Left 4 Dead 3 Confirmed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/06/l4d3-confirmed-during-valve-office-tour

A quick summary of the video if you're too lazy to watch it.

A keen eyed Dota player touring the office as part of the international tournament took a photo of a monitor running a change log that listed Left 4 Dead 3, Half Life 3 and a log regarding a "Steam Box".

The log reads: "Restored L4D3's devtest unit test."

Thoughts? I'm not going to get too excited because Value knows only 1 and 2 but not sure what else the log would mean. Unless if they're using "L4D3" as a code for another project.

L4D3-610x406.jpg

L4D3-zoomed-in-610x343.jpg

256112-79qT8VY-DsBKNCj6.jpg

Sure hope so. I love the series. Would love to see a bigger open world and would be cool if you start up on your own and have to find the others. Maybe we'll see this also on the next gen systems ?

I hope it's Half-Life 3 disguised with L4D3's name, lol... I don't see how L4D3 would come before HL3 seeing as the actress who's Alyx started mo-cap nearly a year ago... unless they're doing both. D:

the game Doom has files called doom3 doom4 ect...

this mean nothing:thud:

Did they add an ads to part 2? It still feels weird to me to play an fps without it now.

Well Source Engine 2 is finished guys. Gabe himself confirmed that to DOTA players on a Valve tour during Gabe's b-day.

He also said they were just waiting for a good game to role out on it and show off the engine.

Maybe that will be LFD3. HL3 seems like the obvious choice since HL started it all and HL2 more or less premeired the Source engine but if you've ever read the 25 page article on the making of HL2 you know Gabe learned his lesson from that debacle, the delays, the theft, and isn't going to announce HL3 until it's absolutely ready to go.

Back