Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those pictures. Looking forward to the next figures. Hope to see better pictures of Orthanc come out soon. Have to figure out where I'll put all these awesome sets.

Thanks for sharing.

Good

- Saruman looks great!

- Gandalf the White

- Mouth of Sauron

- Aragorn in Gondorian Armor

Bad

- At least change Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli up a bit. No capes? C'mon.

- They could have easily included Old Bilbo with Sting instead of Frodo for the council of Elrond set. And Gimli? Who needs Gimli?

- No new Moria orc helmets I guess. :(

Aragorn has been inaccurate from the get go, so why they aren't fixing him is beyond me! And yeah, another Frodo and Gimli are useless at this point. Make those Gloin and Bilbo and you've got a great set.

I really wish one of the Orcs in the Pirate ship set had the skull on his helmet. That would have been awesome.

Lego always seems to have some odd choices with their groupings. Of those I''ll get the black gates set and if they do that Balrog set I'm in for it as well.

I'm, in for the two smaller sets - Elrond Council and Wizard Duel. I have no use for a pirate ship and the Black Gates looks alittle disappointing.

Black Gates might be a good sale item purchase.

Here's hoping for a GtW polybag.

I'd like to see a ranger Faramir polybag and a Sauron polybag to round out some of the characters.

Give them trees and volcanic/molten rock or something.

Lego doesn't release new figures in polybags. They want you to buy a set to get those. But I agree, those two figures are definitely needed now!

That Elf was new in the Hobbit polybag (technically, I know some parts were from the brown haired Elf in the barrel set. So was Elrond and TC-14 and Darth Maul.

I wonder if they'll make a Lego Lord of the Rings visual dictionary? That'd be the perfect way to introduce a Sauron minifigure.

Well since I just bought it I'm sure it will drop to $59.99 tomorrow. :lol :duh

In other news I picked up Bilbo and Gollum at Target today. :yess:

Yeah, I grabbed the Bilbo and Gollum (Riddle of the Ring) on Tuesday from my cross-border Wal-Mart. It's nice getting that for $9. They also had the new Escape From Mirkwood Spiders set and I almost got that just for the Legolas.

Today at noon Amazon started charging sales tax for me, the party is officially over since I live in a high sales tax state.

Back