too. As well as they can be. I'm still working on getting a good suit and body for my Reeve Clark Kent. I may have one soon from a board member here. Not a black suit, but more of a pinstripe gray one. A Triad Toys suit. I think it could still work for CK. I'll keep you updated on that.

"VBR" Les! :wave

Just a sidebar thing, but in today's Georgia Times-Union (an offshoot paper of the Florida Times-Union out of Jacksonville, Florida) the front page has a shot of the mural I helped paint last year. I only did bits here and there, faces or parts, the pink lady and the bits around her, etc., but still, to see my work on the FRONT PAGE of any area, REGIONAL newspaper, rocks. Just had to share it. What a thing to wake up to, even if it is old news! :yess:
(The guy in the photo is Tommy Lowmon, the fellow who got the mural going and all...)

GTUcoverpic1.jpg

With things like this, and the museum exhibit, it's a case of CRAZY week coming! :panic:

Hope you all are having a great one. I WILL be back. :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back