Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer fully sculpted myself. Plus, I like the scale better than 1/4.

This line is actually shaping up quite nicely so far.

I just hope they do some baddies. I know they said the maquette line will be aimed toward heroes. And, I'm gonna say it, in my opinion: We will see the Fellowship in this line.

SS knows how much it would mean to us. And, I think they will finally deliver.

That would truly give this line its stamp with the collectors.

I just hope they do some baddies. I know they said the maquette line will be aimed toward heroes.

No worries there; I asked one of the main SS guys about that during one of the chats and he said that there would definitely be baddies as well. They just meant that for now the maquette was focusing on heroes.

Nice. Though it would have been cool if they did the Fellowship in their FOTR attire first.

I hear a lot of people saying this and I don't quite get it. Are you referring to the outfits worn at the council when the fellowship was formed? Because seemed kind of dressy and barbie dollish... at least on a few of them. I would totally pass on that :monkey4

I kind of feel like this is SSC's last chance with the LOTR stuff. If they can't get this line to work, I can see them dropping the LOTR stuff completely, with the only exception being the PF stuff; since that's one of SSC's favorite type of figure designs.

So far, Strider is growing on me alot. Gandalf looks like he could be a winner, though we can't see everything. Legolas is disappointing in his Helm's Deep armor, but with the right kind of base (Helm's Deep debris) and maybe a swap-out arm Ex (left hand holding the bow and left hand holding his short-sword, maybe even add a right hand holding an arrow and right holding another short-sword), it might work.

I hear a lot of people saying this and I don't quite get it. Are you referring to the outfits worn at the council when the fellowship was formed? Because seemed kind of dressy and barbie dollish... at least on a few of them. I would totally pass on that :monkey4

No, at Helm's Deep Legolas added some arm/shoulder armor pieces to his outfit and had his cloak. Fellowship Legolas would have been how he was dressed during Moria or the battle of Amon Hen, for example. Just basically a tunic and some pants.

And, I'm gonna say it, in my opinion: We will see the Fellowship in this line.

SS knows how much it would mean to us. And, I think they will finally deliver.

That would truly give this line its stamp with the collectors.

Give me a complete Fellowship, and I'm on board. And once I'm on board, I will inevitably start wanting more supporting characters to go with my complete Fellowship.

If they do intend to give us all nine, then I appreciate that they are branching out from the FotR costumes early on--so that we don't have eight character designs from the first film and one from RotK. It seems that by choosing Helm's Deep Legolas and Osgiliath Boromir, they are being intentional about the full set having an intentionally varied look that isn't pinned down to one film or scene or moment. So it seems like they have already put a pretty good amount of thought and planning into the line.

Just the fact that we might soon be getting our first Gimli product from Sideshow since the Weta days is a sign to me that they are taking this line seriously.

I agree Tom the varying design shows they want to encompass the entire trilogy as much as they can early on. I have a pretty solid gut feeling that we'll see all 9 members of the fellowship before all things are said and done.

i wanna jump on this, but i just know the line will end after about 6 figures and i'll be stuck with yet another incomplete LOTR line that i can't unload for even 50% of it's original value. pretty soon people are gonna wonder why i have shelves full of aragorns, legoli, and gandalfs with no other characters. it's a shame cuz these look real nice so far.

I've got me a Fellowship from SS/W and it's good to see this new line is being heavily hinted at by SSC to be the line that finally delivers, but NOT at the expense of the PF line surely?? :pray:

The sculpts on this new range are excellent up to now and I too am looking forward to being able to 'cherry pick' from a range of lesser characters :wave

I think maybe the intention is to make the maquettes be more accurate representations of the characters themselves. Aragorn is more a loner than a warrior outright for example. Boromir is a general, not merely a diplomat sent to Rivendell etc. Gandalf is just Gandalf I suppose...lol

From the beginning SS said they wanted to capture the essence of the character moreso than be scene specific and so far the results are spectacular.

Having Trevor kickstart this line with Aragorn and Legolas wasn't a bad idea either. :wink1:

If the intention is to deliver iconic/alternate portraits, I hope that we see Merry in his Rohan armor and Pippin in his Gondorian armor (without his dirty diaper), but I hope that Sam and Frodo avoid the Orc armor...

If the intention is to deliver iconic/alternate portraits, I hope that we see Merry in his Rohan armor and Pippin in his Gondorian armor (without his dirty diaper), but I hope that Sam and Frodo avoid the Orc armor...

SS wouldn't dare do Pippin in anything other than Fellowship garb, if only for the SSW collectors. I wouldn't have thought they would anyway.

If this line is going to be as expansive as SS has suggested, I could see SS doing the fellowship in both "fellowship" attire, as well as alternate outfits somewhere down the line. I am more than fine with a Rohan Merry, and Mordor versions of Frodo and Sam. Though I agree, doing a Gondor Pippin before a Shire version would not be a smart move on SS's part. :lecture

I think they'll do a fellowship Pippin and Rohirrim Merry, otherwise what's the point in doing them at all? Frodo and Sam are more tricky.... the orc armour is a possibility, as then you could have the helmets as a switch out exclusive version too......or maybe we'll get Frodo, Sam and Gollum on one 'dead marshes' base, but i guess that'd be classed as a diorama....

Legolas looks better than any previous version too, like Strider, although i still like the Legolas on Legimarod. Getting very excited about this line :D

I think they'll do a fellowship Pippin and Rohirrim Merry, otherwise what's the point in doing them at all? Frodo and Sam are more tricky.... the orc armour is a possibility, as then you could have the helmets as a switch out exclusive version too......or maybe we'll get Frodo, Sam and Gollum on one 'dead marshes' base, but i guess that'd be classed as a diorama....

Legolas looks better than any previous version too, like Strider, although i still like the Legolas on Legimarod. Getting very excited about this line :D

These are lofty days indeed. At least 6 LOTR statues [PF's and maquettes] either shipping or being available for pre-order between now and the end of the year....plenty to get excited about. :yess:

If this line is going to be as expansive as SS has suggested, I could see SS doing the fellowship in both "fellowship" attire, as well as alternate outfits somewhere down the line. I am more than fine with a Rohan Merry, and Mordor versions of Frodo and Sam. Though I agree, doing a Gondor Pippin before a Shire version would not be a smart move on SS's part. :lecture

Maybe but I think we're liable to see like Frodo said alternate outfits first. Pippins would be FOTR attire since that piece never got made. The others would be opposite of what we've seen before. Remember this line is to taking a different look than what we've seen of these characters before.

Maybe but I think we're liable to see like Frodo said alternate outfits first. Pippins would be FOTR attire since that piece never got made. The others would be opposite of what we've seen before. Remember this line is to taking a different look than what we've seen of these characters before.

I thought it was the 'ultimate version' of that character? In which case i can see a Rohirrim Merry as that's what his character grows into, but they could still justify a fellowship Pippin as we all remember him as that 'Fool of a Took'. Sam and Frodo in orc armour isn't what i would call the ultimate version though..... maybe post-ring destruction? Or laid on the side of Mount Doom?

Back