KONG UP FOR PREORDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely an interesting question FF. I hadn't even watched the 360 until you mentioned that. It's not noticeable in the pics, not that my weary eyes can see anyway. That means either it was there and photoshopped out or that Kong can indeed stand on his own ( so then why would the support need to be there for the 360? ). Things that make you go hmmmmmm. :dunno

This is a really tough decision for me. It's more than I'd generally spend for this type of item but it is a replica of an unusually interesting and important piece of film history. And a film I really love at that. Maybe it will sell out fast and I won't have to torture myself.
By the way, I think a reason for the stand might be just to secure the armature when it's displayed normally. While the armature may very well be capable of holding a pose or balancing on one foot you'd probably want to have some extra assurance it won't fall because of vibration or other disturbance and risk damaging it. Just a guess.

Back