KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A cruel irony would be for them to produce only fifty, and then implement a lottery so that none of the Kurganites have a sure chance of getting one.

I plan on being disappointed....so in order to keep that down to a minimum...I am expecting another lame license like WOW or some bobble head....

Cheers,

Brad

Actually 50 would probably just fill the demand. Of course with the lottery, it would guarantee that not a single one got into the hands of a Kurganite and they'd all be paying exorbitant sums on ebay for them.

Darklord Dave said:
Actually 50 would probably just fill the demand. Of course with the lottery, it would guarantee that not a single one got into the hands of a Kurganite and they'd all be paying exorbitant sums on ebay for them.

Dave why do you hate us so???

Darklord Dave said:
Well King Darkness would claim the first 50 and Shai probably the next 50. You better believe that if they made the Medieval F'n Kurgan a lottery only item there would be an all-out bloody war among the Kurgans. We're talking there can be only one and poo like that... literally! I have to admit, it would be very Kurganish though. :lol

dekadentdave said:
Well King Darkness would claim the first 50 and Shai probably the next 50. You better believe that if they made the Medieval F'n Kurgan a lottery only item there would be an all-out bloody war among the Kurgans. We're talking there can be only one and poo like that... literally! I have to admit, it would be very Kurganish though. :lol

Perhaps this is the secret plan from SS. Release only 50 in a lottery system and let the Krusaders destroy themselves from the inside out????

Those sneaky bastards!

Maybe its finally a reveal of the Reservour Dogs stuff - from memory whilst it was announced by Lionsgate, SSC hasn't officially announced it ?

Figuremaster Les said:
I've had a feeling of this for a long time now.
No "Official" Origins Kurgan. No biggie.

But um...Hmmm....
SO, Sideshow higher-upper level VIP guy....
Um....so, was this Origins Kurgan figure ever started? Are there like, some "bits" that a fellow could use to start a custom one with? Certainly you guys STARTED one?
I mean...it takes ages to develop a figure, yes? You cats had a whole line going here. Origins this, origins that....
So, there must be something....some sculpts of some kind...reference materials...booties....fur....a signed shot of Clancey Brown....something.....

Throw a dog a bone here will ya...:D

Oh, and Happy 2007 to you too!
:lol

Sorry Batty. I cry with thee...:monkey2

BUT I REMAIN OPTIMISTIC!!!!
I second that Les.:rock:rock:rock:rock

:rockGO LES!:rock

Honestly I'm interested as well on why the coolest looking Highlander figure was never made. Ramirez's costuming would make him an instant sell IMO but the Connery likenesses prevents it, understandable explanation and while it still makes the wishlists it isn't a thorn as it could be. Why no explanation with Kurgan? I'm not a Krusader but I'm a Krusade Supporter because I definitely would buy this figure without hesitation.

Jedi_Mike said:
:rockGO LES! :rock

Honestly I'm interested as well on why the coolest looking Highlander figure was never made. Ramirez's costuming would make him an instant sell IMO but the Connery likenesses prevents it, understandable explanation and while it still makes the wishlists it isn't a thorn as it could be. Why no explanation with Kurgan? I'm not a Krusader but I'm a Krusade Supporter because I definitely would buy this figure without hesitation.

:rockDamn straight!!! :rock

Alright so this Shaithis77 claims he's a SSC VIP and states that the Medieval Kurgan is not gonna happen. First of all, who are you? We know Brant, Dusty, Chicky and some others but what are your credentials as a spokesperson for SSC? Are you Tom Gilliland the Creative Director? I spoke briefly with Tom Gilliland at SDCC about additions to licenses like Bond, POTA and Highlander and while he didn't exactly confirm or deny, the indication that I got was that sales had been disappointing, at least that was the feeling I got from the coversation. Regardless, we have never been given an "official" announcement or explanation from Sideshow in regards to Medieval Kurgan other than the armor is difficult to make. Perhaps they are letting the Krusade beat the drum to rally demand for this figure and when it is ready will surprise everyone but if there is no intention whatsoever for Sideshow to ever produce this centerpiece figure of the Highlander line the least they could do is make an announcement in the podcast, in the newsletter, on the website, or have one of their official spokespersons break the bad news to us once and for all instead of some gnaysaying statement like "Not gonna happen. There. I said it." I would rather be let down by some kind of "official" statement from Sideshow that they will never produce this figure than hear it from some masquerading gnaysayer who may not have any affiliation with Sideshow whatsoever. If Dusty confirms it then we will know but until then I won't believe a word out of this gnaysayer's mouth.

I would buy a Kurgan just to support the cause.

(I can't buy the 13" Kurgan already produced because both regular and exclusive versions are sold out. He's popular, see?)

kurganiconanib.gif
I feel a strong movement in the Kurgan Cause in this thread....
kurganiconanib.gif

carbo-fation said:
3 more hours to go......:D

I think they are going by PST time, so you have 6 more hours to go..:chew :chew It's because PST is better than all other times...so let it be written...

congerking said:
I think they are going by PST time, so you have 6 more hours to go..:chew :chew It's because PST is better than all other times...so let it be written...
Crap, forgot about that......:monkey2 Oh, well three extra won't do me any harm.....:D

Back