KUMIK Death Bringer Selene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Came with 2 wigs, 2 pistols, holster, coat and extra hands and feet. Coat, pistols and boots are cheaply made. Holster is attached via a magnet which is great but they should have included 2 of them. I think the head-sculpt looks pretty good and the body seems to be well made. I paid $150 shipped which is probably $50 too much but overall do not regret buying the figure. Here are a few pics.

P1020714_zps85a68483.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020724_zpsded5fb44.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020715_zpse4a24761.jpg
[/IMG]

I just recieved the kumik body and I think it's very solid. It's obviously not made for revealing attire but has solid joints, construction and color match with the kumik heads. Not sure what the complaints are about.

I got an order status email from KUMIK concerning my purchase but nothing concrete yet. Looks like it will be shipping to US customers in Feb.

[KUMIK] Order Status Notice‏

1/23/13
Reply ▼
Toythrob's Concept Store
Add to contacts
Dear valued customer,

the shipment for your order will be arriving this week. We will be arranging to have them shipped to you by early February.

For customers who have yet paid for S/H, we will be sending you the invoice soon.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Greg
Wholesale and Marketing Team
Toythrob.com
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.toythrob.com
Exclusive Distributor (KUMIK): www.kumiktoyhouse.wordpress.com

Yes. My shipping invoice from Toythrob Concept (that's Oobbuh) came yesterday through Paypal.

Well Bear,
I was trying to figure out if doing the pre-order & shipping was more cost effective than just buying on evilbay at $150 BIN with free shipping. Seems like the pre-order extras are the same as the one you can buy now. Like there are no perks to the pre-order way back in June of 2012. In fact I ended up paying $9 more!

I just received an answer from Greg Boo at Toythrob:

"Hi,

please note that the order that you made early last year is a limited release. The sculpt is handcrafted and hand painted thus quality is better as compared to the mass produced ones that you now see on ebay.

The mass produced ones are produced and painted by machines. The cost and retail price is thus lower than the hand crafted ones.

Kindly note that only 100 sets are produced for the limited release.

(he included my tracking #)

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Greg"

Last edited:
Okay,

So mine arrived this morning...

Not as bad as I was afraid, but much worse than I would have liked!

The sculpt is good, the hair is bad, the body looks great, except for the hands and the articulation is good.

The suit is very good, the corset too but not screen accurate. The boots are plastic but look good, the coat is a real POS.

The guns are simple but look good. I had the surprise to find three little scraps of metal that I then identified as throwing stars and mine is missing the magnetic holster.

All in all, could make an awesome Selene, but will take tons of futzing and customizing. I don't regret buying as this is what I expected, but if you're looking for an awesome out of the box Selene, I wouldn't recommend it.

Well Bear,
I was trying to figure out if doing the pre-order & shipping was more cost effective than just buying on evilbay at $150 BIN with free shipping. Seems like the pre-order extras are the same as the one you can buy now. Like there are no perks to the pre-order way back in June of 2012. In fact I ended up paying $9 more!

I just received an answer from Greg Boo at Toythrob:

"Hi,

please note that the order that you made early last year is a limited release. The sculpt is handcrafted and hand painted thus quality is better as compared to the mass produced ones that you now see on ebay.

The mass produced ones are produced and painted by machines. The cost and retail price is thus lower than the hand crafted ones.

Kindly note that only 100 sets are produced for the limited release.

(he included my tracking #)

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Greg"

Hi, would you mind to take photo of your Selene head sculpt?

I am actually in the business of producing head sculpts, so far the factories I met in China is doing hand painting on all head sculpts. Even Hot Toy or Enterbay, I also know the team who do the painting for enterbay.

So this so called "distrubutor" from Singapore is bullshxtting. I also know some people in China who call themselves "distrubutor" of Kumik :p

Back