Statue Kratos on Throne Exclusive-Gaming heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People can rag on Gaming heads all they want but if your buying locally its hard to argue with there prices, hope they start doing other game lines eventually. Metal gear, final fantasy are top on my list.

I think they're trying to do Sony brands, and other franchises that lack in collectibles first actually unlike First 4 Figures who focus mainly on Nintendo products, along with general classics like SEGA.

What's the criticism of gaming heads? I have never bought anything from them. I am expecting a $500 statue to look like the proto. It should look fantastic not unlike most sideshow statues or pcs statues

There was somebody ragging on them on a FB group saying there lara figure was junk cause the paint apps weren't done well. Yeah the pics didn't look as amazing as the proto but still looked like a good statue. and its cause there was dirt and blood as part of the paint job and they just struggled to pull it off. as far as everything else they have done it looks spot on. I think once this guy sells out and picture start popping up its gonna be "hey anyone looking to sell kratos on the throne? Cant believe this guy is going of 1200-1500 on eBay blah blah."

I think they're trying to do Sony brands, and other franchises that lack in collectibles first actually unlike First 4 Figures who focus mainly on Nintendo products, along with general classics like SEGA.
What other company is doing Mario statues or LoZ statues... Or Nights... Or Viewtiful Joe.. Or Ace Attorney... Or Sonic... Or Skies of Arcadia...

Oh wait... None that's right!

Just Mario and Sonic has a market for toys, $10 crappy figures.

Also lol @ comparing sideshow quality to PCS. PCS is killing it right now with SF and MK.

PCS has on point right now but I rarely see a sideshow piece that at least doesn't look gorgeous. Considering that gaming heads is relativelyup and coming that still seems like a compliment.

PCS has on point right now but I rarely see a sideshow piece that at least doesn't look gorgeous. Considering that gaming heads is relativelyup and coming that still seems like a compliment.

ALL of PCS' recent pieces have looked great. And when they mess up they fix it.

Some of SS stuff looks great, a lot of it doesn't. If they mess up then good luck.

Literally no one else makes statues like F4F does :| Just prize figures, figmas, and we got the RAH link none of which are statues (and no one really did it before them either).

Exactly! PCS and F4F are top tier companies.

Note: I think Godzilla used a double negative and I read his comment wrong, but double negatives are stupid so whatever >_>

I didn't realize Sideshow has disappointed. I mean maybe in character selection or overpricing but not in the actual execution of their products. I was under the impression that their products mirrored the prototypes. These aren't 25 dollar figures shown off at toy fair then pump out thousands of inferior versions to sit on shelves. For half a grand, I expect the paint apps and sculpt to look as good as the proto. The eyes should look spot on. You mess the eyes up its a wrap on the face.

What other company is doing Mario statues or LoZ statues... Or Nights... Or Viewtiful Joe.. Or Ace Attorney... Or Sonic... Or Skies of Arcadia...

Oh wait... None that's right!

Just Mario and Sonic has a market for toys, $10 crappy figures.

Also lol @ comparing sideshow quality to PCS. PCS is killing it right now with SF and MK.
The new Mario and general Nintendo toys are basically rip offs of the Figma/Good Smile Company Nintendo figures :lol Why people are buying them I don't even know. The Sonic figures...god why

Sideshow Quality has gone down horribly over the years, it's similar

For the sake of curiousity, which statues are best examples of SS quality going down? I want to see what the in-hand products look like...

Statues I'm not so sure, but I heard their Iron Man Mark VI Life Size Bust had some QC. Their figures have been arguably worse, too, like Drake and Plissken.

For the sake of curiousity, which statues are best examples of SS quality going down? I want to see what the in-hand products look like...

SS had some major major QC issues with Apocalypse (poor paint apps, breaks), Wonder Woman (poor paint apps, mostly broken accessories, also accessories made from plastic), the new Red Hulk (broken legs, due to shipping). Having said that in the same period of time Gladiator Hulk, King Hulk, Red Skull and Allied Charge Cap also shipped and these had far fewer QC issues.

EDIT: Also their latest Iron Man/ Iron Patriot LSB have been riddled with issues.

That's sad. I'd be extremely miffed to drop that money and to get a cheaply made product shipped to me. I've never bought a statue for over $100--this Kratos will be my first. I have high expectations so hopefully Gaming Heads gets closer to PCS standards than Sideshows new reputation.all my other statues are gentle giant or ones that come with videogame special editions lol

That's sad. I'd be extremely miffed to drop that money and to get a cheaply made product shipped to me. I've never bought a statue for over $100--this Kratos will be my first. I have high expectations so hopefully Gaming Heads gets closer to PCS standards than Sideshows new reputation.all my other statues are gentle giant or ones that come with videogame special editions lol

Careful! It's a slippery slope! Hahaha. This will be my first 1/4 scale statue not made by SS. Bit worried as well. I've had good experience overall thus far with sideshow though. I am very excited for Kratos. It'll be my first video game related statue.

i think this is the best & most accurate kratos statue so far..sideshow had the wrong blades..kratos had already the blades of exile (not the blades of athena) when he got the boots of hermes and the scar on his abdomen is not that big compared to the game..the lunging kratos had the blades of exile though the kratos was suppose to be from gow 1..this kratos have the blades of chaos which is accurate..

Careful! It's a slippery slope! Hahaha. This will be my first 1/4 scale statue not made by SS. Bit worried as well. I've had good experience overall thus far with sideshow though. I am very excited for Kratos. It'll be my first video game related statue.

God-of-War-Ascension-Collectors-Edition-Kratos-Statue-003.jpg
Me too. Considering ^this is my only Kratos statue because up until now, I have not seen one accurate enough and impressive enough to justify the price. But this one smashes that cake. I really, really hope whatever issues they had with Lara Croft have since been dealt with.

i think this is the best & most accurate kratos statue so far..sideshow had the wrong blades..kratos had already the blades of exile (not the blades of athena) when he got the boots of hermes and the scar on his abdomen is not that big compared to the game..the lunging kratos had the blades of exile though the kratos was suppose to be from gow 1..this kratos have the blades of chaos which is accurate..

I've noticed those as well, not to mention the Sideshow piece just honestly didn't have a very good likeness. But I'd gladly accept the wrong blades being attached to Kratos in trade for a damn perfect face likeness. If they can nail his physical appearance that's most important to me. But everything on it looks perfect and it's scary to try to have those expectations met. lol

I'd feel very similar if I ordered the PCS Scorpion or Sub-Zero 1/3 or Akuma. But because of their trach record people have complete faith in them it seems. I hope Gaming Heads impresses. If this statue is as good as what we've been shown, watch out, it will be a GREAT launching pad.

Does anyone know if we will have an opportunity to see this in person at E3 or Comic Con or anything like that? Does this company go to shows like that?

Sideshow's PF was weird honestly, I still don't understand that. And the exclusive being the claws of Hades...Cestus would be better. The blades is something NO ONE gets right, even in descriptions of the games! I can somewhat understand for this piece since the blades of athena look so similar to the blades of chaos in GoW I, and you probably won't even see them when displaying this

Back