LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

Les take care tonight. i just saw the weather here and they showed a lot of bad stuff heading towards you. hope you hunker down and the storm doesn't affect you to much.

Ok guys I read this quite often. It seems to be kind of stylistic way in English to stress something by using a familiar German word... Can anybody tell me why you are doing this? It is kind of funny... Does it come from a movie or sth. because it looks to be quite new... :lol

Ok guys I read this quite often. It seems to be kind of stylistic way in English to stress something by using a familiar German word... Can anybody tell me why you are doing this? It is kind of funny... Does it come from a movie or sth. because it looks to be quite new... :lol

it's a german word that means forbidden...that's it.
nothing else to it as far is i know...

Thanks Abake.

You KNOW better than to ask for him, Carbo! :D
He and my BB/DK/89/39 sets are VERBOTEN to you (or anyone else)! :whip
But, I can always paint up Spencer's head and try to cobble you up one sometime later on.
Let me know. Wouldn't mind another stab at a Gordon...

Again, trying to get the sale up. Pics soon and prices. :gun
When you're back around to taking such things I'd like you to paint up my Spencer Gordon sculpt Les. LMK.

Glad to see you back Les. Sent you an email per your PM. Look forward to hearing from you bro.

Les,I plan on getting a Gordon and an Alfred so you have them to look forward to painting for me in the future! :lol you know I aint attempting it :lol

Thanks everyone, and MML, your Hicks is coming! I thought I had mailed it out to you already, but actually may have mailed to another person with your first name that had one coming also! LOL! Too many of you named that in the UK! Your's is on the way asap!

Thanks Les!! Really good to hear. So looking forward to this. I'll be sure to post when he arrives!

All the best, dude!

Les,I plan on getting a Gordon and an Alfred so you have them to look forward to painting for me in the future! :lol you know I aint attempting it :lol

DITTO BROTHER !!!!!

:naughty

it's a german word that means forbidden...that's it.
nothing else to it as far is i know...

It's just that German is too frigging cool!

Like: Achtung! Kaputt! Jawohl!

:rotfl

My dad was German... :D

Guys I am German and just wonder how did these words become a kind of stylistic exagoration in your language... :lol

It's just that German is too frigging cool!

Like: Achtung! Kaputt! Jawohl!

I think it's probably it's use in various media, especially movies and video games. I remember in Dad's Army (a British Comedy series about the Home Guard in WW2) when a German para-trooper's chute got caught on a building and was shouting "SCHNELL, SCHNELL!" Corporal Jones shouts upto him "Don't you worry about the smell!" Classic.

Last edited:

I got a package from Les on Monday containing these,

heads.jpg

Needless to say I'm VERY pleased with them,Les is the MAN!

Is that the Major from 28 days later? I suppose not, but he does bear a certain resemblance.
Very cool.

it's the Doctor!! Christopher Eccleston from Doctor Who. And Rose. Awesome heads man! Congrats. i would love a Doctor Who figure. Where did the headsculpt come from?

I saw these on my last trip up to see Les and he really nailed them both. I am continuously amazed by everything Les touches, his skin work alone is worth the price of a headpaint. :rock

I saw these on my last trip up to see Les and he really nailed them both. I am continuously amazed by everything Les touches, his skin work alone is worth the price of a headpaint. :rock

True brotha's from other motha's ! you and les ! Fo Sho !

Hi guys. A QUICK in and out, as more bad weather is due in minutes, and I am gonna unplug yet again all my stuff. :banghead Will I ever get to my sale!!?!?!?
At least I can paint when I get time...

OK, Ma is back at the nursing home. Not great, but better. It took three days to get a prognosis on her condiiton and it seems she has a permanent colony in her lungs due to the fact that she is no longer able to use most antibiotics, and is allergic to the ones that are more powerful, so she has a permanent condition somewhere just short of pneumonia. Something like that. I am having trouble understanding it all. But she is back at the home again.

Getting dark outside, and MUCH rain, so must go...
Will be back soon. Great works posted that I saw Xeno and Fusion, and thanks all for the kind posts. WIll be back in when weather permits to check PMS. Sorry so brief, but our cable line keeps getting knocked down by the weather. POURING rain right noW! WOW! See the weather channel guys! Hope anyone else here in this zone is safe and ok. AMAZINGLY bad weather the last few days.
At least Ma is out of the hospital and I can just work and try to catch up.

Til next post....keep on keeping on guys! And thanks about the Gordons and other heads. Glad the 9th Doctor and Rose made it. Loved painting those two. BillyB did a great job on Rose.

Gotta go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back