Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sets have been found at toy r us
new-hobbit-2015-sets.jpg

So are they done making LOTR lego sets?

Would have been nice to have gotten some Minas Tirith themed sets, Faramir, Denethor and Gondorian Soldiers and maybe a sweet Balrog.

Last wave of BOTH The Hobbit and LOTR or just last wave of LOTR?

It's kind of lame that the Azog included in the BOTFA set isn't wearing his armor.

Both as far I can tell.

I agree, I also wish Smaug was in the Laketown set.

I think there is alot of room for some really nice advanced sets. I love LOTR but for me many of these where underwhelming.

Man...like the Toybiz line of action figures, this Lego line hits the end without completely finishing the needed items. Would have been nice to have some Gondor sets, even some prologue sets. Did we even get a Sauron? Coulda Woulda....just like Toybiz:(

Eh, I think Toy Biz ended on a high note. There was a a well rounded selection of heroes, villains, wizards, orcs, beasts and horses. Sure, we didn't get the likes of Rosie Cotton or the Wildmen, but who cares about them. It was no where near as bad as Lego here.

I can't believe Lego never made Gondorians, a Minas Tirith set or a Balrog. No Faramir, Denethor, soldiers? They could have done so much more with the moria orcs (like the helmet ones in the kids game). One last wave could have filled those easily.

You can definately say lego at least did a better job than the bridge direct. The lego playsets look awesome... And TBD, did'nt even get one. Imagine a goblintown or erebor set.
TOO many missed opportunities for these toy companies... :gah:

Back