Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy check out my YouTube on how to put the bow in hand , assuming yours has the same movement on arm :)

Ya man, I saw your video when you first put it up. I actually kept in mind everything you said in your video while I was assembling her. Only problem is the arm sits in the socket very good, theirs no play whatsoever. So I gotta figure out another way to get the bow to stay in place. I don't mind it sitting outside her hand a little, it still looks good.

It's to bad they didn't put a magnet in the left hand or something to hold the bow in place. Everything I've tried doesn't work, so I gave up for now.

I've looked at a few close up pics on SS's site and the ones from SDCC of her hand. The bow actually is suppose to sit "inside" her finger, not on top. The problem is the bow is to dam thick to fit inside her hand. That, or her finger is closed to much.

I tried sliding it in her finger from the tip of the bow but it stops after about an inch. The bow is just to dam thick. The pics I've looked at from the con show the bow to be very thin.

I'm going to bring the bow to my painter have him sand it down to make it thinner and repaint it. Should fit then.

Chris

Last edited:
sideshow is geting bashed badly on FB for this one, a couple of disgruntled buyers taking it out on FB page

Ya man, I saw your video when you first put it up. I actually kept in mind everything you said in your video while I was assembling her. Only problem is the arm sits in the socket very good, theirs no play whatsoever. So I gotta figure out another way to get the bow to stay in place. I don't mind it sitting outside her hand a little, it still looks good.

It's to bad they didn't put a magnet in the left hand or something to hold the bow in place. Everything I've tried doesn't work, so I gave up for now.

I've looked at a few close up pics on SS's site and the ones from SDCC of her hand. The bow actually is suppose to sit "inside" her finger, not on top. The problem is the bow is to dam thick to fit inside her hand. That, or her finger is closed to much.

I tried sliding it in her finger from the tip of the bow but it stops after about an inch. The bow is just to dam thick. The pics I've looked at from the con show the bow to be very thin.

I'm going to bring the bow to my painter have him sand it down to make it thinner and repaint it. Should fit then.

Chris

I returned my neytiri because of this issue. I tried everything, the bow still won't fit. It bugs me a lot to see the bow doesn't fit her hand :slap

I just want 1 LSF in my room so I ordered wolverine LSF, if that has an issue too I would just give up the LSF line. For the price they charge quality should be great if not it's just not worth it.

I just want 1 LSF in my room so I ordered wolverine LSF, if that has an issue too I would just give up the LSF line. For the price they charge quality should be great if not it's just not worth it.

:exactly: For the price they charge quality should be great not more issues.:slap

the word garbage is being repeatedly associated with this piece on their FB page, lols
just check the members posting section, might have to scroll down a but , cant put up a direct link..

Chris

From what I could on mine before I returned it, was that the factory placed the pin in the bow too high. It mounts at a different angle than what's shown on the proto. Just too many quality control issues on this one.

From what I could on mine before I returned it, was that the factory placed the pin in the bow too high. It mounts at a different angle than what's shown on the proto. Just too many quality control issues on this one.

I noticed that also. The bow is sitting to low in her hand on mine. The pin should have been sitting lower the bow.

My reasoning now is that after dealing with "customs" world for a few years. Little issues like this dont even compare, they arent that bad. The bow is to thick for her hands. I'm going to sand it down to make it thinner (as shown in the proto) and repaint it. Problem solved.

I like this piece and pose to much to return it for such a little issue. I loved the movie and wanted something great to represent it. I also ordered the 1:1 bust to go along with the LSF.

Chris

Hi,

I am very disappointed about Sideshow QC... as always...
In each new piece arrived at home, there are deffects...

Here are some pictures of my statue's problems :

i thinks with statue this large u can never really expect a 100% quality, , too much factors invloved like shipping , handling etc etc..

even if ur a painter urself , there are bound to be some defects or things which u might not notice , but others might and not be happy

Back