Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today. The power adapter is bad, but the light-up does work using the IM2 Mk6 maquette adapter. It's spec'ed at .5V higher than the Neytiri adapter, so I don't know if that's a problem, but it works for me. Not sure if .5V would harm the circuitry.

I found several issues with mine. There a gap between the front and back half of her head. Looks like the factory didn't seat it right when gluing.

The tail does go in all the way which keeps the the dagger from seating properly. Either the hole was drilled wrong or the wire in the tail was installed wrong.

Pin from bow doesn't fit in hole properly. I checked and thehole is deep enough, butat the wrong angle. The bow hits her left and the pin will only go in one way.

The left hand is the same darker shade as the right hand, so it lloks like it was intended.

The gloss on the lips isn't necessary

The stripes on the arms a decals whoch makes the left arm have a slight semigloss sheen.

Ok, now to focus on some positive aspects. Here's some indirect daylight photos. No flash. I did tweak the contrast and levels in Photoshop.

DSC_8657.jpg

DSC_8659.jpg

DSC_8661.jpg

DSC_8663.jpg

DSC_8666.jpg

DSC_8668.jpg

DSC_8669.jpg

In all honesty, at $1,600.00 plus shipping does anyone have a bit of buyer's remorse?

I would have preferred for the price that the factory would figured out a way to paint the stripes and avoid using decals.

Last edited:
Decals? Did my eyes miss something? What decals

You can see the edges around the stripes. It's called decal silvering. It happens when decals are applied to a matte surface. The factory should hve covered the figure in gloss before and after applying decals. The cover with a cear matte coat.

You can see the edges around the stripes. It's called decal silvering. It happens when decals are applied to a matte surface. The factory should hve covered the figure in gloss before and after applying decals. The cover with a cear matte coat.

Boy buddy I just don't see it , they are way too smooth for them to be decals, I think most likely they uses some kind of stencil and airbrushed them on,

Boy buddy I just don't see it , they are way too smooth for them to be decals, I think most likely they uses some kind of stencil and airbrushed them on,

You can see it in this photo. Where there is a shine on the left arm, it is from the decal.

DSC_8675.jpg

Last edited:
In all honesty, at $1,600.00 plus shipping does anyone have a bit of buyer's remorse?

Yeah I'm kind of with you on that. I'm not really feeling this maquette and would have been disappointed. I'll stick to the statue especially with Jake coming.

That said congrats to all those who got her and are enjoying it!:1-1:

Back