Lando Calrissian 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks EVILFACE and MaulFan!

Wild, huh? :lol

Hey, I'm a photographer, I don't have to be good with words :lol

I don't know how to say it, I just find sometimes classy can also be somewhat boring, but your displays mix classy with something that makes them more interesting and exciting to see, but without losing the class.

Hey, I'm a photographer, I don't have to be good with words :lol

I don't know how to say it, I just find sometimes classy can also be somewhat boring, but your displays mix classy with something that makes them more interesting and exciting to see, but without losing the class.

:lol

I would have never got that from "wild".:lol Thank you, sir. :rock

Hey, I'm a photographer...

Smile.... you son-of-a-- click!

Indoor_Paparazzi_Superstar_ID_by_contains_mild_peril.jpg

I thought everything is great about the figure, except the neck.:(

Anyway I can't wait for mine to arrive.:emperor

Damn man it sucks a lot that there are paint rubs on some Lando's head. It makes me happy with mine despite the loose joints :( Oh Sideshow...

Yeah mine had the paint marks on the left side of the head too - minor but annoying. My bigger issue is getting him to stand on those pimp daddy cowboy boots minus the stand...

Don't know if mine had the rubs on his hair, but there was a scratch on his cheek. I'm gonna drop him off with UPS today... meant to do it earlier, but kept forgetting to take him to work with me.

While I'm happy to see some improvements with the new body and all... I still wish Sideshow would return to fully sculpted necks. I really don't care for the current look, and while you loose articulation I think its a trade-off I'm willing to accept.

I agree with you Gboy. I prefer the old style neck.. especially on characters where the neck is highly visible.

While I'm happy to see some improvements with the new body and all... I still wish Sideshow would return to fully sculpted necks. I really don't care for the current look, and while you loose articulation I think its a trade-off I'm willing to accept.

It needs to be handled with balance. Someone like Han or ESB/ROTJ Luke or Darth Maul, the jointed neck can had some great posability, someone like Lando or Piett or Tarkin where posability might be fun but not necessary to represent the character as they behaved on screen, then I feel sculpted necks for the sake of appearances would be more ideal. Especially older characters where defining features of the face include the transition into the neck. Look at Old Ben as example, he's even got sculpt work running from his neck into his chin that helps sell his age. Tarkin could use that, ROTJ Emperor definitely could use that, the Emperor with a jointed neck would be a weak looking figure.

Anybody will replace the Pro with an AA TT?

Unless the joints were loose, I don't think there's anything really to gain, the AA TT is a slim one, so the build and height would be pretty similar. I had one on order until I could see how Lando's Pro turned out, but the joints are fine so I cancelled.

Unless the joints were loose, I don't think there's anything really to gain, the AA TT is a slim one, so the build and height would be pretty similar. I had one on order until I could see how Lando's Pro turned out, but the joints are fine so I cancelled.

For me it's not the joints but the build the Pro has... looks weird IMO,
Specially the shoulders and the torso...
I might try both on a regular AA TT and the Slim AA, and see which one looks better I guess...

Regular AA TT could look good, but I'm not aware of them putting out anything new but the slim in that skintone, might cost a bit to get a regular one if you don't already have it, if you find a cheap source for AA TT's besides the slim though, do share, I might consider throwing Mace Windu on one.

It needs to be handled with balance. Someone like Han or ESB/ROTJ Luke or Darth Maul, the jointed neck can had some great posability, someone like Lando or Piett or Tarkin where posability might be fun but not necessary to represent the character as they behaved on screen, then I feel sculpted necks for the sake of appearances would be more ideal. Especially older characters where defining features of the face include the transition into the neck. Look at Old Ben as example, he's even got sculpt work running from his neck into his chin that helps sell his age. Tarkin could use that, ROTJ Emperor definitely could use that, the Emperor with a jointed neck would be a weak looking figure.

The other choice is to add more sculpted details to the standard neck. Rather than just leaving it smooth and doll like, add some texture and make it look like a real neck. Won't completely fix the issue, but make it a less noticeable one on figures with this style of articulation.

The other choice is to add more sculpted details to the standard neck. Rather than just leaving it smooth and doll like, add some texture and make it look like a real neck. Won't completely fix the issue, but make it a less noticeable one on figures with this style of articulation.

Yeah, that's one thing that takes HT figures down a peg when they're made this way, you get these nice portraits but the sharp contrast from head to neck really kills the effect. If they could even just get the plastic to look more matte in finish that'd help. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but I believe the armor body may be more matte overall, not the neck, but the body itself.

just got a Lando figure. i'm impressed. he looks great. had a small paint rub on his head, but i touched it up myself. here's a couple out of box pics. i'll have to futz him later.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

Back