Kotobukiya C-3PO and R2D2 Statue Impossible to find?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excalibur82

Freakalicious
Reaction score
41dcoU3gknL.jpg

So a few years back I remember seeing this piece almost everywhere on the Net and at specialty stores, so I put it on my mental wish list. But today, you cannot find this piece on ebay or anywhere else. And yet you can find all of the other Star Wars Kotobukiya. Why on earth is this? What makes this piece so hard to come by? I really wanted to get this.

Anyone have thoughts or tips?

:slap

Last edited:
that is weird. I know grievous and the senate/royal guards were kind of tough to find, but not the droids. You might have luck on rebelscum.

I have this set and though its not scaled to 1/7 its an awesome piece by itself. Probably why you dont see many available. If you get a chance to find one at a good price get it.

I have this set as well and both characters are really nicely realized.

I have this set and though its not scaled to 1/7 its an awesome piece by itself. Probably why you dont see many available. If you get a chance to find one at a good price get it.

I know this isn't the buying forum, but if anyone is interested in selling this piece, I would deff be game. Drop me a PM.

I've got this piece to and I personally think it's far better value than the RAH ones; plus the sculpt and scale are better - 3PO's head and neck are spot on too.

I think these are still the best overall figures of the droids, out of all of the figures and statues that have been made. They're really quite good -- as a standalone piece...

I've got this piece to and I personally think it's far better value than the RAH ones; plus the sculpt and scale are better - 3PO's head and neck are spot on too.
Scale relative to each other is better, sure. But scale to other figures is way off. They don't fit into the Jabba setup at all, I'm afraid.

Still I think that the SS 1/4 premium format C3PO and R2D2 are gonna be better.
One would certainly hope they would be better, given the price differential. But I'm not really sure why people are so sure that Sideshow's 1/6 scale and PF droids are going to blow everything else away. The only droids they've made so far (the life sized ones) have a number of problems, and I say that as an owner of the life-sized C-3PO. :(

Back