Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That shipping seems very high even for international, this will be a relatively small and light PF.

I know, I questioned it over in the ask sideshow section on SF. Basically we were told this is just how it is now. Adjustments were made for some countries apparently but it has always been $90 to the UK. I don't understand how either given how Kylo is relatively small and light. The combination of VAT, painful shipping increases, and base prices rising dramatically has essentially ended this hobby for many I fear, me included. I'll be buying far fewer items now. I wouldn't mind if Kylo at least offered value on the surface, but I still can't see it as nice as it is. Bad times.

Gotta echo that sentiment, that VAT is crazy, jeezes sorry to all the overseas collectors ><;

$600 was already a hard pill to swallow

Here is what the price looks like if you order from France:

kylo.jpg

Yup. You read that right.

It's MUCH cheaper to buy the statue from a French or European dealer, but ofc they don't get the EX which is an issue for a lot of people obviously, and the only reason you would order from Sideshow in such case.

Of my most recent preorders the only statue I couldn't live without the EX is the SS Dark Phoenix.

I've learnt to accept that EX's just aren't in my future unless I pay a premium (usually).

Kind of a random question but I am obviously not going to open a new thread for this...

To put it simply, do you guys think Sideshow is going to pick up the pace now that we are getting a movie every year?

With only two TFA PF's available for pre-order more than 6 months post-release, and Rogue One coming at the end of the year with a slew of new characters, how is Sideshow going to handle it? They still have to make quite a few main and secondary characters from TFA (not to mention previous movies, they clearly aren't giving up on them with the recent Fett, Vader and Maul PF's), how will they manage? Also Episode VIII will be adding its fair share only one year later... Obviously Kylo Ren won't look exactly the same, that means a new PF, old Luke will be a must at that point, probably Snoke as well, Benicio Del Toro's character, etc...
Does it mean we will see a Death Trooper PF by 2020 for example?

Kind of a random question but I am obviously not going to open a new thread for this...

To put it simply, do you guys think Sideshow is going to pick up the pace now that we are getting a movie every year?

With only two TFA PF's available for pre-order more than 6 months post-release, and Rogue One coming at the end of the year with a slew of new characters, how is Sideshow going to handle it? They still have to make quite a few main and secondary characters from TFA (not to mention previous movies, they clearly aren't giving up on them with the recent Fett, Vader and Maul PF's), how will they manage? Also Episode VIII will be adding its fair share only one year later... Obviously Kylo Ren won't look exactly the same, that means a new PF, old Luke will be a must at that point, probably Snoke as well, Benicio Del Toro's character, etc...
Does it mean we will see a Death Trooper PF by 2020 for example?

SS definitely doesn't have the best track record when it comes to releasing pieces around the time of the movie. Take Kylo PF for example, I think he was announced a month ago, May. TFA was 5 months old at that point. With all the prep that goes into a piece, I doubt they've started on a single character from Rogue One. And if they announce a new OT character at some point, it just slows down things even further. I see them playing catch-up for a while on this.

SS definitely doesn't have the best track record when it comes to releasing pieces around the time of the movie. Take Kylo PF for example, I think he was announced a month ago, May. TFA was 5 months old at that point. With all the prep that goes into a piece, I doubt they've started on a single character from Rogue One. And if they announce a new OT character at some point, it just slows down things even further. I see them playing catch-up for a while on this.

Yes, that's what worries me.
I honestly don't understand why they can't do it like Hot Toys. Hot Toys handles a ton of licenses as well and they still manage. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a lot more complicated with high end statues, especially to get approval, but nowadays with 3D scans/files and all the technology involved, everything is much easier and faster.
I am not saying they should have 6 characters available for pre-order by the time the movie comes out, but those delays are absolutely insane, especially taking into account that pre-orders start at least a year before the actual release. By the time the Kylo Ren PF hits the shelves, we will probably have seen his new look for VIII (or maybe a few months later), how crazy is that?
I just don't know how they plan to handle things from now on with a movie every year, that's so much stuff that fans are going to expect but at that pace the statues will be released completely out of sync with the movies.
Rogue One is 6 months away and still not a single word about a Rey PF, a Finn PF or a Han Solo PF, all major players in the last movie. Not that I want to buy any of them honestly, but that still makes me worried for the characters I am interested in in the future.

Finally got around to doing some water treatment on Kylo, it made a big difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reg ES has gone up and isn't much higher than the EX... 2000. Probably not surprising given the feedback which is mostly good for the statue, not so for the price.

dont understand SSC... they could make more money with quantity if they offer the statues for less $

It is hard not to feel that way, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Oh well... One very cool statue I won't be getting, probably the first of many unless things change.

Despite the ridiculous price, I think the ES on this ensures that this piece will retain its value easily and ultimately be worth a lot more.

Just look at the recent Spider-Man PF. 2500 ES for the EX, 5000 ES for the regular. Both are a already selling for more than retail on eBay, yes even the regular. And it came out like 4 months ago.

Sure, Kylo Ren isn't at Spider-Man's level of popularity (yet) but that's only a 3500 total ES (vs 7500) for what's going to become the new main Star Wars villain.
Not to mention this is for sure the only high end Kylo Ren statue we are getting in the near future, the Spider-Man PF had a lot of competition due to previous pieces and the upcoming Iron Studios and XM statues. Not to mention the Symbiote version coming later this year.

This piece will be worth the investment, mark my words. Of course I don't buy to sell and never really care about ES, but I obviously feel better spending that kind of money now with a 3500 total ES for such a major character. PF's with lightsabers pretty much always end up being sought after due to Sideshow releasing so few of them and no other company having a similar offering. Now the day Prime1 decides to go for the Star Wars license... Different story.
Not defending Sideshow and their new prices, it's still way too expensive but yeah, you get my point :)

I have this coming and would disagree as far as it ever achieving a significant increase in the aftermarket. HT will reveal something that will likely be superior (light up saber, unmasked portrait, and maybe even the vader mask).

And we will get another ren from SS (likely with a light up saber) when the next movie hits.

Hot Toys aren't statues, a lot of statue collectors don't care at all about them even if they are covered from head to toe like Kylo Ren. They still look like dolls in most cases, the exception being Iron Man imo. I really don't think they have much influence over the value of a statue such as this on the aftermarket.

For now we don't know if the saber won't light up, we won't know for a while. It was clearly stated by Alex that light ups are implemented during the production phase whenever possible and especially on statues with a lightsaber. Yes, it's a bit trickier with Kylo's saber but that's still a good sign.

The next Kylo Ren PF for Episode VIII will most likely be released in 2020 at best if they follow the same pattern, I think this one is safe for a while :lol
3500 total is a low ES for a main Star Wars villain, it will be long sold out by then. And the new statue won't look the same anyway.

If it's a figure and gets called a man-doll, toy, etc, it doesn't bother me one bit. The thing will be displayed stationary in a glass case. If I can't see joint/seam lines and it looks superior and more accurate to it's statue counterpart, it will be on my shelf. :)

I can give several examples of where a figure came out on top of the statue in terms of accuracy, but we'll save that for a different thread.

Despite the ridiculous price, I think the ES on this ensures that this piece will retain its value easily and ultimately be worth a lot more.

Just look at the recent Spider-Man PF. 2500 ES for the EX, 5000 ES for the regular. Both are a already selling for more than retail on eBay, yes even the regular. And it came out like 4 months ago.

Sure, Kylo Ren isn't at Spider-Man's level of popularity (yet) but that's only a 3500 total ES (vs 7500) for what's going to become the new main Star Wars villain.
Not to mention this is for sure the only high end Kylo Ren statue we are getting in the near future, the Spider-Man PF had a lot of competition due to previous pieces and the upcoming Iron Studios and XM statues. Not to mention the Symbiote version coming later this year.

This piece will be worth the investment, mark my words. Of course I don't buy to sell and never really care about ES, but I obviously feel better spending that kind of money now with a 3500 total ES for such a major character. PF's with lightsabers pretty much always end up being sought after due to Sideshow releasing so few of them and no other company having a similar offering. Now the day Prime1 decides to go for the Star Wars license... Different story.
Not defending Sideshow and their new prices, it's still way too expensive but yeah, you get my point :)

I agree the SS spiderman will worth more only until xm, IA, and when prime1 gets to it. Then with lots of choices he will not be so much more in this case. :wink1: just look at batman from SS.

Back