Lando Calrissian 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally not disputing that SS has grown leaps and bounds in the last year, and I'm relieved to see that Lando is great since I just recently feel a decent SW collection is coming together because with the Han and Luke stormtrooper heads on truetype bodies with the ANH outfits, we finally have representations of the two cornerstone characters actually worth displaying.

However what I wanted to talk about was Leia. I think she's super underrated. That is a damn good likeness I must say. sure the dress is a bit bad but her head is great, might try her on one of the new female tt to see if it helps her out a bit but overall she's worthy of display IMO.

Other than the Luke and Han tt amalgamations, darth vader, AOTC Obi, Old Ben, stormtrooper... that's about it, there are not really any other SS figures worth displaying. This is my personal opinion only of course, some come close but they just look so weak in comparison to the HT offerings.

In fact only those and Medicom Boba Fett and Yoda encompass my 12 inch Star Wars collection. I love SW but I own every 3 inch star wars figure known to man so i have no real desire to expand my 12 inch star wars collection personally. Like it could be the coolest looking thing in the world but I'd never pay close to a hundred dollars for a Nien Numb or something like that. But of course like everyone else i would like Chewie and the droids. And ROTJ Palpatine would be nice too. I also hope they do a new Jedi Luke too, id get that as well.

Does anyone else think Lando might have too big a head? I might actually try and swap him on one of the old black truetypes but sanded down a bit to se if it improves his proportions.

Here hair buns are too small, the head flesh tone is too yellow and the hands don't match. She is decent, but not great.

Mine arrived, but has a scratch on his face :monkey2 So now I'm seeing about getting a replacement.

I've had really bad luck lately... about 2/3 of the figures I've received (Sideshow and Hot Toys) have had to be exchanged due to QC issues

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Mine arrived, but has a scratch on his face :monkey2 So now I'm seeing about getting a replacement.

I've had really bad luck lately... about 2/3 of the figures I've received (Sideshow and Hot Toys) have had to be exchanged due to QC issues

I had the same problem with scratches on the chin and both sides of the head on his hair. It sounds like a few of us have had paint issues with this one.

I had the same problem with scratches on the chin and both sides of the head on his hair. It sounds like a few of us have had paint issues with this one.

Bummer... yeah, its not terrible, but because the underlying sculpt has a pinkish color it looks really bad when its showing through his skin tone.

I got my Lando
And you ain't got one
Cuz you are on da welfare

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

:lol

(Lando is the first figure since Vader that I didn't have to cancel, and Vader was the first figure I was able to afford all year.)

Last edited:
Got my UPS shipping info so I can send Lando back... so in a couple weeks I'll have him again, hopefully w/o a paint problem.

I got my Lando
And you ain't got one
Cuz you are on da welfare

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

:lol

(Lando is the first figure since Vader that I didn't have to cancel, and Vader was the first figure I was able to afford all year.)

But your momma is an alcohooooooooooolic,
an alcohooooooooolic, an alcohooooooooolic...
:p

Got it today, think it's pretty great overall, a few things that bother me...

1) Promethius. I think it might be proportionally the best choice, though I did try a slim truetype and did not like the fit of the pants although I did like the fact it made his head look a lot less big. Quality wise though it's junk. Very loose and flimsy.
2) Cape: love the cape itself jist wish there wasa way for it to hook onto him more securely rather than just sitting on there
3) non-shiny boots, no matter, a quick gloss coat
4) frumpled clothes, but just some ironing and steaming helps a lot
5) No socks. What??

think his head is a tad big but the black skinny TT would only make this worse. I wish there was a black slim shoulder TT it would be perfect for this.

Overall Lando is great tho!

Got it today, think it's pretty great overall, a few things that bother me...

1) Promethius. I think it might be proportionally the best choice, though I did try a slim truetype and did not like the fit of the pants although I did like the fact it made his head look a lot less big. Quality wise though it's junk. Very loose and flimsy.
2) Cape: love the cape itself jist wish there wasa way for it to hook onto him more securely rather than just sitting on there
3) non-shiny boots, no matter, a quick gloss coat
4) frumpled clothes, but just some ironing and steaming helps a lot
5) No socks. What??

think his head is a tad big but the black skinny TT would only make this worse. I wish there was a black slim shoulder TT it would be perfect for this.

Overall Lando is great tho!

post your pics after you pose him! :banana:banana

This figure rules. The sculpt and paint are as good as Ben Kenobi and Palpatine. The costume is simple, but well tailored, and the detail in the cape lining is excellent. The exclusive mic is well done too.

My only complaint is that it's not on the Buck. It would have had a sculpted neck, and it would have been in proportion to not only Han and Luke, but also his own head. One thing that most concerned me when it became clear that the Prometheus body was smaller than the Buck was that the heads would also be smaller. Thankfully, that never happened. The heads are still in scale with each other, but I think if it weren't for the cape, his head would seem much too big on the Pro. Buck would have been perfect.

Still, this is the best human figure in a long time. Here's hoping Hoth Leia compares.

Back