Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this set, for the price, is not worth it. I'm bought the Dwarves individually. Total price with shipping about $33. I could have waited for this set to hit clearance but even at 50% off it would have been more money than I wanted to spend. Besides it would have been hard to find and I can't wait for the whole company to be together.

Yea, I'm still standing by my original assessment of only wanting the Wizard's Battle and Coucil of Elrond. I just don't need a pirate ship and some ghosts, while the Black Gates set just looks like it's missing something and feels incomplete.

Edit: Ok, so upon further review, the Black Gate is a "maybe". I might use VIP points or try to find it on sale.

Last edited:
They all look awesome! I'm just the opposite though ill probably pass on those two and likely to get the other two.

8421140917_43e430780e_b.jpg

Want Saruman, Gandalf the White & Mouth of Sauron

It's a shame there is no Fellbeast

Last edited:
Disappointing that they didn't give Aragorn Anduil in either of the sets. I already knew that the Mordor orcs wouldn't have unique helms/armor and that there's yet another Frodo and Gimli instead of Old Bilbo and another character but, I dunno.

Other than that good stuff. I'm buying a couple of those Wizard sets for the Saruman alone (want one with the Orc Forge and Lurtz). Hope there are better things to come.

Well, they did actually. At least based on the Lego game. That's what it looked like minus the glowing. I guess they could have chromed it to set it apart from any other swords they make.

Do you think maybe they will chrome anduril for the Black Gate set? Or atleast make the damn sword look a little different?

Thanks for sharing.

Good

- Saruman looks great!

- Gandalf the White

- Mouth of Sauron

- Aragorn in Gondorian Armor

Bad

- At least change Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli up a bit. No capes? C'mon.

- They could have easily included Old Bilbo with Sting instead of Frodo for the council of Elrond set. And Gimli? Who needs Gimli?

- No new Moria orc helmets I guess. :(

Agreed on all.

I would've liked to see a Faramir in Gondor armour, but can't complain with the excellent new figs.

The pirate ship set really needed the ghosts cast in clear plastic (like they are in the game) and one of the orcs really should have been the one with the skull on his helmet. :duh

You know, I'd really like to see a Peter Jackson as Corsair minifigure eventually. Even if it was some crazy promo figure, I think that would be fitting.

I think the Pirate ship is a pass. Though I am in the minority and like the Black Gate though I think it is way small.

Back