Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Ok Iv seen some mixed collections but its rare. The few times I have probably seen are when a person with a large hot toys collection buys an occasional statue to supplement. I think people with large statue collections have a hard time supplementing with a hot toy, just looks to small.

I do mix it up myself, has I do like things from hottoys, prime 1 and sideshow bring to the party, gives a different perspective on the difference between the 3. With a table I am getting, I can display the hottoys away from my statues

Once you start down the 1/4 path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will! :yess:

:clap:clap:clap:goodpost:

Ok Ok Iv seen some mixed collections but its rare. The few times I have probably seen are when a person with a large hot toys collection buys an occasional statue to supplement. I think people with large statue collections have a hard time supplementing with a hot toy, just looks to small.

I do mix it up too but usually not in the same line.
Since I collect video games and anime stuff as well there's not much above 1:6 if even that and you have to grab what you can.

I want this so bad. But there are a few nit picky things I have about it holding me back. Thickness of body/build, non light up saber, etc.

The price is just so high I can't bite the bullet. Hoping for a revisit down the road I guess.

I want this so bad. But there are a few nit picky things I have about it holding me back. Thickness of body/build, non light up saber, etc.

The price is just so high I can't bite the bullet. Hoping for a revisit down the road I guess.

same here.

Did anyone find out what the red thing in the base was?

Sorry, I've been trying to stay away from this forum to not be tempted.

Did anyone find out what the red thing in the base was?

Sorry, I've been trying to stay away from this forum to not be tempted.

The designer said the 3 red circles around the base was inspired by the tri-blade lightsaber.

If you could not come to that conclusion on your own, it's because you're normal.
I don't think anyone would come anywhere close to guessing that. :lol

The designer said the 3 red circles around the base was inspired by the tri-blade lightsaber.

If you could not come to that conclusion on your own, it's because you're normal.

Lmao. Kinda cool I guess.

I'm a little shocked someone actually put thought into the base

Quote from Alex on SF. So it is possible. I think it would be extremely beneficial to go into these preorders with the product already engineered to light up or not...

Many light-up features are engineered/added during the production of a piece. Adding light-up features does involve adding the wires in (by re-engineering how the wires would run through a piece to it's connection points. So this can sometimes mean a different key system has to be done, hollowing out areas have to be done, etc).

Adding light-ups will occur if it's possible...especially for items with light sabers.

Quote from Alex on SF. So it is possible. I think it would be extremely beneficial to go into these preorders with the product already engineered to light up or not...

I REALLY hope they add a light up feature for Kylo.

I would feel way more comfortable with my purchase if that was the case.

In their promo video of Kylo Ren PF, Sideshow shows Kylo's saber lighting up. It's not the one on the statue but I find it unwise anyway. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

In their promo video of Kylo Ren PF, Sideshow shows Kylo's saber lighting up. It's not the one on the statue but I find it unwise anyway. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Good thing with facebook you find out artists who can do this kind of thing, if there is no lightup feature with kyloren, will have it taken to get the lightsaber lit up. I hope they see the error of their ways and get the features it should have for the price we are paying, if they can do all that stuff for Vader, Kylo should be no problem

It seems to me there is hints it will be done, remember we never got anything official for ages with sideshow if Vader will have the lightup features, and later on we were told Vader will have the light up features, I have high hopes Kylo will have this since they applied the lightup feature to the Vader piece

Good thing with facebook you find out artists who can do this kind of thing, if there is no lightup feature with kyloren, will have it taken to get the lightsaber lit up. I hope they see the error of their ways and get the features it should have for the price we are paying, if they can do all that stuff for Vader, Kylo should be no problem

It seems to me there is hints it will be done, remember we never got anything official for ages with sideshow if Vader will have the lightup features, and later on we were told Vader will have the light up features, I have high hopes Kylo will have this since they applied the lightup feature to the Vader piece

For the $569.99 we will pay for this statue it better comes with a light up saber otherwise I won't feel sad...I will feel mad and very upset with Sideshow for making me pay this much without including any light up feature.

I probably mentioned it before but it should not JUST be a light up feature, it should be dynamic as well.

Any of you familiar with the gorgeous Master Replicas finger of Sauron? The ring had a light up feature for the writing on the ring (which became invisible when it was off, freaking genius), except the light was dynamic and made it look kinda like it appeared in the movies.

It's not just about the blade's shape. There needs to be some intensity variations in that thing. If MR was able to do it so many years ago in a ring, Sideshow can definitely make it happen in 2016 inside a statue, especially at that price.

I am not pre-ordering due to the EX being underwhelming, will wait for pics with the light up feature (if they add it, which I think they probably will after that post from SSAlex, same with the Maul PF).

I probably mentioned it before but it should not JUST be a light up feature, it should be dynamic as well.

Any of you familiar with the gorgeous Master Replicas finger of Sauron? The ring had a light up feature for the writing on the ring (which became invisible when it was off, freaking genius), except the light was dynamic and made it look kinda like it appeared in the movies.

It's not just about the blade's shape. There needs to be some intensity variations in that thing. If MR was able to do it so many years ago in a ring, Sideshow can definitely make it happen in 2016 inside a statue, especially at that price.

I am not pre-ordering due to the EX being underwhelming, will wait for pics with the light up feature (if they add it, which I think they probably will after that post from SSAlex, same with the Maul PF).

flickering LED is not a problem.. but that must look pretty awesome on this piece ! Great idea !!!

For the $569.99 we will pay for this statue it better comes with a light up saber otherwise I won't feel sad...I will feel mad and very upset with Sideshow for making me pay this much without including any light up feature.

They didn't make you pay anything, if you feel that way about it, you could always show some restraint and just not order maybe? It is likely that the more people that buy them early, the less likely new additions are anyway, why pay the money to change them if they sell regardless. I like this, but I haven't ordered, mainly because the price is just way up there. But these days you are never likely to miss out anyway even if you do change your mind down the line.. Or if improvements are made later on.

They didn't make you pay anything, if you feel that way about it, you could always show some restraint and just not order maybe? It is likely that the more people that buy them early, the less likely new additions are anyway, why pay the money to change them if they sell regardless. I like this, but I haven't ordered, mainly because the price is just way up there. But these days you are never likely to miss out anyway even if you do change your mind down the line.. Or if improvements are made later on.

Exactly.

Also, for those of us who don't live in the US, the gap between ordering the EX from Sideshow or getting the regular from a local dealer has become quite big, due in part to the increase in shipping costs.
That's more than a $150 difference for an EX option that I would personally never use (especially if the statue ends up getting the light up feature). Literally the only reason to get it becomes resale value. So there really is no hurry, and if you really end up wanting the EX there is still the wait list option which works most of the time.

It's weird because on a P1 piece, you are actually saving around $400-$500 by getting it from Sideshow, even with fees/taxes, but the same definitely doesn't apply to their own products nowadays.

I think the EX for this piece is worth getting though.

Don't get me wrong, it's not very cool or amazing...but it does prevent us from seeing his cheap looking lightsaber.

Back