L.A. Noire from Rockstar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the IGN and Giant Bomb reviews claim that the PS3 version performs better than the 360. Just an FYI for those who are deciding between the two platforms (like I was).

Brad Shoemaker said:
Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online).

https://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/reviews/

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that both Toys R Us, Amazon and Best Buy are offering $15 gift cards with the purchase of LA Noire.

Kmart is giving a $20 off coupon as well as a free game of choice $19.99 or under.

I think I know where I'll get my copy tomorrow, even though I'd miss out on a piece of DLC exclusive to other retailers.

I know plenty kid. Was gaming when you were not even in diapers. High ignorance in your posts.

I know plenty kid. Was gaming when you were not even in diapers. High ignorance in your posts.

and you must take video games way to seriously then. how is what l said ignorance. the graphics aren't mind blowing. they do look flat and not extremly detailed. the faces on the other hand are great. the game trailer videos look better then the actual gameplay. l just stated the obvious. didnt bash the game at all. l said l was going to give it a rent.:cuckoo:

I suggest that people interested in playing not read the IGN interview.
Hillary Goldstein (****** reviewer extraordinaire) gives no warning on spoilers involving the main character. Jerk.

Yeah. Avoid this IgN review at all costs... He gave away quite a few spoilers by pointing out which side characters characters were involved in plot twists.
:mad:

I'm going to avoid reading gold steins reviews in the future.

If someone buys the Rockstar Pass then can you tell me whats included in it...no one has confirmed yet whats definatley going to be in it and I wanted to know...thanks !

Just picked up the ps3 version from gamestop....will play for about an hour tonight, but saving this one for wed night mostly

Packaging looks snazzy. Love the cover art

Yeah. Avoid this IgN review at all costs... He gave away quite a few spoilers by pointing out which side characters characters were involved in plot twists.
:mad:

I'm going to avoid reading gold steins reviews in the future.

My complaint was the background info on Cole, the main character.
Too much info on the WW2 days.

Back