Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and here's my fellowship
166530_10151167293870738_1364938809_n.jpg

8391696214_a430f46f4f.jpg

Very cool MOC posted on https://www.fbtb.net/

Mods, I assume I am allowed to post images from flickr???

Seeing this makes me glad I didn't end up buying the LotR Lego sets. This is too cool and I'm a completionist by nature and Lego is expensive and I would force myself to but more stuff to make cool customs like this. :lol

We got all the Hobbit sets for Christmas and my son and I put them together one by one. The nice thing is that they spread all the dwarves around so you don't end up with duplicates except for Bilbo, and even then there are two different outfits for him in the different sets. I'd have to say that Bag End is my favorite purchase.

Looks like just 2 to me. Any more really and the wall would just look too big in relation to the rest of the castle.

I haven't jumped into the LOTR Lego yet, but I'd love to start (especially with Helm's Deep as it's my favourite part of the trilogy) for my little guy down the road (who's just turning a year in a couple of weeks). The local Wal-Mart here has plenty of the Uruk-hai sets... I've got a $25 TRU GC I could put towards Helm's Deep... Very tempting. What set has a Legolas?... Would I have to get a Mine's of Moria?

What set has a Legolas?... Would I have to get a Mine's of Moria?

Mines of Moria is the only set with LOTR Legolas in it so far. Plus it's a good way to get started on the Fellowship. If you don't mind the quantity of stickers, it's a great set.

I would recommend getting the Uruk-Hai army, because as an army-builder set I've noticed it selling out more and more.

I haven't jumped into the LOTR Lego yet, but I'd love to start (especially with Helm's Deep as it's my favourite part of the trilogy) for my little guy down the road (who's just turning a year in a couple of weeks). The local Wal-Mart here has plenty of the Uruk-hai sets... I've got a $25 TRU GC I could put towards Helm's Deep... Very tempting. What set has a Legolas?... Would I have to get a Mine's of Moria?

Avoid TRU. Their LEGO items are so over priced its not even funny. You'd be lucky to buy Helms Deep at retail price after your Gift card. Amazon is the best place for Lego IMO.

Mines of Moria is the only set with LOTR Legolas in it so far. Plus it's a good way to get started on the Fellowship. If you don't mind the quantity of stickers, it's a great set.

I would recommend getting the Uruk-Hai army, because as an army-builder set I've noticed it selling out more and more.

Yeah, my local (cross border) Wal-Mart is very collector friendly (there were at least seven kits over there) but if I snooze I'll probably lose.

Avoid TRU. Their LEGO items are so over priced its not even funny. You'd be lucky to buy Helms Deep at retail price after your Gift card. Amazon is the best place for Lego IMO.

True, everything is overpriced there-- but the last time I popped in there was really nothing that had any interest for me so I thought the GC was an idea/incentive... I'll keep on the lookout.

Definitely try to use the 25 dollar gift card for a 25 dollar item or close to it. They have heavy mark ups at TRU so that often even with a sale they are still overpriced by Amazon standards.

Definitely try to use the 25 dollar gift card for a 25 dollar item or close to it. They have heavy mark ups at TRU so that often even with a sale they are still overpriced by Amazon standards.

I just came back from across the border. I grabbed two of the Uruk-hai army sets (there were four there) $27 each and I also grabbed one of the Gandalf/Frodo (9469) sets so I'm officially into LOTR Lego (heaven help me...). Amazon prices look loco (right now) and most of the Evil-bay ones also don't make much sense so I think, unless something lese pops up, I'l wait to see some of the Lego deals that TRU usually have and use the GC towards the Helm's Deep set. The only other sets I really'd like to get are The Mines of Moria (9473) and from the Hobbit (79003) An Unexpected Gathering (Bilbo's home)... The only other set over at my collector friendly Wal-Mart was the Attack of the Wargs (79002)-- besides the dwarves that set isn't really very interesting.

Back