Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to post this after SDCC. I got the Superman set I wanted while I was there!

264e93b929fe05c39fa01caa992365e4.jpg

I put it together but haven't taken a picture of it yet.

I forgot to post this after SDCC. I got the Superman set I wanted while I was there!

264e93b929fe05c39fa01caa992365e4.jpg

I put it together but haven't taken a picture of it yet.

Excellent! I got the '66 set from last year on ebay, and still hate myself a little for what I paid.

That is fantastic! Congrats!

I just wish they'd put a little more effort into the mini-figs for their Comic-Con stuff. I realize the need for it to be compact, so, I understand doing the car the way they did, but I think it'd be much more difficult to say no to these types of sets if they had the corresponding West and Ward mini-figs (like the digital versions in the LEGO Batman game), or a Golden Age Superman, though, admittedly, I'd say they can get away with it on Superman, based on the sheer novelty of the costume, as it is.

I was incredibly lucky to get it. My wife and I didn't get it the day it was available. We went the next day for the Ultron set--I lost again but my wife won a ticket to buy one. I was hoping to trade someone for the Superman set but couldn't find anyone that would do it. A guy at the Lego store booth told us to come back Sunday--no need to wait in line for a ticket--and we'd have the opportunity to buy one then if they had any left. We got to the booth Sunday as soon as the doors opened and after waiting in line we got to the cashier and she said we could only buy one if we had gotten a ticket that day. My wife was about to start crying because she knew this was the only exclusive I wanted for myself from SDCC. I asked the lady if there was a way I could trade the Ultron set (I still had it in the plastic bag it came with in my backpack) and she said they weren't supposed to allow that. Then she told me to hand her the bag. She handed me back another bag and whispered don't tell anyone (whoops). I thanked her about a dozen times and we left. I was almost afraid to open the bag to see if it was really the Superman set. :lol That lady was the hero of my comic con.

As happy as I am that I got one I wish Lego would offer them to everyone after the comic con. There's no way I'd buy this set for the $200 it was going for on eBay just because it was an exclusive. This is such an iconic Superman scene (though I really wish it had come with a Golden Age costume figure) that everyone should be able to get it. There's not many Superman-themed Lego sets as it is.

I was incredibly lucky to get it. My wife and I didn't get it the day it was available. We went the next day for the Ultron set--I lost again but my wife won a ticket to buy one. I was hoping to trade someone for the Superman set but couldn't find anyone that would do it. A guy at the Lego store booth told us to come back Sunday--no need to wait in line for a ticket--and we'd have the opportunity to buy one then if they had any left. We got to the booth Sunday as soon as the doors opened and after waiting in line we got to the cashier and she said we could only buy one if we had gotten a ticket that day. My wife was about to start crying because she knew this was the only exclusive I wanted for myself from SDCC. I asked the lady if there was a way I could trade the Ultron set (I still had it in the plastic bag it came with in my backpack) and she said they weren't supposed to allow that. Then she told me to hand her the bag. She handed me back another bag and whispered don't tell anyone (whoops). I thanked her about a dozen times and we left. I was almost afraid to open the bag to see if it was really the Superman set. :lol That lady was the hero of my comic con.

As happy as I am that I got one I wish Lego would offer them to everyone after the comic con. There's no way I'd buy this set for the $200 it was going for on eBay just because it was an exclusive. This is such an iconic Superman scene (though I really wish it had come with a Golden Age costume figure) that everyone should be able to get it. There's not many Superman-themed Lego sets as it is.

It is an awesome set. I'd love to see an "icons" series aimed at adult collectors. Could you imagine LEGO Starro?:drool

Brave_and_the_Bold_28.jpg

Recreating iconic covers seems like a no-brainer to me. I'd also love to see some giant non-Batman related Lego sets. Not that I don't like Batman but he's had quite a few big sets already. Hall of Justice, League of Doom headquarters, Fortress of Solitude, Justice League Watchtower, Starro, any big DC sets from the comics would be awesome.

Those all sound like fantastic sets, and would love to see Lego do them instead of rehashing sets from the original 2006-08 run. Even though I like the look of the Jokerland set I got today, it's basically the Funhouse set from two years ago on steroids, with the addition of yet a third iteration of the Burton-era Batmobile.

Recreating iconic covers seems like a no-brainer to me. I'd also love to see some giant non-Batman related Lego sets. Not that I don't like Batman but he's had quite a few big sets already. Hall of Justice, League of Doom headquarters, Fortress of Solitude, Justice League Watchtower, Starro, any big DC sets from the comics would be awesome.

The Fortress could make for an awesome play set. A giant Lego key, oversized Jor-El and Lara mini-figs for the statue; there's all kinds of potential. I love the idea of a Hall of Justice, though. Ooh! Flash museum!

I'm surprised they didn't make a Metropolis set from Man of Steel. Have, like, three buildings, and then 1,000 extra bricks that you just dump around them.

When it comes to vehicles they could definitely could do an invisible jet. I'd like a baby Superman in his spaceship too. The '66 Batmobile done right is a must.

Truthfully, I haven't bought a Lego product in years, but, since last year, I'm growing more and more interested. That Tumbler was the first thing I noticed (still want to get one of those), then the Lego Batman 3 game (there are some awesome ideas for sets in there), and then, this year, your Action set hit me where it hurts, as I'm a sucker for the Golden Age, but, lastly, Lego Dimensions. I don't know if I can resist Batman teaming up with the Ghostbusters and Marty McFly, and I have a feeling that those booster packs may cause the gates of hell to fly right open.:lol

Well there will be one next year:

The 1966 tv series Batcave, no information on the piece count and content. The Lego DC Superheroes Beyond Gotham level should give an idea of what to expect.

LegoBatman3-5.jpg

lego-batman3-characters.jpg

Awesome!!!

Back