Kotobukiya Colossus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kotobukiya is producing some pretty nice statues. Problem is, they're using a weaker plastic, instead of resin. In a controlled environment, that's fine. But, if you're like me, and the majority of the collector population out there, in time, the knees and or ankles will bend; leaving you a pile of nicely sculpted & painted cr*p.

Kotobukiya is producing some pretty nice statues. Problem is, they're using a weaker plastic, instead of resin. In a controlled environment, that's fine. But, if you're like me, and the majority of the collector population out there, in time, the knees and or ankles will bend; leaving you a pile of nicely sculpted & painted cr*p.

:lol Just do not leave it in direct sunlight or under a sun lamp or Detolf NON lights for point blank for Hours on end :exactly::goodpost:

I was under the impression the Kotobukiya X-Men Danger Room Fine Arts are resin and the Bishoujo series were just PVC.

I was under the impression the Kotobukiya X-Men Danger Room Fine Arts are resin and the Bishoujo series were just PVC.

Yea, I am pretty sure the Fine Art Statues are made of Resin. The Koto Rulk and Hulk are, so I am assuming the Danger Room statues will be too. I have the Rulk and he is definitely not plastic.

I will wait for the SS Colossus Premim Format statue.

I like Kotobukiya's statues. I just that I would like them to be 1/4.

There are mulitple lines of Kotobukiya Marvel Statues; the Art FX line are made of plastic and are the more economical line available, and the Fine Arts line are made of resin just like you would expect from other companies such as Sideshow, Bowen, etc..

Luckily the Colossus here belongs to the X-men Fine Arts line so its a "real" statue made of resin.

On another note, these Koto X-men statues seem very similar to the X-men diorama set from sideshow. With the broken sentinel piece all over the place and light up features, this could be an awesome yet cheaper and more accessible version to get. I really hope all the pieces turn out great together, cuz I'm very tempting to start collecting this line!

It is bad ass so far. Saw it at comic con and i was wowed! For its price and size, and sculpting, you can't go wrong. With Psylocke as the first, it is already a home run.

There are mulitple lines of Kotobukiya Marvel Statues; the Art FX line are made of plastic and are the more economical line available, and the Fine Arts line are made of resin just like you would expect from other companies such as Sideshow, Bowen, etc..

Luckily the Colossus here belongs to the X-men Fine Arts line so its a "real" statue made of resin.

On another note, these Koto X-men statues seem very similar to the X-men diorama set from sideshow. With the broken sentinel piece all over the place and light up features, this could be an awesome yet cheaper and more accessible version to get. I really hope all the pieces turn out great together, cuz I'm very tempting to start collecting this line!

I agree, they are some similarities to the Sideshow line, but different concept. Also, not all the Danger Room statues have sentinel parts on them. The Wolverine and Sabretooth do not, which I plan on buying. I like them all, but I don't think my wife would be pleased if I brought home Rogue or Psyclocke. They would be a little to risqué for her!

I agree, they are some similarities to the Sideshow line, but different concept. Also, not all the Danger Room statues have sentinel parts on them. The Wolverine and Sabretooth do not, which I plan on buying. I like them all, but I don't think my wife would be pleased if I brought home Rogue or Psyclocke. They would be a little to risqué for her!

speaking of Sabertooth. Here are some new pics from Koto site:

https://store.kotous.com/marvel-com...-room-session-sabretooth-fine-art-statue.html

Marvel/Disney didn't like the idea of having Bambi dragged by Sabertooth

Back