Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012...

TRU just raised the prices on Lego Super Heroes across the board. Glad we were able to get in on it before the gouging began! :yess:

I hope I get my notice, all the other sets have arrived. :)

TRU just raised the prices on Lego Super Heroes across the board. Glad we were able to get in on it before the gouging began! :yess:

geez, they raised the prices while most of the items were out-of-stock. is that their way of easing customers into the price-gouging?

I've been collecting LEGO since the 80s. Ever since the Star Wars line came out in 1999, TRU has been selling LEGO at a premium. That Catwoman set markup is the worst I've seen. About the only time it's worth buying them at TRU is during their BOGO periods, or during the two weeks they get to preview the new sets before anyone else.

LEGO used to have a very nice cashback award program. They replaced it a couple of years ago with their current VIP program, which is still pretty good, plus they often have a free set with purchase promo. I'm lucky enough to have a store nearby, but the free shipping periods happen often enough to take advantage regularly. So far with the VIP program, I've earned $250, and a bunch of freebie sets (Star Wars system complete, Castle complete, Batman 1 complete, etc etc). Their customer service is also top-tier. Always has been.

I ordered the DC sets from shop.lego.com, but will supplement with Amazon next year for the Batcave and the Marvel sets. They'll be on sale soon enough, with free shipping.

I'm not sure how much of a deal you are really getting with TRU's BOGO 50% sale...

For instance I saw POTC's Black Pearl at Costco for $79.99...
TRU has the same thing for $119.99...

So even though you are getting 50% off your 2nd set you aren't saving that much because they already overcharged you for both sets to compensate... :slap

Therefore sometimes even with a sale you are still paying more after 'saving' than just buying it from another store which is ridiculous.

unfortunately, toysrus is the only brick & mortar store that's getting the DC sets before Christmas. i haven't heard or read of anyone finding them at Lego stores.
i wouldn't be surprised to see toysrus' prices lower back down to msrp after Dec. 25.

The LEGO store I go to in Downtown Disney just got their first batch of shipment in today. The only 2 BATMAN related ones are the Batwing set and the Batman figure (the robotic looking one).

So I picked up those two. Still waiting on the rest of the Batman related set. I am going to expand my old Batman lego with the new one and make a massive LEGO Batcave

The LEGO store I go to in Downtown Disney just got their first batch of shipment in today. The only 2 BATMAN related ones are the Batwing set and the Batman figure (the robotic looking one).

So I picked up those two. Still waiting on the rest of the Batman related set. I am going to expand my old Batman lego with the new one and make a massive LEGO Batcave

congrats on the find. were the prices the same as the lego online store?

Just curiosity does anyone know if TRU here in australia is just as crooke....I mean price picky?

TRU as a company is 'price picky' as you've put it...

They know that they are probably the most famous / well known toy store out there so people will come in there and buy stuff regardless of the price @_@.

Pretty much once they get you in the door you are screwed.

FAO Schwartz is famous too... oh wait TRU bought them :cuckoo:...

Still no shipping notice for the Fun House I ordered from Lego Shop. Don't think it'll show up in time for Christmas, oh well.

At least I have the rest for my little guy to open. Plus, now Lego will be doing The Lord of the Rings, Avengers, and Spider-Man.

:)

Crap man, we just returned one of the two sets we bought at Toys R Us over a week ago. If I knew you were looking for one, you could have bought it and I would have mailed it to you. :(

Not a problem. I actually wanted to use my TRU gift card from earlier this year.

Back