Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking into account the previous Sam pieces already produced, I think that the Sam maquette should have him holding Sting and the phial, confronting Shelob.

Maybe but I think we're liable to see like Frodo said alternate outfits first. Pippins would be FOTR attire since that piece never got made. The others would be opposite of what we've seen before. Remember this line is to taking a different look than what we've seen of these characters before.

I just reread my own post and realized my wording was poor. I didn't mean somewhere down the road we'll hopefully see these characters in alternate outfits. I meant somewhere down the road we'll hopefully have both. I would be more than content should SS do a Mordor Frodo and Sam, and Rohan Merry first. :)

I thought it was the 'ultimate version' of that character? In which case i can see a Rohirrim Merry as that's what his character grows into, but they could still justify a fellowship Pippin as we all remember him as that 'Fool of a Took'. Sam and Frodo in orc armour isn't what i would call the ultimate version though..... maybe post-ring destruction? Or laid on the side of Mount Doom?

If I remember the video entry correctly its supposed to be looks at characters as we've not seen them really before.

I just reread my own post and realized my wording was poor. I didn't mean somewhere down the road we'll hopefully see these characters in alternate outfits. I meant somewhere down the road we'll hopefully have both. I would be more than content should SS do a Mordor Frodo and Sam, and Rohan Merry first. :)

Thats possible depending on how long the line goes. Hopefully it goes that long.

If I remember the video entry correctly its supposed to be looks at characters as we've not seen them really before.

Thats possible depending on how long the line goes. Hopefully it goes that long.

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="movie" value="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/LOTR Maq TF2010.flv"></param><embed src="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/LOTR Maq TF2010.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

going by the vid the first statues will be arwen, aragorn, boromir(gondor armour), gimli, legolas and gandalf

going by the vid the first statues will be arwen, aragorn, boromir(gondor armour), gimli, legolas and gandalf

That about sums it up :

capturadepantalla201002m.png

capturadepantalla201002f.png

capturadepantalla201002c.png

capturadepantalla201002j.png

capturadepantalla201002s.png

capturadepantalla201002fs.png

I must admit, I was only planning on getting the Fellowship members, but if Arwen looks good too, I may end up getting her as I love that riding outfit. This could be a very slippery slope...

I really want to know why SSC is so afraid of making Gimli. They produce Legolas in every format but Gimli is always missing.

That about sums it up :

capturadepantalla201002j.png

Boromir is gonna look outstandingly epic! Here´s hoping for the best Sean Bean´s likeness ever, or at least as close to the original as Aragorn´s.

:pray: I´ll die a happy woman (not before I receive and admire it in person :lol)

:yess::yess::yess:

I must admit, I was only planning on getting the Fellowship members, but if Arwen looks good too, I may end up getting her as I love that riding outfit. This could be a very slippery slope...

Arwen is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing and the one I'm most likely to buy. I already have the fellowship and in most cases, while SS is likely to come up with something different, I can't see them being any better then what I have.

Arwen is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing and the one I'm most likely to buy. I already have the fellowship and in most cases, while SS is likely to come up with something different, I can't see them being any better then what I have.

See, in my case, I sold off all but 2 or 3 of my Weta pieces (the select few I had, which included some of the fellowship), so i'm quite excited about this line, as I can pick up these characters i love in this format again, but with today's quality.

The way I see it, these new maquettes are brilliant for updating Weta's old line for the humans and other races (the ones with likenesses). However the old SSW ones for the creatures and orcs etc., can't be beat for authenticity, and in my eyes literally can't be improved upon in that respect.

For those that don't have the fellowship, then yeah, I can see this as being a good way to go (with the maybe minor issue of not knowing exactly what it's all going to be like, but then again, that's why SS are pre-ordering so fast), tho I'm not really expecting 'today's quality' to be that much different, not from a production point of view anyway.
I've got 3 of the LOTR dio's and while very good, they are not leaps and bounds ahead of the old Weta statues.
The way I see it, is that only likeness and maybe pose, etc can be improved, but for me, that really only applies to a couple of statues.
Legolas and Gimli on Arod covers both of those perfectly and as a steed statue, goes very well with Aragorn at the black gates (which I still say is a perfectly OK likeness for 'king' Aragorn.
There is nothing wrong with the Boromir statue and Gandalf the Grey doesn't doesn't get much more iconic.
Merry is great and you don't get much more fantastic then Sam and Bill.
So really, all that's left is Frodo and Pippin, but then I'm not sure I'd want to really mix and match SSW and SS lines within such a defined group. So likely all or nothing from either line would be the best way to go. Apart from fill in for more sideline characters.

Watching the final Strider, the sneak peak on Gandalf and the production video from Legolas it's easy to say they are quite closely following the sketches as seen in the video. Bodes well for the release of Arwen and Boromir, but unfortunately not so well for Gimli in my opinion... His appearance is much more explosive and agressive than the others more graceful ones. To bad I say, Gimli deserves grace too...

Would love to see a Wraith in this line,hopefully we'll get one,SSW RWOS is an amazing piece and i wouldnt ever change it but always wanted a standing Ringwraith as well

Watching the final Strider, the sneak peak on Gandalf and the production video from Legolas it's easy to say they are quite closely following the sketches as seen in the video. Bodes well for the release of Arwen and Boromir, but unfortunately not so well for Gimli in my opinion... His appearance is much more explosive and agressive than the others more graceful ones. To bad I say, Gimli deserves grace too...

These maquettes are supposed to be the "ultimate version", capturing the essence of each character. There were alot of characteristics Gimli possessed....grace wasn't one of them.

Back