LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Trust me, I've looked. i had them sorted by color, by type and size.

I believe you, but missing 6 or 7 pieces is actually pretty unusual. I don't think I've ever missed more than one or two, and I can't swear that those weren't my own fault. Sometimes the pieces don't want to come out of their bags, or they get misplaced.

I agree. Out of the 10 sets I've built I haven't had one that had a piece missing, but then again they are all 2011-2013 sets. The UCS Shuttle is 2010 and I think the lack of numbered bags could likely cause a problem as well. I mean I am down to 30% of the remaining pieces and it's very frustrating. I would like to get the damn thing finished already.

I believe you, but missing 6 or 7 pieces is actually pretty unusual. I don't think I've ever missed more than one or two, and I can't swear that those weren't my own fault. Sometimes the pieces don't want to come out of their bags, or they get misplaced.

Yup. Everytime I think I'm missing a brick it's just been one that didn't come out of the bag... I've bought quite a few sets over the last couple years and I can't remember ever missing a brick.

lol, guys do I detect you doubt as to what i say?

Yes. I've had many instances of swearing up and down at Lego for missing pieces but then find them tucked under some other piece or hiding under the manuals. I even contacted Lego for replacement parts on a set and find out two weeks later they were stuck in a crinkled area of the bag.

Are you kidding? If I hadn't exhausted every spot they could be, why would I post a question asking veterans? And also, I'd say the higher the piece count, the more likely it is. 2500 is a lot of pieces. They are not in piles where pieces can easily blend in. They are separated in several different ways and in a neat order.

I recently had two pieces missing in a polybag of all things, so I don't doubt something could have happened.

Yes. I've had many instances of swearing up and down at Lego for missing pieces but then find them tucked under some other piece or hiding under the manuals. I even contacted Lego for replacement parts on a set and find out two weeks later they were stuck in a crinkled area of the bag.

:lol same thing happened to me. Never really had missing parts since 1999 as far as I can remember.

lol, guys do I detect you doubt as to what i say?

No, not at all! Not sure if you remember or if I even posted it here but I bought that little Batboat/Mr Freeze/Aquaman set a couple weeks ago when it was on sale at Target for 15 bucks. The bags where "sealed", yet there was not a single Minifig part in any of them! Now, perhaps this counts as missing pieces but I think in this instance I just got a set that some jerk took the figures from. It happens.

i just built the a wing set and just like you guys said i thought i misplaced Han's hair. But after three days no luck so he has a helmet on.
Also the crobar is missing. i always get extra but this was the first time i got less.

I've been buying LEGO for 20 years (yeah, I'm that old) and I can honestly say the only time I was missing pieces from a set was when it was previously opened (like an open box special or a return on clearance). It's actually kind of amazing I think. There was a brief period when LEGO switched some of the colors (grays, brown) that I got the wrong color piece, but I did get it. And sometimes a sticker sheet would get mangled inside the box. With pretty much all these things, even the open box ones, LEGO would help me out. They have to have the best CS of any toy company I've ever dealt with. I haven't had to use it in a while so I'm not sure if they're still as good as they were to me, but try here:

service.lego.com/

Just dismantled my UCS Y-wing :monkey2 in anticipation of moving and it was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy, but I'm dreading the Death Star II and UCS Star Destroyer, yikes.:gah::horror:panic: I still have that Droid Escape set #9490 if anybody wants to swing by my place in Downtown Seattle and pick it up, it's all yours, free.:wave

Thanks for the Droid Escape set astro666, it was really cool of you!

You survived with both kidneys? I figured it was a ploy to drug someone and harvest their organs for more Legos. :p

Jk, great gesture astro!

You survived with both kidneys? I figured it was a ploy to drug someone and harvest their organs for more Legos. :p

Jk, great gesture astro!
:cuss You keep your mouth shut MadCow, or else you'll be next. Anyway, you have no proof that Veil1 is missing, maybe he just decided to leave town without telling anyone or leaving a forwarding address. You're lucky I have to go get a cooler and some ice right now, or else you might have run into somebody asking "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?". Watch your back buddy.:nana:

:wave You bet, it was my pleasure, I hope you and your son have fun putting it together. It was great meeting you too by the way.:duff

Jk, great gesture astro!

My Wife had the same initial response :) But I explained to her the great stuff that the Freaks do on this board for one another. She still checked my sides to make sure I wasn't "harvested" :dunno

I get this all the time.

My mom thought I was nuts for sharing a room at Celebration with two other "freaks." But then she met them! That was all she needed.

Back