Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who pays the ridiculous prices for those are nuts.

Some are still trying to sell those Bilbo SDCC exes from last year for hundreds. They should take the hint!

According to a member on Eurobricks, he asked a lego designer if Azog will be in a Hobbit set and he said yes, but it will be slightly different in design. The member assumes the color will be white instead of beige.

Yup, I found at least 2 auctions where people are willing to pay that kind of money for these. There's bids on them. Totally stupid. People have more money than sense.

Ridiculous. Sad news for the people who constantly buy Legos products year after year, yet some scumbags looking to make a buck, or even just happen to walk by get a figure many people have been waiting for. This is just a slap in my face as a loyal collector since the early 90s.

People are crazy and stupid...these are perfect examples why America is in the toilet right now. The idiots who are paying these prices are probably NOT paying their mortgage so they can buy a $1000 minifigure.

People are crazy and stupid...these are perfect examples why America is in the toilet right now. The idiots who are paying these prices are probably NOT paying their mortgage so they can buy a $1000 minifigure.

Look how many Lego sets you can buy with that much!

I have to wonder if someone has a few of these and this is just a way to drive the price up. Having the wife or brother bid on the auction with a steep price, then when they sell it for real, people will bid higher thinking it's worth more than it really is.

There's a mini Azog figure as well.

20130719-082711.jpg

WTH... They better give us one with a set at some point!

Look how many Lego sets you can buy with that much!

I have to wonder if someone has a few of these and this is just a way to drive the price up. Having the wife or brother bid on the auction with a steep price, then when they sell it for real, people will bid higher thinking it's worth more than it really is.

That's exactly it. He who sets the first price sets the negotiation landscape. Plus I bet these 1k auctions are being bought by POed people that are just messing with the seller, or they are shills for the seller. Still one is bid up to 600 bucks already. Dumb.

:horror

:slap

:cuckoo:

Are people really that stupid? Surely they realize he'll eventually be made for a set in the future. And just look at it. It's a small lump of plastic for crying out loud!

Some people need to get some perspective!

Plus, you could probably buy 2 or 3 Azog on Warg Weta statues for that!!

Is the SDCC Bilbo from last year the same one that comes with Bag End (minus the bag/map)?

Last edited:
These things might not matter, I think its more the exclusivity of the entire package that sets a crazy price like this. Right now people are assuming this thing is uber rare and what better way to set off your Lego collection than something so limited. Personally, the figure reminds me of the Montauk monster or something.

After resisting Orthanc for a month, I saw it assembled at SDCC and couldn't resist any longer. I just ordered it and will now anxiously await its arrival.

The line everyday to try and get the Lego exclusives was probably the 2nd or 3rd most competitive behind the Mattel & Hasbro lines. Really says something.

Back