Lego Marvel Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of the new sets as a gift for V-Day. It's pretty sweet. Interesting how it implies that Ultron commands Iron Legion drones to steal Loki's staff from Avengers Tower.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424402582389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424402582389.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 247
Got one of the new sets as a gift for V-Day. It's pretty sweet. Interesting how it implies that Ultron commands Iron Legion drones to steal Loki's staff from Avengers Tower.

That's the plot info that has been around for a bit now. This isn't the only thing that seems to make that same storyline...

I found most of the AoU sets at a local TRU yesterday... I got all but the hulkbuster set and the quinjet set, figures the two sets I wanted the most. I'm thinking about calling other TRU's in my area to see if they have them in, but everytime i've called TRU in the past to check inventory I discovered their employees aren't very helpful and seem oblivious to my requests.

Also picked up the Milano on clearance at walmart... wasn't planning on getting the GOTG sets because groot looks ridiculous, but at $49.99, I couldn't resist after seeing it's retail price.

Damn, I'd be all over that Milano set if I could find it for $50. THat's a great find!

And yes, people who work retail these days typically just give you the old "If it's not on the shelf we don't have it" crap. However, I did figure out that at TRU, once they fill their shelves, they usually stick whatever is left in a little storage area up above the regular stock. If there are big banner signs above the shelves, and if you're tall enough, you can lift it up and sometimes there's more stuff behind it. ;)

Found the first Avengers Quinjet at Walmart for $25 once. Only one too. Never seen a deal like at any store since.

Just looked at my recepit, and I was wrong... The milano wasn't $49.99 it was $53.98, but still a great price... they had at least 6 of them and they all had dust on the boxes. Check walmarts near you, maybe others will do the same.

Shame the Milano is a great set (build and minifigs). I also bought mine for $50. Yesterday I bought the last X-Men set at my Target, it was clearenced.

Figures...

I've had the Milano a bit over a week. Was boxed until yesterday when it snowed me in so I had a few drinks and built it. Oh well, got it for $65 so not too bad.

Back