Action Figure Knowing when to quit collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always on a "slow" phrase, either having 1 or 2 figures on PO per year during the past 8 years I've been collecting
Until comes 2016, which originally is the year I planned to quit, instead I got 3 new, 4 on PO and 1 waiting for announcement.

Now I just wish to go back to the slow phrase... And probably get a 3rd detolf.

I don't know if I can quit, really depends on what figures are coming out. I do know that I'll be slowing down once HT finishes their ESB & ROTJ line. I'm staying away from the non OT movies.
Once I get the Iron man mark 46 and an upcoming terminator figure, my non SW purchases will slow right down.

Of course this could go all out the door if HT does re-releases figures I really like and make them way better :(

Knowing when to quit collecting:

When you find yourself buying figures just for the sake of buying a new figure to add to/expand your collection, as opposed to genuinely wanting it because the character(s) has sentimental value.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I believe I am done with Marvel. In fact, I'm even selling some of it off on eBay, such as my A1 collection. I already have The Avengers fully represented in my AoU collection, and the A1 figures were an incomplete display that was never going to be finished. I'll pretty much just be focusing on collecting a JL lineup with the first film and some other DCEU stuff, sporadic Star Wars characters and the occasional miscellaneous stuff (Ghostbusters, BttF, Star Trek, etc.).

A good indicator is when you get a new collectible (eg hot toys figure PF stature) or whatever else, and instead of being really excited to rush into unboxing it and setting it up you feel like hell ill just set it up tomorrow it seems like such a pain to do now. It will be obvious at that point that your not experiencing that same level of excitement you used too with brand new figures. Instead you just find yourself looking forward to the next figure, but when it arrives you fall into the same pattern. When your need to collect new items overtakes your enjoyment of said items it is probably a good sign too get out. There is no enjoyment in OCD/Hoarding

I have all the characters I wanted, I could upgrade the new super man or Spider-Man, but I'm happy with what I have
I'm getting some neca ninja turtles then I think my collection is complete

A good indicator is when you get a new collectible (eg hot toys figure PF stature) or whatever else, and instead of being really excited to rush into unboxing it and setting it up you feel like hell ill just set it up tomorrow it seems like such a pain to do now. It will be obvious at that point that your not experiencing that same level of excitement you used too with brand new figures. Instead you just find yourself looking forward to the next figure, but when it arrives you fall into the same pattern. When your need to collect new items overtakes your enjoyment of said items it is probably a good sign too get out. There is no enjoyment in OCD/Hoarding

I agree 100% with this.

Well said. I agree 100%.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Back