Lager Toys 1:1 Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please take no offense.......but looking at that shield then glancing over at my Lager..................No comparison........not even the slightest........

20150319_161926_zpsy5log9rg.jpg

too glossy not spun looking......LMFAO.......best shield ever.

Gonna catch some hate.........but here I go. eFx paint looks like a kid colored it with Crayolas, KA paint looks like a Macco job lol, Lager looks like high end candy paint job. Just speaking the truth......Hate away.

Lager toys definitely has the best shield of the 3...just not sure I want to risk the overseas shipping

Gonna catch some hate.........but here I go. eFx paint looks like a kid colored it with Crayolas, KA paint looks like a Macco job lol, Lager looks like high end candy paint job. Just speaking the truth......Hate away.

You forgot Lager is unlicensed knockoff :lol

All kidding aside the 3 shields all have their pro's and con's; and the reality is that all 3 look spectacular in their own way. The EFX in its screen accuracy and how well it photographs as a result, the KA for its idealized look and display options and the Lager for highlighting all the most ascetically appealing aspects of shields face over the first three films and amalgamating them into one.

Having said all that, and I should probably post this in the KA and EFX threads as well before moving on from the topic for good, these will not be last shields out there. This is just the beginning as the demand is now tangible for all the companies out there, with and without licenses.

The success and demand of these shields guarantees shields from Age of Ultron and Civil War. Not to mention I believe 'someone' has a license for The First Avenger' shields as every licensee has kind of gone out of their way to stipulate that they do not have the license to make the shield from that film.

If none of these shields is "perfect" in your eye then there will be one that is down the road.

All kidding aside the 3 shields all have their pro's and con's; and the reality is that all 3 look spectacular in their own way. The EFX in its screen accuracy and how well it photographs as a result, the KA for its idealized look and display options and the Lager for highlighting all the most ascetically appealing aspects of shields face over the first three films and amalgamating them into one.

That's very well said. After going back and forth across all three threads it is very apparent that those that own the ones they own are going to have a affinity for their product. They all do have something for eveyone that if x is something you want in a shield then you should most likely buy y shield.

The other thing to take into consideration is customizing the shields as well. I was looking through pics of caps shield and with the Lager or the KA shield it would be pretty easy to get some industrial paint striper and start fresh since they are metal and get the finish you really want.

Stripping the shield would not cost a bunch of money and get you a nice clean canvas to color however you like. The straps can also be replaced for quite cheap. A quick search will find dozens of 1 1/2 inch leather strap to be improved for whatever existing shield you have for less than $30 bucks. The rivots are cheap on all 3 shields and can be popped easily to remove the straps. So that is another low cost mod to get it into cosplay shape for those that want to be a little tough on the shields.

My guess is for roughly $100 or less a person can get these metal shields to look just as good as a Chris Fields shield. The mold and metal finish is not at question, the lager and KA shields themselves are great. The hard part is getting the right shades and gloss that a individual wants their shield to be. A paint fab shop could definitely help to match the appearance you would want.

Cap shields to me are so highly preferential, there will never be one size fits all. It's either customize one to what you want and are looking for or settle for something that is close.

I wouldn't even think about stripping my Lager, the colors are exactly how I want them. Eye candy excellence.

Last edited:

The problem with the EFX shield is if you want to use it as Cosplay or carry it around often,it won't hold up...the screws are prone to stripping from the Fiberglass
It's more of a display piece then actually carrying it around

there has been reports of the screws coming out of the Fiberglass from handling

The problem with the EFX shield is if you want to use it as Cosplay or carry it around often,it won't hold up...the screws are prone to stripping from the Fiberglass
It's more of a display piece then actually carrying it around

there has been reports of the screws coming out of the Fiberglass from handling

The EFX is a art piece, a prop. It is made to display with the rest of their pieces. Anyone slinging around Fiberglass and metal bonded together is just asking for trouble.

The EFX is a art piece. It is made to display with the rest of their pieces. Anyone slinging around Fiberglass and metal bonded together is just asking for trouble.

for $600, I expect to be able to hold it and last without breaking

Toycrypt we get you love your shield, but being you the only one who keeps bumping it and claiming it as the best isn't very solidifying. You're like the only one on this thread so far that keeps bumping it day after day "LAGER SHIELD THE BEST, REST TOYS"
We get your opinion, and grateful for that. But please, it's WAY TO EXCESSIVE. There's already 5 pages of you letting us know that

I, for one, appreciate all the pictures Toycrypt has been posting. He is the only guy giving feedback on those shields here in the western side.

I think everyone would agree that it is very helpful. Its the cult like reaction of blasting the same pictures over and over for consecutive pages every time a differing opinion is made.:lol

Its ok to love your purchase and that's all any of us want to do when you spend $600+ on a shield. But its not like his pictures are changing such as Light vs Dark or inside/outside. Its the exact pics shoved down thread reader's throats.

Those last BD upclose pics though were very helpful for me to validate what I think is a shoddy BD finish. Sandpaper scratching, overdone airbrush outlines around every sandpaper mark and some kind of yellow stain that resembles body fluid mixed on a black wash.

Not being overly harsh I do not believe. If you are going to go on a public forum and post pics, one must be prepared to receive critique good and bad.

Back