Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the tower. My god it's beautiful. Saruman has now become my favourite minifig of all time he just looks awesome.

I've got Gandalf readin a book in the library, an Uruk filling the bomb for the attack on Helms Deep, Saruman sitting in his throne and Grima walking into the foyer with a torch.

When i turn it around i put Sruman on the balcony and Grima walking down the stairs

Really digging this set, and there was a time when I thought it was a pass.

null_zpscd0e1f24.jpg

Yeah the Rivendell set is pretty cool. I ended up buying two and combining them. I wish it came with a random elf or old Bilbo instead of Gimli (but only because I have 4 or 5 of him).

Not sure if anyone has seen the rumored list of sets for the next wave

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush £19.99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army £29.99

79013 Lake Town Chase £49.99

79014 Dol Guldur Battle £69.99

On my way back from a vacation in New Hampshire and we stopped in a Target-- Mines of Moria 50% off. I guess I'll be building that in the next few days. :)

Saw something VERY DISTURBING today. Went into my local TRU...they had just finished their aisle resets...and there was absolutely ZERO Middle-earth Legos to speak of...none, zilch, zero. No empty spots, no shelf tags, and NO ROOM for them in the new resets. Really weird.

That's what I thought...plus...TRU is the exclusive retailer for the Bridge Direct figures...

Right and I know they've got several new figures coming out in the fall. Not sure what their deal is. I've not heard anything anyways.

We need lego sets for Gondor. Lego sets with faramir, gondor rangers, gondor soldiers, tower guards....set containing part of minas tirith or osgiliath?.. pelennor battle fields with a mumakil and haradirm?

We need lego sets for Gondor. Lego sets with faramir, gondor rangers, gondor soldiers, tower guards....set containing part of minas tirith or osgiliath?.. pelennor battle fields with a mumakil and haradirm?

We definately need a Mumakil! :hi5:

Saw something VERY DISTURBING today. Went into my local TRU...they had just finished their aisle resets...and there was absolutely ZERO Middle-earth Legos to speak of...none, zilch, zero. No empty spots, no shelf tags, and NO ROOM for them in the new resets. Really weird.

TRU resets seem to be wrapping around and stretching the Lego sections, at least they have at my local stores. There's a massive Lego display right up front at my store plus the Lego section itself crosses over the main aisle and into games now... perhaps you missed it? I mean, 5 new sets just came out last month and the Hobbit wave is coming in the fall.

Back