LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kit Photos - Page 15 - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

Something as simple as Walt's glasses would be great! Thats the one piece that im missing for my custom.
A briefcase full of money would be pretty cool.

I received my set today and it is so awesome, I too do not want to open it.

I was in the same boat, didn't want to cut open the evidence bag. . . bu-u-u-u-t I figured I kinda had to. :wink1:

Just got some of the Tundra ACI pants in the mail the other day too, heck at this rate I might get my bash done sometime this year. I've been sitting on Kato's shirt for nearly a year now anyways.

Either way, any other Dexter parts from you gets me an automatic sign-up on the interest list. This thing is too cool, I was trying to put all the slides in the box last night. Question though, is it possible to rub the 'blood' off the slides?? I was trying to touch the slides on the sides to not rub off the blood, but that was proving to be quite difficult, I might have to pull out the tweezers.

The paint could lighten up if handled directly too much, I recommend these for $10 at Hobby Lobby, they are FANTASTIC and have a LED light.
This is an item they carry in-stock if you don't want to order and have to wait 6 days.

screenshot20120515at120.jpg

By corrose at 2012-05-15

I was having trouble putting the slides in myself they seem like they are slightly larger than the spaces, hopefully I don't mess it up trying to get them to fit.

I was having trouble putting the slides in myself they seem like they are slightly larger than the spaces, hopefully I don't mess it up trying to get them to fit.

Out of the 46 slides and 24 extras included, you might have 5-6 that are too wide or a hair too tall/short, that was why I included extras, however, I did size them so that they don't just fall out loosely. But obviously if you end up with too many that are being troublesome, PM me, I'll work with you to get you what you need.

On my prototype I had the slides not as wide and if I barely bumped the box the slides flew out all over the place. You should be able to CAREFULLY line up each one into the slot on both sides, and using your fingertip push it down the rest of the way, it's a snug-ish fit, as a matter of fact the last couple of assembled boxes I did I can turn them upside down and maybe 1 or 2 might come loose. If you try to put the slides in at an angle, it will in fact feel like they are too wide, you pretty much have to go straight down, as much as possible.

It is possible to strip out one of the channels, because the walls of the channels are so thin, so I can just recommend to take your time, and don't rush it. Also the more layers of paint you use for the tray, the more those channels will gum up, I airbrushed 2-3 layers of paint, just enough for coverage.

Also, when you are pushing the slides down into the channels, have your other fingertip on the bottom as a brace. You can tell that the bottom wall is SUPER DUPER thin, it would be possible to bust this wall out if you put too much force.

At the end of the day it's no hot toys piece that can take a beating, it's a garage kit and should be handled pretty carefully due to some of the thin parts and pieces.

Hope my ramblings make sense :)

Also I wouldn't recommend trying to put all the slides in before painting it, you don't want to inadvertently put wear and tear on the channel walls
early and weaken then before putting them in for the final time when its done.

Stuck at work...looking at your badass pics....must get home...play...with mine...

Chris, you've outdone yourself my friend! This is one incredible accessory...it has brought a new level of enjoyment to my Dexter :bow

Thank you for putting this beautiful piece together!

_MG_5925.jpg

_MG_5922-1.jpg

_MG_5921.jpg

You photoshopping bastard! That looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Am I gonna steal that pose.......maybe? :monkey3

I got one for that ass!

Chris, you've outdone yourself my friend! This is one incredible accessory...it has brought a new level of enjoyment to my Dexter :bow

Thank you for putting this beautiful piece together!
_MG_5921.jpg

Awesome! Fantastic pose and pics, Marf! I can't wait to get mine in! Too cool! :clap

Wow, thanks for the continued kind words, it means a lot that you guys are happy with your orders!

Which hands are those by the way? I never got around to replacing the Joker hands on mine, and your photos are making me want to!

I think it's OC Batman palms.

OC? Guess I'm not catching the reference?
Riddick, your 3 kits arrive safely?

OC? Guess I'm not catching the reference?
Riddick, your 3 kits arrive safely?

I think they mean Original Costume Batman. I was thinking Orange County at first, but I think Batman would be depressed living in the OC! :lol

Which hands are those by the way? I never got around to replacing the Joker hands on mine, and your photos are making me want to!

I think they mean Original Costume Batman. I was thinking Orange County at first, but I think Batman would be depressed living in the OC! :lol

Yep, emarae's got it! :exactly:

And you're right, Batman would have nothing to do in OC besides babysit wannabe gangster douchebags :lol

Got mine the other day and it's fantastic! I can't wait to work on it. Thanks! :clap

Back