KISS - Sonic Boom 10-6 2009! only @ Walmart and Sam's Club!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
KISS and Walmart announced today that SONIC BOOM-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be sold in the U.S. and Canada exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6. SONIC BOOM, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking KISS ALIVE 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

KISS' Gene Simmons says, "SONIC BOOM may be the best new record we've done since Destroyer! It is Rock And Roll Over meets Love Gun. The world's biggest retailer had better get ready for the hottest band in the world and hire more cashiers before October 6th!"

Stanley continues, "Through all of the albums that are considered our classics, we tried to always find ways to give our fans extras that went beyond just the music. Besides our making the best KISS album in decades, Walmart has made it possible for us to include a bonus CD with 15 of our most famous songs and an additional live DVD, shot during our recent concert in Buenos Aires. So in every sense, SONIC BOOM is the ultimate return to classic KISS form. You wanted the best, you got the best!"

Walmart, one of America's largest music retailers, is finalizing its exciting plans now for its in-store and online destinations for KISS fans surrounding the launch of the new album and tour, and will host various KISS products in addition to their music in its stores this fall. More details on Walmart KISS activity, announcements regarding album pre-sales, sweepstakes and KISS appearances will be shared shortly. :rock:D

Last edited:
I'll be getting it. Glad Paul has had more say over it. He's the better song writer. I hate that I will be forced to buy a CD with same damn songs on it though. :rolleyes:

Im more excited for Ace Frehley's solo album "Anomaly" though. :rock

Track list for Sonic Boom from KissOnline

KISS: Sonic Boom
Posted: August 17, 2009

SONIC BOOM CD Track Listing:

1. MODERN DAY DELILAH
2. RUSSIAN ROULETTE
3. NEVER ENOUGH
4. YES I KNOW (NOBODY'S PERFECT)
5. STAND
6. HOT AND COLD
7. ALL FOR THE GLORY
8. DANGER US
9. I'M AN ANIMAL
10. WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES
11. SAY YEAH

Produced by PAUL STANLEY
Co-produced by Greg Collins

The US & Canadian release of SONIC BOOM is a three-disc set that also features KISS KLASSICS, a 15-track completely re-recorded greatest hits CD, as well as a live DVD shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the band's 2009 South American tour. The discs are packaged in a DigiPak along with a 20-page booklet.

SONIC BOOM will be available exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6.

KISS KLASSICS CD Track Listing:

1. DEUCE 2. DETROIT ROCK CITY 3. SHOUT IT OUT LOUD 4. HOTTER THAN HELL 5. CALLING DR. LOVE 6. LOVE GUN 7. I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU 8. HEAVEN'S ON FIRE 9. LICK IT UP 10. I LOVE IT LOUD 11. FOREVER 12. CHRISTINE SIXTEEN 13. DO YOU LOVE ME 14. BLACK DIAMOND 15. ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE

KISS Bonus Live DVD Track Listing:

1. DEUCE 2. HOTTER THAN HELL 3. C'MON AND LOVE ME 4. WATCHIN' YOU 5. 100,000 YEARS 6. ROCK & ROLL ALL NITE

i am interested enough to give them another chance... but also sane enough not to expect their words to match their efforts...

Who cares about the album.
All this means is that Kiss may go on tour again which would be freakin amazing.
Anybody remember Detroit Rock City????

"Shake ya weewee, go on, shake ya wee"

They have been touring since the so called Farewell Tour. Which turned out to only be a farwell tour for Peter and Ace. :lol

it is frightening to see the extent rock n roll is marketed... no wonder the industry is suffering.

it is so funny how they are promoting it as "Rock n Roll Over meets Love Gun... 2nd only to Destroyer" when in reality it is the same old crap they have been pumping out before they put the make up back on (perhaps with a better rhythm guitar sound). try and sell me some more Pepsi Gene... or Coke (how many bands other than Kiss can endorse Pepsi, Coke, and Dr. Pepper?)... and the exclusive deal with Walmart? Kiss (or should I say Gene and Paul) have taken the "Rock N' Roll" out of the equation.

i read an interview with Gene claiming illegal downloading was killing the music business, but "songs" such as this, and the last 20 years of his product plays a part in it too.

Last edited:
Re: ROADRUNNER TO RELEASE SONIC BOOM IN EUROPE

ROADRUNNER TO RELEASE SONIC BOOM IN EUROPE

KISSONLINE.com KISS announced today that SONIC BOOM-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be released in the UK and Europe through Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records on 5th October 2009 . SONIC BOOM, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, features 11 brand-new KISS anthems from the band that has sold over 80 million albums worldwide in a 35-year recording career.

KISS' Gene Simmons says, "SONIC BOOM may be the best new record we've done since Destroyer! It is Rock And Roll Over meets Love Gun!" Paul Stanley confirms: "SONIC BOOM is the perfect title for what we're creating - it's earthshaking and deafening!"

SONIC BOOM is the first new KISS studio album to feature guitarist Tommy Thayer alongside Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and drummer Eric Singer. It will be available as a single disc and also in a special three-disc set featuring a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking KISS ALIVE 35 South American tour.

Paul Stanley, "Through all of the albums that are considered our classics, we tried to always find ways to give our fans extras that went beyond just the music. Besides our making the best KISS album in decades, including a bonus CD with 15 of our most famous songs and an additional live DVD, shot during our recent concert in Buenos Aires. So in every sense, SONIC BOOM is the ultimate return to classic KISS form. You wanted the best, you got the best!"

SONIC BOOM is released through Roadrunner Records imprint Loud & Proud, whose President Tom Lipsky comments: "Great artists make great music and KISS has certainly accomplished that with SONIC BOOM." Adds Wally van Middendorp, Sr VP International of Roadrunner Records: "We are excited to have the world's premier rock band join forces with the world's premier rock label. SONIC BOOM is a brilliant album that will surely be recognized as one of best musical works in the history of KISS." As Paul Stanley concludes: "Success comes from a winning team, and Roadrunner is the perfect partner for KISS in terms of understanding what this album is and also having a great track record of success."

its a shame that after such a rich, inspired career, Gene and Paul have to resort to becoming car salesmen to promote their latest offering.

Back