Lego Disney minifigure series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an almost complete set at the Lego store yesterday. Got everyone except for Donald. The guy that worked there was trying to help and accidentally picked out a duplicate Syndrome instead of the Duck. Ended up ordering one on Ebay for $6.00 shipped.

Interested to see what they come out with next, Disney related.

Also saw these for sale at Newbury Comics for $7.99 each. :horror

Lego is making a new storage case for the figures....lol

image.jpeg

I could conceivably be in WDW when this drops for VIPs. If I got to either buy it or at least lock one up while on vacation IN Disney, that would make it especially awesome.

Lego is making a new storage case for the figures....lol

View attachment 275490

Has this been officially announced?
I know they idea has been teased and there are already several very good MOC's out there. Not sure if this is one of them.

I like it. They just need to change the color of the central tower. It should be closer to being white and not gold.

This is from a Dutch site from yesterday:

Dankzij CM4Sci hebben we wederom de foto’s te pakken. Helaas zijn de foto’s zijn niet erg scherp maar geeft wel een goed beeld van de set. Zoals je kan zien gaat de set de hoogte in en gezien de echte Cinderella Castle natuurlijk indrukwekkend is hebben ze dat hier erg goed over kunnen brengen in een LEGO set. Wat ook op valt is dat we geen zuurstok roze kasteel krijgen maar een erg strak afgewerkt kasteel vol met details.

De minifigures die we zien zijn Mickey, Minnie, Katrien, Donald en Tinkerbell. Of er nog meer minifigures bijgevoegd worden is nog niet duidelijk maar gezien de grote van de set zal het ons niet verbazen als we er nog een aantal kunnen verwachten.

De release staat (zo ver nu bekend) gepland voor september met een early access voor LEGO vip leden halverwege augustus. Meer informatie hierover zodra de set officieel aangekondigd wordt. De RRP zal rond de €400 – €450 liggen.

Zodra we meer informatie en foto’s hebben lees je dat natuurlijk hier op Bouwsteentjes.info. Tot die tijd zijn wij benieuwd naar jouw mening en lezen deze graag in een reactie onder dit artikel (aanbevolen) of via social media.

You can kinda make out the dates and price w/o translating, although I'd love to know what it says.

You can kinda make out the dates and price w/o translating, although I'd love to know what it says.

It doesn't say that much. I made a rough translation since my 1st language is Dutch:

"Thanks to CM4Sci, we have again received some unreleased pictures. The pictures are a little blurry to see all of the set’s details. As you can see, the set is on the tall side, due to the fact that the ‘real’ Cinderella Castle is as impressive. It’s also mentionable that this castle isn’t some pink sugarcoated castle but rather a full fleshed-out castle full of details.

The minifigures that we’ve seen are Micky, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Tinkerbell. Other minifigures aren’t confirmed just yet but due to the size of the set it wouldn’t surprise us if there were actually more minifigures included.
The release is planned for September and it has a VIP-release around the 15th of August. More information is sure to come when it will be officially announced. The RRP will be around € 400-450.

If we get a hold on more information and pictures, we will post them on our website: Bouwsteentjes.info. Meanwhile you can give us your feedback in the comment section below or on our social media page."

I read in the Bricklink forum that this set will be announced on Monday. It could be a rumour so don't get your hopes up.

Can't believe I've resisted and the local toystore is a lego collector, and she numbers them so we can get what we want. All I've done is bought five aliens. Otherwise I kinda gave up when I let Spongebob go and just leave it to the odd gift set or something.

Press release:

71040 The Disney Castle

Ages 16+. 4,080 pieces.
US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – DE 349.99€ – UK £289.99 – DK 2999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Welcome to the magical Disney Castle!

Bring the magical world of Disney to your home with The Disney Castle. This highly detailed LEGO® model with over 4,000 pieces offers a rewarding build and play experience, and comes with an array of exciting Disney-themed features and functions. The intricately detailed facade and towers replicate the iconic Walt Disney World® Resort Cinderella Castle, and each accessible castle room includes special features inspired by some of Disney’s greatest animated feature films, providing endless play possibilities with the included minifigures: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Tinker Bell, or other characters from your collection.

71040 The Disney Castle includes 5 minifigures: Mickey Mouse with a tuxedo, Minnie Mouse with red dress, Donald Duck with classic outfit, Daisy Duck with pink skirt, lavender colored shoes and a bow, and Tinker Bell with wig element, skirt, wings and a magic wand.
The set features a detailed facade with a stone bridge, clock, wide arched entrance, ornate balconies, spired towers, plus a four-story main building and a five-story, golden-spired main tower, both containing rooms with assorted Disney-inspired features and elements. The castle main building first floor features the main hall with large arched doorway, mosaic floor tiling, ornate chandelier, suits of armor, shield-decorated walls, grandfather clock, floor-standing vase with buildable flower elements, magic carpet and a golden lamp. The main building second-floor room features buildable dark-blue curtains with curtain pole, ornate buildable candelabra and rose, and glass case elements. The third-floor room features a chest with book of spells, mop and bucket elements, and access to the main tower second-floor room.
The castle's main building fourth-floor bedroom features a detailed bed with decorative golden headboard elements.
The main tower first-floor kitchen features a large redbrick-patterned stove, workbench, buildable broom and pumpkin, plus pots, pans and assorted kitchen and food elements. The second-floor includes a spinning wheel and access to the castle main building third-floor room. The third-floor features a chest containing brush, scissor and lock of black hair elements, plus a balcony with 2 stud shooters for a firework-display function. The main tower's fourth-floor features a golden mirror, plus red apple and glass vast elements and the fifth-floor features a window bench and an arched window.
It also includes 2 frogs and a golden crown element.

Remove part of the roof section to discover the glass slipper element and fairy-tale book element with printed cover.
Launch the fireworks and let the magic begin!
Combine with other LEGO® minifigure characters for endless adventures!
This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12 and over.
This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
The Disney Castle measures over 29” (74cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 1, 2016

Awesomeness!

I like all the minifigs they included. Surprisingly enough, there is no Cinderella. Wow, c'mon LEGO!!

That's looking mighty impressive.... but I just can't help but be a scrooge and want a Sleeping Beauty Castle instead (it would be loads cheaper haha)

Tinker Bell, Mickey and Minnie are unique.... i can't tell if Donald and Daisy are.

As for LEGO, people have asked if they would do other castles. Their response is that the future is undetermined, meaning that they could or they could not.

Tinker Bell, Mickey and Minnie are unique.... i can't tell if Donald and Daisy are.

As for LEGO, people have asked if they would do other castles. Their response is that the future is undetermined, meaning that they could or they could not.

Considering the fervor with which people are buying the minifig series and Dis fans in general I would be surprised if they didn't make your West Side Castle. :)

Back