Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strong enough that you can work it but I straighten it first then pick my end point and go from there.

Few tips for anyone that wants any.

Use the under pieces to push out the outer. I've used some to protrude out from under the outer robe and the parts that would naturally not show I use them as place holders for the outside if that makes sense.

Another think is I used the landscape of the base to serve as a holder as well.

There are no rules to doing this. I'm not a professional but I think like an artist as I am a designer. Not everyone can see what they want even if they know what they want.

I am aiming for the spin look so one side is flaring back as the other is sweeping forward. I'll take some behind the scene pix if anyone is interested in how I'm am doing it. I would love to help but again I'm just like you guys a regular collector not a Sideshow poser.

I've got a ways to go to finish just the bottom.

Will he fit in a Besta with his lightsaber and allow you to close the glass door?

Yes! if placed totall to the right.. see:

20170407_235113_zpslbcexalx.jpg

Does the lightsaber light up?

No but it looks better than most that do. They sculpted it to look all wild and out of control and it even has shades of white to balance out the red to give it that ignited effect.

Just curious if the EX lightsaber not fitting into the hilt is an issue that everyone is having? I tried forcing it a bit but stopped short since I was scared to scratch the hilt. This should have been a magnet...

I held the belt with 2 fingers on one hand so it does not move, and pushed the hilt in with my other hand. It works for me.

Ya I got the ex saber in. It took quite a bit of force. At this point probably not going to bother taking it off even though I'm not using the ex fist. I don't want to risk breaking it if I don't have to.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ok I think I'm 90% done with the robe. There are just a few curves that need work but overall it's looking just like his spun around.

I did a little on the hood and upper piece but have an idea how to keep the upper piece looking like it's flying out. I pulled the head cover to the side a tad but I'm not quite sure it needs to be anything but straight just yet. You know, having it pushed to the side slightly may not ad to the motion look but I take pix of each step to compare.

The shelf will not likely be his permanent home. It's just sort of eye level and empty at the moment so many things I do happen there.

Soon I have him finished. I have an extra thing to go with him but I will have to turn him sideways a little since it goes with him. Hate to lose the robe effect but this may be far cooler looking.

Sorry for that double vision going on with his legs lol it's just the shadow.
IMG_2927.jpgIMG_2932.jpgIMG_2933.jpgIMG_2934.jpgIMG_2935.jpgIMG_2936.jpg

Ok I think I'm 90% done with the robe. There are just a few curves that need work but overall it's looking just like his spun around.

I did a little on the hood and upper piece but have an idea how to keep the upper piece looking like it's flying out. I pulled the head cover to the side a tad but I'm not quite sure it needs to be anything but straight just yet. You know, having it pushed to the side slightly may not ad to the motion look but I take pix of each step to compare.

The shelf will not likely be his permanent home. It's just sort of eye level and empty at the moment so many things I do happen there.

Soon I have him finished. I have an extra thing to go with him but I will have to turn him sideways a little since it goes with him. Hate to lose the robe effect but this may be far cooler looking.

That effect is fantastic! Looking forward to getting mine in and giving it a "whirl"! :clap

View attachment 336713View attachment 336717View attachment 336718View attachment 336719View attachment 336720View attachment 336721

that looks great!!

Even though the price of this still makes me Bork, I am tempted to sell my Boba Fett PF (the new...old one) and buy this, it turned out really nice.

I need to find tubs it. It's sweeping in 2 different directions with 2 different effects. The one going back is low flowing while the one coming forward is flaring out.

The black color semi hides its own design and curves. Once it's done all the way I'll see about better lighting for pix. It's good lighting for display but it doesn't transfer well on pix. My point is that it's a look I'm not just flipping it all out it is a clear effort for him spinning around to stop a blaster bolt.

I'm pretty happy so far... now about that bolt heh heh that will ad to the motion.

Back