LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ORDER DEADLINE ALMOST UP 4/27 - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corros

Got all but a few of the kits packed up to go out tomorrow morning, will post tracking numbers. As for the 4 assembled and finished boxes I got all 8 halves prepped for primer, cleaning each one with isopropyl alcohol (recommended on all of the kits before priming). Tomorrow night I'll get the assembled orders primed to paint!

Re: ORDER DEADLINE ALMOST UP 4/27 - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corros

Got all but a few of the kits packed up to go out tomorrow morning, will post tracking numbers. As for the 4 assembled and finished boxes I got all 8 halves prepped for primer, cleaning each one with isopropyl alcohol (recommended on all of the kits before priming). Tomorrow night I'll get the assembled orders primed to paint!

Hot Damn! I had no real idea what I was getting into ordering this piece and I'm so glad it has gone way beyond what ever I could have expected! Dare I say this might even upshow my Dexter custom figure itself! Whoa! Truly amazing work that just looks like official production pieces! Incredible! :clap

The ones I was able to get shipped out have tracking numbers updated on page 1, International orders (unless you contacted me about priority shipping) could not be given tracking numbers without going Priority or better, (priority ranged an extra $20+ extra in most cases) so I provided you with the Declaration numbers.

As you start receiving these kits, please PM me so I know they arrived safely.

Some general reminders about these kits as you start to build:

- Some of the assembly halves have a thin layer of oily residue in spots, this is NORMAL and is part of the printing process. All you need is some isoporyl rubbing alcohol, qtips and about 3-4 minutes to clean up the halves.

- Do NOT use the tiny nails that come with the hinge sets, you risk splitting the plastic. I superglued mine on. Attach hinges to the cleaned up model halves BEFORE priming. You need the hinges to stick to the model, not to the paint.

- The front latch, and tray bottom on the bottom half are the thinnest pieces of the model. My wife and I both inspected each piece before shipping, so please handle carefully when you are working on your kit. It goes without saying that if you drop the tray bottom onto the latch, it's going to break off. If you are careful when handling and displaying there will be no issues.

- Each kit contains 3 decals for the under-lid, you obviously only need 1, but I included extras in case one gets lost, bent etc. Even though these decals have a sticky back, I would still recommend just supergluing them under the lid.

- Do NOT use enamel primer for these kits. The space where the slides slot in is a snug fit for the slides. If you gum up these slots with excess paint, the slides will NOT fit. I painted this area with 1-2 THIN coats of airbrush paint. I included a page in your kit with the primer I used, I highly recommend it, the pigment is incredibly fine. What I recommend: https://www.megahobby.com/whitefinesurfaceprimerspraycantamiya.aspx

- I based the number of slides off of the prop I have, which has 46 slides. Each kit has a bag of 50 painted slides, and a second bag of 20. That's 24 extra painted slides. I did this because even with machine cutting there is always a chance of stock, or blade slippage, meaning a slide or 2 could be a fraction too wide or short. The extras are there to give you enough to make sure you have enough that are fits.

- Slides are a snug fit, I went this direction because I didn't want slides falling out if the box turned over. Insert slides with ease to avoid snapping off a channel wall. I found a thing at Hobby Lobby for about $10 that was a 2x magnifying glass with an LED light attached to tweezers, this made putting my slides in cake. This thing is fantastic: https://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/led-lighted-tweezers-and-magnifier-516195/

All in all I assembled and finished my prototype in a couple of evenings after work, if I can do it, anyone can. Just take your time.

I have worked extremely hard to make this as great as I could, if I forgot to include anything in your kit, or you are having any issues with building, just PM me. I have a 100% ebay feedback and all good feedback scores on these boards, I'm over communicative and I will work with you to figure things out. My reputation on these boards is more important to me than the cash, I want folks to be happy, and I want to have continued success on my next projects.

Please simply contact me first with any issues before posting them on the thread.

I hope you guys enjoy these as they arrive, and I will continue to post updates on the rest of the orders I need to ship including updates on the painted/assembled kits I am working on.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

alb04.jpg

By corrose

Wow you have outdone yourself my friend :clap

Can’t wait, can’t wait :panic:

Re: Kit Photos - Page 15 - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

I know I've said this before but 'Holy Crap'!! You really went above and beyond. Can't wait till Monday. I will look forward to your next project.

To be honest, I kinda wish now I would've gotten two. . . I want to keep one mint in package!! hahaha

Super bummed I fell short on funds and missed out on this run! :(

Those kits look KILLER. Cant wait to see everyones finished boxes!!

Super bummed I fell short on funds and missed out on this run! :(

Those kits look KILLER. Cant wait to see everyones finished boxes!!

Same here! By a day. :( I so regret not being able to get this. Absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see what projects will come next!

Rest of the kits have been shipped as of this morning.
Last night I was able to get the hinges attached and primed 3 of the 4 finished sets. Probably will get some done tonight, but the bulk of the work on these will be over the weekend. Stay tuned for details.

Damnnnnnnnn Corrose. Beautiful work of art you did here. These kits and packing are jaw dropping. You easily could have taken payment and no one would have even thought to ask for a Tin and all the extras but you did it anyway. Truly admirable.

All 4 painted/assembled kits hinged, primed and primary colors done, I built up a nice subtle 2 tone of the brown/orange and I think it looks great, will probably tackle the inner trays tomorrow!

All kits have been sent, US crowd may start receiving early this week, please let me know once you have gotten yours so I can check you off the list.

I made a ton of headway on the painted kits. All are around 80% finished, one is almost 100%. I'll PM you guys photos before they go out that ordered them.

I was shooting for this week to have everything wrapped up, so stay tuned!

Cannot wait to add this very important piece of Dex to my display :bow

Honestly Chris?.......

I ____ing love it! :rock

The paint matches the wood perfectly, and every intricate detail I can see in those pics is dead on.

Last edited:

Same here Chris. I could not be happier! Absolutely love the way it came out. It's looks 1/1. And that's definitely an accomplishment. :exactly:

got the slide box...AWESOME packaging and even greater craftmanship!!!!...i plan on displaying everytrhing in my dexter display...THANK you so much for the visual goodyness your custom provides...:).....you thinking about any other dexter tid bits?!?!...if so...please put me down as FIRST!!!...:)

I think I'm tackling a Breaking Bad project next, already in the works, you guys will love the packaging! And then after Im probably circling back to Dex with the Trinity Urn and Trinity Hammer. The urn is 95% modeled, thanks to Dark Passenger for providing photo reference and specs awhile back!

Thanks for the kind words!

Received my kit yesterday and I have to agree that the packaging is fantastic! Dont even want to open the damn thing now.

How about Dexter's kill knives along with the holder? That'd be sick!

Whats the Breaking Bad project????

Considering the knives, but that would be down the road.
The BB project I want to make sure I'm 150% happy with the prototypes before announcing it, but it should be something I can preview here pretty soon!

Back