KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bannister said:
Vigo, command me Lord!!!
peter.jpg

VIGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaithis77 said:
I cry sometimes from the comments, but I get free lollipops, so the pain's worth it.

Any other dreams I can crush?

J/K, Kurgies!!! :p
Well now that you bring it up, what about:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Silence of the Lambs (Neca made a Hannibal Lecter figure ;) )
Dune
Star Trek 1:6?
Is there anything you say about these?

dekadentdave said:
And what about additions to X-Files? You gave us Skinner and Black Oil Krycek which sold out immediately so can we expect at least a couple more additions or is this line DOA as well?

Are you kidding?

Krycek sold like crap. The exclusive version was up for preorder for months before SS finally decided to just release the figure as a SS Exclusive figure with no standard edition. Dealers weren't placing orders for the standard edition cause the other X-Files figures weren't selling either.

Skinner sold out but only because SS made an edition size of 500 cause the line wasn't selling well at all. Skinner was already developed so SS had to recoop some of the money they wasted in developing the figure so they decided to release the figure with a low LE that they knew they could sell.

Bonehead15 said:
Are you kidding?

Krycek sold like crap. The exclusive version was up for preorder for months before SS finally decided to just release the figure as a SS Exclusive figure with no standard edition. Dealers weren't placing orders for the standard edition cause the other X-Files figures weren't selling either.

Skinner sold out but only because SS made an edition size of 500 cause the line wasn't selling well at all. Skinner was already developed so SS had to recoop some of the money they wasted in developing the figure so they decided to release the figure with a low LE that they knew they could sell.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see the X-Files line continue, I'd be surprised to see any additions at this point.

Then why is Black Oil Krycek selling for $200+ on ebay (and people are actually paying that much)?

Bannister said:
Vigo, command me Lord!!!
peter.jpg

On a Mountain of Skulls, in The Castle, of Pain, I sat on a Throne of Blood!

What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the Season of Evil....

It's true that Krycek is valuable now. But he did take a long time to sell out, and sales of the regular edition to retailers were apparently so poor that they cancelled it altogether and announced that the Sideshow exclusive would be the only one made. He only became sought after and valuable after he eventually sold out and shipped.

Well I'm glad I got mine for free. ;)

He's a very cool figure and the thermal-change eyes are awesome.

It really doesn't surprise me about X-Files coming to an end....truthfully, the only 'must have' characters are Mulder & Scully. They are The X-Files. While it's neat that other characters were made, the show wasn't an ensemble show, and perhaps some people only wanted the definitive characters - Mulder & Scully. That was me, personally. I was a big X-Files fan, but was satisfied once I bought the first Mulder & Scully figures. I didn't have much of an interest in buying other X-Files characters.

For me, Walter Skinner was the Medieval Kurgan for the X-Files line. I have been wanting a figure of him since '93. At least they came through on Skinner unlike the Kurgan.

Back