Kotobukiya Jim Lee Wonder Woman ArtFX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperJ300

Super Freak
Reaction score

A bit disappointed they went with the skirt, but will wait and see what it looks like painted. Will be getting this, and hope for Green Lantern next!

if its anything like the quality of the last 2 pieces this is gold!...

I think she will look great after we see some paint. Love the other 2 and cant wait to have 2 trinities on display this year??!?!?!

I love it so far. If she turns out good I'm pretty sure we will grab Supes and Bats for a Trinity display since we don't have the space to them in PFs.

Here is a quote for a member-

They are only doing this piece by popular demand, they would have stoped at the Superman, they decided to do it around NYCC last year after all the good feedback from the painted Super and people started asking for a WW.

Hope this will turn out great to get rest of JL members, I can't see Koto turning down Green Lantern sculpt!

I'll wait to see it finished before making a decision on this, but I hope she isn't just grabbing her cape. I hope they give her some kind of weapon.

If Wonder Woman sales go well and fans demand for more JL members, I guess the rest will be based on Jim Lee Justice League.

I'll wait to see it finished before making a decision on this, but I hope she isn't just grabbing her cape. I hope they give her some kind of weapon.

If Koto will go by this sketch, then no weapons. Would like the lasso added to this sculpt but can't see where they would put it. Cape will be in the way if attached to her belt.

If Koto will go by this sketch, then no weapons. Would like the lasso added to this sculpt but can't see where they would put it. Cape will be in the way if attached to her belt.

Looks like the lasso might be added on her left thigh. There is a tiny hole on her thigh to put a lasso, maybe?

up front I'll say I'm not a huge fan of Jim Lee's art. I don't hate it, but I just don't value it as highly as most people in these forums do.
And I'm definitely not a fan of his Nu 52 designs.

That said, this is a whole lot closer to the iconic version of WW I was hoping to see from SS. At least as far as the facial portrait (which looks much more attractive and feminine to me here) and the costuming.
As far as the pose goes- the sultry-ish bending of the figures left leg is what I assume people are referring to when they complimented the SS piece for NOT being a pin-up. And in terms of a display with the Koto Batman and Superman figures here (both in full on angry "let's get ready to @ss kick" stance) that attitude in the lower body really doesn't compliment well.
In that respect, I do prefer the pose/body attitude (and base) of the SS PF. But I VASTLY prefer the face and costume here.

Even though Koto pieces have always look cheap to me, I'd be more inclined to buy this over the SS PF. Unfortunately at 1/6 scale it's just too small for me to get enthused about.

And the wait continues for a truly iconic and impressive representation of this character continues...

And in terms of a display with the Koto Batman and Superman figures here (both in full on angry "let's get ready to @ss kick" stance) that attitude in the lower body really doesn't compliment well.

This is what bugs me too, her vulnerability pose along side Batman and Superman action pose. Would have liked something like this!

I'm so glad SS made her look strong and powerful, which other brands have gone for softer pin ups looks.

I'm so glad SS made her look strong and powerful, which other brands have gone for softer pin ups looks.

The thing is, there are several aspects that contribute to a "pin-up" look vs a strong and powerful representation.
Also, this hack and slash warrior princess conception of the character is more of a contemporary affectation to make the character appeal to a WoW/GoW gamer generation.
For 40+ years, this was not how she was conceived or portrayed. So as a fan since before the TV show, I kind of bristle at the idea that the SS PF is 'the essence of the character'. Her origin was more of an emissary/ambassador and bridge between two worlds and cultures- who then happened to aid the allies against the Axis threat. The @ss kicking has always had a place, but it was never her raison d'etre.

Had this face and costume been on the SS piece, with all else being the same (base, spear, axe, etc), I would have ordered it in a heartbeat. People would still be reading that statue as strong and powerful because of the body language in her stance, the weapons, and the more elaborate, battle-centric base would all impart that. I'm pretty sure the people enthused about it now would not be violently rejecting it just because the face didn't look like Cobie Smulders.

This is a nice piece. The paint job is so important here and is needed before all call judgement

Back