Legends of Cthulhu Retro Action Figure KS - Now with 12'' Cthulhu!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legends of Cthulhu Retro Action Figure KS

I went to the launch part today, and you guys... I mean, these look cool in the pics, right? But they looked even better in person. The paint jobs are phenomenal. It was so great seeing them all together. As was seeing the proto casts with the accessories.

I took home a bunch of goodies, including the print of the amazing art Ken Kelly did for the line. That's going in a frame ASAP and in my collection room. I NEED for the Kickstarter to get to 200,000. :) I bought the Clash of the Titans Kraken at Ka-Pow Collectables and he needs a buddy to hang out with. And clearly whatever that final KS stretch goal is, it's gonna be HUGE.

14477195532_bc0187defd_z.jpg

Oh wow, I'm totally jealous of that print and those catalog pages. I wish they were included in kick starter kit.

Now, of course, for the AMAZING NEWS...

12'' Cthulhu revealed! He's unlocked at $200,000!

"Once we share the price of the 12" Great Old One: Cthulhu, you are more than welcome to add to your pledge to cover his eventual cost. But be warned, if we don't reach the $200,000 goal, we will not be producing him."

14312383858_88540bec97_c.jpg

And, also equally as cool... the next stretch goal is Lovecraft himself! He's added to the levels that include the stretch goals for free once unlocked.

14498994375_77d15d6226_c.jpg

Last edited:
12" Cthulu would be awesome, of course, though I don't think I could afford it. I'm really hoping we get Lovecraft.

12" Cthulu would be awesome, of course, though I don't think I could afford it. I'm really hoping we get Lovecraft.

I think we'll definitely get to Lovecraft.

In other good news, all the extra fun goodies that were only available at certain levels are now available as add-ons. That includes the VHS, coloring book, poster, t-shirt and "convenience store" cup! I only need one of each of most of those, but I am getting an extra coloring book for sure.

• Coloring Book- $12
• Cup -$9
• Poster- $20
• VHS Tape - $15
• T-Shirt- $20

They also did a sneak peek of the coloring book. I know it's all secondary to the toys, but it's part of what makes this project fun.

e3c6305b29719798f31ece5241088a91_large.png

Alright! I'm in! :thud:

Now let's get this train moving! Does anyone have any personal contacts through Horrorhound Magazine or Fright-Rags? I've sent a message through Facebook - hopefully something will come of that. I also left a message on the Kickstarter page urging someone to find Guillermo Del Toro. (I mean no brainer!) :rotfl

@JonWes: I both love and hate you for bringing this to my attention, lol.

It's funny... I've gone the other direction. Oh, I still like an articulated figure now and again. But, to be honest, there's a beauty and simplicity in 5 POA that can really get lost when so much articulation is put in. I also like that they actually got Eddy Mosqueda (who did a lot of sculpting for MOTU and other lines) and Ken Kelly to do the art!

Huh I'm kind of in the middle I like articulation a lot but really dislike a little articulation.:)

Now, of course, for the AMAZING NEWS...

12'' Cthulhu revealed! He's unlocked at $200,000!

"Once we share the price of the 12" Great Old One: Cthulhu, you are more than welcome to add to your pledge to cover his eventual cost. But be warned, if we don't reach the $200,000 goal, we will not be producing him."

14312383858_88540bec97_c.jpg

They're only at $118,000 with five days to hit $200,000? Doesn't seem likely. I love what these guys are doing though.

I dunno. I'm starting to get cold feet. Does anyone have bad Kickstarter experiences?

These guys sound great, but they have no experience actually producing a toy line like this. There hearts are definitely in the right place and the idea is balls-to-the-walls awesome, but that doesn't mean they might not be in over their heads... I keep reminding myself that I'm not paying nearly $300 for a set of toys as a customer - it's a donation that I hope gets me the toys and extra merchandise. In 6-8 months, lol.

I have to be comfortable losing that much money, knowing I tried. I'm not quite sure I can afford to. :(

They're only at $118,000 with five days to hit $200,000? Doesn't seem likely. I love what these guys are doing though.

Agreed. But I think Lovecraft is still doable. And he's added to your order free at Cultist and above.

I dunno. I'm starting to get cold feet. Does anyone have bad Kickstarter experiences?

These guys sound great, but they have no experience actually producing a toy line like this. There hearts are definitely in the right place and the idea is balls-to-the-walls awesome, but that doesn't mean they might not be in over their heads... I keep reminding myself that I'm not paying nearly $300 for a set of toys as a customer - it's a donation that I hope gets me the toys and extra merchandise. In 6-8 months, lol.

I have to be comfortable losing that much money, knowing I tried. I'm not quite sure I can afford to. :(

I wouldn't worry about it. There are people who would be sketchy donating too, but these guys already have functioning protos, they've been in the toy business for years, have a rep in China, are working with top-notch industry professionals, etc. They aren't just some people who decided to put a toy line together. There's a lot of professional experience there.

It sucks but I had to cancel my pledge. I wasn't able to raise the money in time. Hopefully I can't get a Cthulu figure down the road.

It sucks but I had to cancel my pledge. I wasn't able to raise the money in time. Hopefully I can't get a Cthulu figure down the road.

That's a bummer, man! It would stink to miss out on the exclusives, but I've been there before.

Only a couple days to go! Here's a new video with Eddy Mosqueda, who was the sculptor and sculpted a lot of toys in the 80s, including Masters of the Universe.

The Haul of Cthulhu!

16282533392_d3099bb834_z.jpg

These figures are SO amazing. Warpo have thrown down the gauntlet on 3.75'' action figures. Funko and Bif Bang Pow should take notice. These are really perfect in every way. Incredibly solid. Well sculpted. Beautifully painted. They are very solid and heavy. The card backs are nice and thick and feature amazing art.

Here is a pic after I opened a few. I definitely want to take some better pics at some point once I've opened more. I wish we'd gotten to the Lovecraft and huge Cthulhu stretch goals! I hope Warpo considers it.

16283363455_f86c4ac806_z.jpg

Holy crap! You really went all in! :hi5:

I'm a little annoyed that have to wait over the weekend for mine - they won't arrive till Monday... Grrr. I've got some on PO with BBTS as well, though. I figure those'll be the 'openers'. No way I'm marring the official Warpo-sealed cardbacks if I can help it.

Those are some really baddass vintage style figures... I really like that they kept the right style, but didn't limit themselves and created figures with different kinds of bodies. That's the thing I really dislike about the ReAction figures; they all have a very similar build and look more cheap than cool vintage.

Yeah, I did go a wee bit crazy. But I wanted two sets - one carded and one to open, and I wanted some army builders. And 2 coloring books - one to color and one to keep clean. :)

They really are the perfect distillation of retro-ness but with really quality builds and great sculpting. Doing the sculpts actually in wax and having a sculptor who actually worked back then paid dividends. I also liked that they kept the paint simple, but it's still really nicely done with shading and transitions of color. It's not all simple blocks of color.

Did anyone catch a glimps of the giant Cthulhu in the background of the kickstarter thank you video? It looks stunning and bigger the 12 inches!

Back