Know your Sculptors: Hot Toys edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice thread. if putting all their works is too tasking, how about settling for the good, the bad and the ugly works they made?
*nobody is perfect. that goes for everyone of us. :]

***got the wrong kim.lolz:slap

Last edited:
cripes, is there another kim? i thought that's the same one.lolz
arnie kim who did the bruce lee, made indiana jonas.

*double cripes. k.a. kim is a chick, and not the arnie kim i thought.lolz

Yep, Arnie also did the legendary Reeve Superman, so, while Indy was a miss, it's not like it was a career defining miss.

I won't include DOFP Wolverine unless they make the version that should have been made in the first place.

wolverine-x-men-days-of-future-past-bone-claws.jpg

yulli also did jack Nicholson joker. but she didn't do godfather

Are you certain? Cause she did ever Marlone Brando release before that, do you own one? Cause it should say on the box

Edit: You are correct it was sculpted by Kang In Ae she also worked on Rocky III which I thought Yulli did too as well as James Dean and the first Brando released the wild one. Yulli did supervise, I wonder if that's why I thought she sculpted it.

It says "head art directed by Yulli," but I don't think that necessarily means she resculpted his work.

Also, Kang In Ae sculpted The Godfather.

Yeah I edited my original post thanks to Michael Crawford reviews, damn this is going to be hard. I'll have to really research this out instead of going off memory.

It says "head art directed by Yulli," but I don't think that necessarily means she resculpted his work.

Who knows for sure, now I can't remember where I read that she touched it up, love your sig. by the way.

I came up with the idea of showing people/sculptors and their works, the idea came to me when I was going off on the works of Koujin on another thread and realized that people probably don't know some of the sculptors by name or their past works. So with that said lets get a look at some of the sculptors and we'll start off with Koujin after that.

View attachment 153631
View attachment 153632

View attachment 153633
Koujin, he's been around for a while now. My first introduction to him was the EB Godfather. He's probably worked on other things before that or Enterbay but I dont' really know. Here are a few examples of his work, if you guys want me to upload all his works let me know not sure if people want a photo heavy thread.

View attachment 153636View attachment 153637View attachment 153638View attachment 153594View attachment 153595

View attachment 153634
Yulli, one of the original people with Hot Toy since almost the beginning she is known for her Arnold sculpts and supervised on the Godfather Sculpt, as well as her Heath Ledger Joker's.

View attachment 153646View attachment 153599View attachment 153600

TO BE CONTINUED finding pics to do this is a pain in the ass and will be a huge under taking but I'll try and maybe just update more and more everyday, finding pics of the newer sculptors will be hard. Also will be resizing these images soon to post more of the people's works. This will be a constantly changing thread.
I might be able to help with pics. Let me know who you need pics of.

Yeah I edited my original post thanks to Michael Crawford reviews, damn this is going to be hard. I'll have to really research this out instead of going off memory.

Who knows for sure, now I can't remember where I read that she touched it up, love your sig. by the way.

Thanks, and, if you need any help, I'd be more than happy to contribute!

awesome! like the sculpts or the people? Send me any info in a PM I'll take what I can get, and thank you so much :duff

Both. I'll put a request in. I've got some now from my time at the studio and some from when my father was there. But until I get permission to distribute them I'll wait. I'll also see if I can get a regular set of updates or something. Let me check in and I'll let you know. Being the holidays it may take sometime.

Came across this cool old thread as I was looking into different sculptors through Google...thought newer members may get a kick out of it...it looked like it was getting interesting before it came to a sudden stop.

Back