KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tomandshell said:
I can't find the quote, but I said I would buy you Origins Kurgan and I keep my word. Do you have the NECA set yet?

No Neca set, its been sold out in here. Havent been able to find it:monkey4

tomandshell said:
Honestly, I know that these recent developments have to be difficult for the Krusaders. Say what you will about them and their Krusade, but it's clear that they have been passionate about seeing a cherished character produced by Sideshow. Many of us have just as strong a desire to see other pieces produced, and it would be a bummer if, for example, we were told that there would never be a Darth Vader 12" in the Star Wars line. Let's allow them to vent their frustration as they deal with this crushing blow. Nobody wants to see a dream die unfulfilled.

Personally, I am going to follow the old rule of "never say never" and continue to hope that one day their dream might come true. Boards like this exist because of passionate fans, and the passion shown throughout the Krusade is likely unsurpassable. Kurganites, I salute you!!!

Tom, that means a lot to me personally, I'll tell ya.
And your gesture to King is too cool. Very appropo. If any Kurgan fan deserves that, he does.

Thanks for your kind and understanding words in a time of great dissapointment and frustration. They will not be forgotten.

tomandshell said:
Please PM me with your mailing address. I have one for you.

:google :clap :rock

.....AND HAPPY NEW YEAR CHASE !!! LOLLLLLL...MAN, TOM...YOU DESERVE YOUR # 42......LOLLL

ALL HAIL TOMANDSHELL !!!! HE JUST EARN A SPOT IN THE '' NEVER TO-BE- KILL LIST'' !!!

tomandshell said:

:bow:bow:bow:duff

Thank you so much Tom! You have no idea how much that means to me.

I am humbled by your generosity:eek:

Once again DekDave you are completely wrong and coming out of leftfield.

They don't take on a license anticipating to make one figure and then let it die. If a line is successful it will continue. No one at SSC or any fan dreamed that Holy Grail would go as deep as it did, but sales warranted it. Everyone at SSC LOVES Planet of the Apes, they rolled it out big, but sales couldn't support the line. Same with Highlander, I'm sure if all the other figures had done well then they'd go deep into the line with Kurgan and Conner variants and many other characters.

tomandshell said:

This is exactly why Sideshow should get Tom his #42 PF Boba Fett. Man you are awesome. (I too have benefitted from Tom's generosity. He is D'man)! :rock

Darklord Dave said:

They don't take on a license anticipating to make one figure and then let it die. If a line is successful it will continue. No one at SSC or any fan dreamed that Holy Grail would go as deep as it did, but sales warranted it. Everyone at SSC LOVES Planet of the Apes, they rolled it out big, but sales couldn't support the line. Same with Highlander, I'm sure if all the other figures had done well then they'd go deep into the line with Kurgan and Conner variants and many other characters.

Sadly the Darlord speaks the truth. HIghlander failed because of poor choice of figures being released and (IMO) was DOA because there would never be a Ramirez. End of story.

Darklord Dave said:

Best quote ever..... :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

I agree with the Darklord here.... It's not SSC's fault. The line didn't sell well, and with the likeness issues for Ramirez and the R&D needed for an Origins Kurgan..... It was just too much for an already failing line to take.

How am I wrong? I already said that sales of POTA and Highlander were disappointing. If Sideshow had no intention of making a Kurgan or Ramirez (due to actor likeness issues) then why make only a few mediocre figures in a line that would only be half-ass? It was doomed from the start. Am I wrong? Sideshow didn't deserve the license if they had no intention of completing it. Like I said, that's like Star Wars without Boba Fett or Vader. It's time for another company to step up to the plate and give fans what they want. Hot Toys could make an awesome Medieval Kurgan as part of the Movie Masterpiece series and their skills FAR exceed what Sideshow has shown to date.

dekadentdave said:
How am I wrong? I already said that sales of POTA and Highlander were disappointing. If Sideshow had no intention of making a Kurgan or Ramirez (due to actor likeness issues) then why make only a few mediocre figures in a line that would only be half-ass? It was doomed from the start. Am I wrong? Sideshow didn't deserve the license if they had no intention of completing it. Like I said, that's like Star Wars without Boba Fett or Vader. It's time for another company to step up to the plate and give fans what they want. Hot Toys could make an awesome Medieval Kurgan as part of the Movie Masterpiece series and their skills FAR exceed what Sideshow has shown to date.
I doubt a hot toys Kurgan would have a good likeness either. I think at this point a kustom figure is the way to go if we truly want a medieval Kurgan. You say another company should step up to the plate, well I think it is time for us to step up to the plate to get this figure made.

No I think Hot Toys has demonstrated with their Predators, Robocop and Terminators that they could craft superior detailed Kurgan armor and I know they can. And if NECA were to acquire the 1:6 license from Sideshow I have no doubt that they could as well. There will be an "Official" Medieval Kurgan someday. It will happen. I have no doubt because somebody wants to make money off of it and they will.

dekadentdave said:
No I think Hot Toys has demonstrated with their Predators, Robocop and Terminators that they could craft superior detailed Kurgan armor and I know they can. And if NECA were to acquire the 1:6 license from Sideshow I have no doubt that they could as well. There will be an "Official" Medieval Kurgan someday. It will happen. I have no doubt because somebody wants to make money off of it and they will.
So basically what you're saying is that rather than trying to get a custom made, you would rather wait around in hopes that another company may make one while you continue to ***** and moan about the lack of a figure you really want.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, Sideshow's human likenesses weren't that great either. Take a look at Modern Kurgan and Connor. They are okay but not great. Besides, most of the Kurgan is concealed by all of that awesome armor anyways. You can always repaint the face.

dekadentdave said:

AND THE POOR SALES OF THE LINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE FANS OF HIGHLANDER DONT BUY THAT STUFF...IF SIDESHOW WOULD HAVE DEDICATED MORE TIME TO DESIGNING THIS LINE IT WOULD HAVE SUCCEED BETTER...

SIDESHOW'S MEDIEVAL CONNOR:

5604.jpg

NECA'S MEDIEVAL CONNOR:

MacLeod.jpg

HOW COMES NECA HAS RENDERED MORE JUSTICE TO THE CHARACTER IN A 7'' FIGURE SCALE THAN SIDESHOW'S ???? SIDESHOW WAS ONCE RENOWED FOR THEIR AWESOME REALISTIC MEDIEVAL COSTUMES (MONTHY PYTHONS HOLY GRAIL,MEDIEVAL ASH ?!?!?)

AND WHAT ABOUT THE MODERN KURGAN....THIS IS A CHARACTER THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN INSTANT SELL-OUT...BUT THE LIKENESS TO CLANCY BROWN WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT THERE....BUT NOBODY AT SIDESHOW SEEMS TO CARED..YET,THEY STILL RELEASED THE FIGURE...:rolleyes:

ClancyBrown_Highlander.jpg

5603_press05-001.jpg

NO, THIS LINE DIDNT SELL BECAUSE THE DEMAND WASNT THERE..IT DIDNT SELL CAUSE SIDESHOW DIDNT PUT ENOUGH LOVE IN THAT LICENCE.

dekadentdave said:
Let's be honest, Sideshow's human likenesses weren't that great either. Take a look at Modern Kurgan and Connor. They are okay but not great. Besides, most of the Kurgan is concealed by all of that awesome armor anyways. You can always repaint the face.
I never said they were but if we got a custom made it would have a good likeness.

Back