L.A. Noire from Rockstar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the video, but it left me wondering about something. Did they have fingerprinting back then? Because a lot of the videos show Cole handling key pieces of evidence with his bare hands.

I watched the video, but it left me wondering about something. Did they have fingerprinting back then? Because a lot of the videos show Cole handling key pieces of evidence with his bare hands.

I noticed that as well. I believe they did have the tech.

I just thought it seemed odd for a game that's really pushing it's authenticity as a marketing tool to have such a (possibly) big error.

I noticed that as well. I believe they did have the tech.

indeed

In the United States, Dr Henry P. DeForrest used fingerprinting in the New York Civil Service in 1902, and by 1906, New York City Police Department Deputy Commissioner Joseph A. Faurot, an expert in the Bertillon system and a finger print advocate at Police Headquarters, introduced the fingerprinting of criminals to the United States.

The Scheffer case of 1902 is the first case of the identification, arrest and conviction of a murderer based upon fingerprint evidence. Alphonse Bertillon identified the thief and murderer Scheffer, who had previously been arrested and his fingerprints filed some months before, from the fingerprints found on a fractured glass showcase, after a theft in a dentist's apartment where the dentist's employee was found dead. It was able to be proved in Court that the fingerprints had been made after the showcase was broken.[53] A year later, Alphonse Bertillon created a method of getting fingerprints off smooth surfaces and took a further step in the advance of dactyloscopy.

Got my email from Gamestop to pay it off by 10pm, which I assume is their veiled attempt at thinking the midnight release will happen early, when it wont!

LOL

All the RDR pre-order DLC was supposed to go up (for free, I believe) the week PSN went down.

Rockstar apologized for the delay, so it's assumed that the LA Noire DLC will be up much, much sooner.

is it me or the video, but the graphics look like they suck. everything is very plain and not much texture. the vehicles and enviroment didn't look that great. the facial animation was awesome though. might give it a rent after it comes out.

l hope a slow paced game like this doesn't get boring.

All the RDR pre-order DLC was supposed to go up (for free, I believe) the week PSN went down.

Rockstar apologized for the delay, so it's assumed that the LA Noire DLC will be up much, much sooner.

Cool, just started playing RDR again and was hoping I'd be able to get the Warhorse eventually :)

I work at Walmart, so I'll be picking up a preorder at Gamestop and then hopefully we'll have the pre-order codes available so I can just take one home with me too. All I REALLY care about are the cases, the rest I can wait on.

is it me or the video, but the graphics look like they suck. everything is very plain and not much texture. the vehicles and enviroment didn't look that great. the facial animation was awesome though. might give it a rent after it comes out.

l hope a slow paced game like this doesn't get boring.

You trollin?

:slap

I work at Walmart, so I'll be picking up a preorder at Gamestop and then hopefully we'll have the pre-order codes available so I can just take one home with me too. All I REALLY care about are the cases, the rest I can wait on.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you more than likely won't be able to get the DLC. I haven't checked myself but the PSN Store isn't up, and you need to redeem the DLC codes there.

So until they get the PSN Store back online we're still going to be DLC-less.

I suggest that people interested in playing not read the IGN review.
Hillary Goldstein (****** reviewer extraordinaire) gives no warning on spoilers involving the main character. Jerk.

Last edited:
I suggest that people interested in playing not read the IGN interview.
Hillary Goldstein (****** reviewer extraordinaire) gives no warning on spoilers involving the main character. Jerk.

Thanks for the heads up Rex, sincerely appreciate it :duff

EDIT: 9.0 from Gamespot :yess:

Last edited:
Back