Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the ridiculous price, I think the ES on this ensures that this piece will retain its value easily and ultimately be worth a lot more.

Retain... Maybe, it depends how the production pieces turn out. But I really wouldn't be sure about stuff like this gaining any value on the after market. They are being priced to match what the older and more popular stuff goes for now, and their higher ES numbers mean they are on sale much longer so everybody who wants one, will get one.

I love the look of this. If Kylo ends up being the massive bad@$$ in the upcoming films then I will be very happy I got this. He will go next to the new Vader PF.

If it's a figure and gets called a man-doll, toy, etc, it doesn't bother me one bit. The thing will be displayed stationary in a glass case. If I can't see joint/seam lines and it looks superior and more accurate to it's statue counterpart, it will be on my shelf. :)

I can give several examples of where a figure came out on top of the statue in terms of accuracy, but we'll save that for a different thread.

..he is right ! and thats why my HT Boba looks better then the SSC Boba... I dont care if its "a doll" because displayed it looks like a statue..

in the end, there are many more options out there.

some statue collectors may not like HT, but there are many that do (me included). So it will lessen the need for the SS version.

I do agree the edition size is kind of small given the apparent popularity of the character. That likely has more to do with the very high asking price...which I would argue suggests the threshold has been met in that regard.

Finally we have some pics of the HT Kylo Ren quarter scale
Though still waiting for how much articulation and poses he can do, as for now, the SS has a fantastic winning pose

P.S: This is the 1/4th and not the 1/6th, SS made an error and is now corrected in their video

KyloRen.jpg

HT16-sizzle-755-1.jpg

HT16-sizzle-f038-1.jpg

image.jpeg

HT16-sizzle-663-1.jpg

Still going for the PF. I like the blade better on the PF, whether it will light up or not, and overall this still looks like a big doll.
Unmasked portrait does nothing for me unfortunately, I don't want that face anywhere near my collection :lol
Maybe in VIII or IX when he adds some more dark side in there :lol

The melted Vader helmet is awesome though, maybe there will be a few for sale on eBay, would love to grab one.

Uhhmm i think that portrait throws away the sith look.. Not digging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw someone mention earlier that they'd better not hide the ears as that's kind of important on the Driver sculpt. They hid them and he looks a whole lot like Jon Snow... I'm still intrigued by having an unmasked option but certainly keeping my PF order for sure regardless.

I saw someone mention earlier that they'd better not hide the ears as that's kind of important on the Driver sculpt. They hid them and he looks a whole lot like Jon Snow... I'm still intrigued by having an unmasked option but certainly keeping my PF order for sure regardless.

Haha Jon Snow is literally the first character I thought of when I saw the unmasked portrait :lol

SSC won the battle in producing the better Kylo Ren by far imo, but that still doesn't justify the price on it. So I probably won't get one unfortunately, $800+ to our doors is just mad for a PF.

SSC won the battle in producing the better Kylo Ren by far imo, but that still doesn't justify the price on it. So I probably won't get one unfortunately, $800+ to our doors is just mad for a PF.

That's how much it costs if you order from their website but it's more affordable from a local retailer.
Ofc that means not getting the EX... I'm still on the fence on this, not sure if I go for the EX or not (I won't display the EX option...).

That's how much it costs if you order from their website but it's more affordable from a local retailer.
Ofc that means not getting the EX... I'm still on the fence on this, not sure if I go for the EX or not (I won't display the EX option...).

It's still $700 from the local retailer, which is still madness for this. Regular madness to boot.

Still going for the PF. I like the blade better on the PF, whether it will light up or not, and overall this still looks like a big doll.
Unmasked portrait does nothing for me unfortunately, I don't want that face anywhere near my collection :lol
Maybe in VIII or IX when he adds some more dark side in there :lol

The melted Vader helmet is awesome though, maybe there will be a few for sale on eBay, would love to grab one.

I'm not too sure about the argument that many make that Hot Toys must 'always' look like 'dolls'. Well they are in a sense, but with a statue like Kylo Ren who has a lot of mixed media, imo I don't see the difference. Generally I've found that SS statues can have more appealing poses (major pro), but they can also have variable quality in paint application (con) and lackluster human face sculpts (con - though I've never found the actor's look all that menancing for a Sith character).

Back