KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHO PLANS ON BEING DISAPPOINTED ON JAN 1ST?

• YES, and I don't want the 5th Element bobbleheads or WoW statues BTW!

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No, I'm an optimist and someone on IMDb claims Ghostbuster figs are on the horizon

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • WoW is a fantastic license and the one on the 1st will be equally fantastic!

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shai Hulud said:
AND THE POOR SALES OF THE LINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE FANS OF HIGHLANDER DONT BUY THAT STUFF...IF SIDESHOW WOULD HAVE DEDICATED MORE TIME TO DESIGNING THIS LINE IT WOULD HAVE SUCCEED BETTER...

SIDESHOW'S MEDIEVAL CONNOR:

5604.jpg

NECA'S MEDIEVAL CONNOR:

MacLeod.jpg

HOW COMES NECA HAS RENDERED MORE JUSTICE TO THE CHARACTER IN A 7'' FIGURE SCALE THAN SIDESHOW'S ???? SIDESHOW WAS ONCE RENOWED FOR THEIR AWESOME REALISTIC MEDIEVAL COSTUMES (MONTHY PYTHONS HOLY GRAIL,MEDIEVAL ASH ?!?!?)

AND WHAT ABOUT THE MODERN KURGAN....THIS IS A CHARACTER THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN INSTANT SELL-OUT...BUT THE LIKENESS TO CLANCY BROWN WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT THERE....BUT NOBODY AT SIDESHOW SEEMS TO CARED..YET,THEY STILL RELEASED THE FIGURE...:rolleyes:

ClancyBrown_Highlander.jpg

5603_press05-001.jpg

NO, THIS LINE DIDNT SELL BECAUSE THE DEMAND WASNT THERE..IT DIDNT SELL CAUSE SIDESHOW DIDNT PUT ENOUGH LOVE IN THAT LICENCE.
I agree. That Medieval Neca Connor blows Sideshow's away.

Bannister said:
I never said they were but if we got a custom made it would have a good likeness.

Les Walker could paint a better likeness than anything Sideshow could ever do and that is a known fact.

dekadentdave said:
Les Walker could paint a better likeness than anything Sideshow could ever do and that is a known fact.
This I totally agree with. :rock:rock:rock

Prop Collectors often get "Custom Runs" started where people commit to buying a custom and at times even deposit a custom so one customizer will take on the project and create a run....I wonder if anything like that has happened with a 1/6 piece......I'd definitely be in for a Origins Kurgan.

As for the actual thread topic, the SM3 announcement was REALLY ANTI-CLIMATIC because I figured since SSC already had the Marvel license and had done stuff for their films in the past that was a given...

Well, I planned for this...hence the poll. Big deal. They already had this license. I love Spider-man and all, but that's the LAST CHARACTER I NEED ANOTHER FIGURE OF!

I'm sorry for all you Kurganites. I remember a time in 1987 when I really wanted a Unicron, just because the idea of a giant android planet that fed on other planets boggled my little head. Years later I got one. And it kinda sucked.

The NECA stuff is way nicer and at this point I wonder if many Highlander collectors are flipping Sideshow the bird. I got the 18" John Lennon for X-mas and it's pretty impressive. If NECA started making 1/6 figures, Sideshow would be f'd.

Yes, I do plan on being disappointed Jan. 1st. I have it all planned out. At about 2:30 I plan to mope. By 2:40 I should be crying like a baby and curled up in the fetal position. Being that it's the start of the new year, I'll probably do it all day.

Oh wait... are we talking about toys? :confused:

Eric

In all honesty I don't think Sideshow did anything different with the Highlander license than with any of there others. They produced 5 really great figures (with exc versions) in fairly small runs. Unfortunately not enough people were interested and the line failed.

Of course I would have loved it if they had produced the Medieval Kurgan and Ramirez... but I can begrudgingly accept the fact that it might be too much of a risk for them.

As for NECA, producing the Kurgan is not much of a stretch for them. All of their figures are sculpted from the ground up and semi-mass produced for retail distribution online and in stores. Therefore an armored character (although more detailed) is really no different than a character wearing clothes. But for Sideshow a character with 7 or 8 additionally sculpted items could be a big stretch and more of a risk to invest in a failing line.

Like Les and the others have said, its time to focus on a Kustom Krusade and pool our resources towards that end.

Spider Man 3. That's cool!! If I have the available funds I would consider getting something from whatever they do for this movie.

galactiboy said:
In all honesty I don't think Sideshow did anything different with the Highlander license than with any of there others. They produced 5 really great figures (with exc versions) in fairly small runs. Unfortunately not enough people were interested and the line failed.

Of course I would have loved it if they had produced the Medieval Kurgan and Ramirez... but I can begrudgingly accept the fact that it might be too much of a risk for them.

As for NECA, producing the Kurgan is not much of a stretch for them. All of their figures are sculpted from the ground up and semi-mass produced for retail distribution online and in stores. Therefore an armored character (although more detailed) is really no different than a character wearing clothes. But for Sideshow a character with 7 or 8 additionally sculpted items could be a big stretch and more of a risk to invest in a failing line.

Like Les and the others have said, its time to focus on a Kustom Krusade and pool our resources towards that end.

Well said.... That's the only option left that makes sense. And if we were smart... we would do like Jedi-Mike said and organize, pay the money and get our damn figure made. But as I said before, we lack the drive or organization.

Oh and about the Spider-Man announcement... That's cool, but I thought that was already a given seeing as though they have the Marvel license. Oh well, maybe we will get a decent 1:6th Spidey. Or at least one imported from Medicom... :lol

As for Spidey statues... I'm pretty burnt out on them. So it saves me money.

Shai Hulud said:
AND THE POOR SALES OF THE LINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE FANS OF HIGHLANDER DONT BUY THAT STUFF...IF SIDESHOW WOULD HAVE DEDICATED MORE TIME TO DESIGNING THIS LINE IT WOULD HAVE SUCCEED BETTER...

SIDESHOW'S MEDIEVAL CONNOR:

5604.jpg

I didnt know Steven Segal was in Highlander movies :lol:lol:lol:lol

NECA's not doing a Ramirez either.

Anyone wants to take point on the custom Origins Kurgan, I'm in!

Darklord Dave said:
NECA's not doing a Ramirez either.

Anyone wants to take point on the custom Origins Kurgan, I'm in!

Yeah, Dave... here's hoping we can pull it together. Maybe sometime soon we can actually get this organized and started.... It's the only way to get it done. Commission the project and pool together funds....

70sCinema said:
To be fair, that NECA is a 2 up or prototype shot in half shadow. The actual figure doesn't look as good.
I have seen the neca in person and i think it looks pretty good regardless.

also, it looks like NECA uses the same sculpting/manufacturing processes McFarlane uses. If so, the NECA pieces are sculpted at double the finished size and then reduced for production. It tightens up the details, the same way a reduced art print does.
Sideshow uses a 1:1 sculpting to product ratio, so its tough to compare the 2.

thats why its so easy to McFarlane & NECA to release 12" versions of their 6" figures. The 12" versions are the original sculpts.

70sCinema said:
To be fair, that NECA is a 2 up or prototype shot in half shadow. The actual figure doesn't look as good.

Well I have the NECA box set in front of my monitor right now and that Origins Connor looks EXACTLY like what I have in front of me.

shaithis77 said:
Ghostbusters- No likeness rights available. Sorry.

Blade Runner- They (the rights holders) have decided on not licensing anything.

Kurgan- Not gonna happen. There. I said it.

If I was a betting man, I'd say it was either 12" figures from The Money Pit, or Da Boots dioramas, ala Waiting For Guffman.

Seriously.

Hey Brock! Thanks for the updates. I know you guys have a "thick skin" to the sometimes callous remarks made toward Sideshow, but I for one appreciate that you took the time to give us what information you could. At least you didn't say Indy was out...

lcummins said:
Hey Brock! Thanks for the updates. I know you guys have a "thick skin" to the sometimes callous remarks made toward Sideshow, but I for one appreciate that you took the time to give us what information you could. At least you didn't say Indy was out...

I cry sometimes from the comments, but I get free lollipops, so the pain's worth it.

Any other dreams I can crush?

J/K, Kurgies!!! :p

Back