Action Figure King Darkness' Kustom G.I. Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9357147490_9056ab84fd_c.jpg
[/URL]

:clap

I can't help but think that this is how good Joe figures would turn out if HT takes over the ARAH license from SSC. Great job man!

great job king, that is how monkeywrench should look. wow!!! what head and body is that from, and the uniform choice is perfect.

Love it, King! That punk vest really looks the part buttons and all, and the head choice is very much on point!

:clap

I can't help but think that this is how good Joe figures would turn out if HT takes over the ARAH license from SSC. Great job man!

Sorry about the thread hijack, but I'm not sure I would want HT to take over the ARAH license, even if the product was great. With the exception of Iron Man, the Avengers, and to a lesser extent GI Joe Retaliation, they do not have a good track record of continuing support of licenses after they produce a few figures. There are a number of licenses that HT had and produced figures that were not primary characters in the line, and then stopped production before more important characters were introduced.

For all of the warts, Sideshow has at least continued to support the ARAH license. I wouldn't have enough trust in HT to do the same thing. Others may disagree, but that's the way I see it...:dunno

Sorry about the thread hijack, but I'm not sure I would want HT to take over the ARAH license, even if the product was great. With the exception of Iron Man, the Avengers, and to a lesser extent GI Joe Retaliation, they do not have a good track record of continuing support of licenses after they produce a few figures. There are a number of licenses that HT had and produced figures that were not primary characters in the line, and then stopped production before more important characters were introduced.

For all of the warts, Sideshow has at least continued to support the ARAH license. I wouldn't have enough trust in HT to do the same thing. Others may disagree, but that's the way I see it...:dunno

you are :exactly: right. sideshow has gave us numbers, and better quality for the buck,this line will continue for awhile.

Last edited:
Monkeywrench is Awesome :clap Sideshows won't look like that and I will be Disappointed.:(

Hey buddy -- I see you point and it's all good, man :1-1:

HOwever, I wasn't actually wishing that HT takes over the line, for the same reasons you mentioned. I was merely stating a "what if" situation, because King's custom on Wrench is HT level of goodness to me.

If anything, I'd rather Soldier Story or DAM toys pick up the license, as some fellow Freaks stated in other Joe threads. I believe that either company would do a great job on modernizing Joes without being over-the-top like SSC sometimes if not most of the times tend to do, and would definitely have better-looking headscuplts with better paint apps, as I find SSC's Joe headscuplts a little animated sometimes save for Zartan and Falcon, though both still lacking on the paint department. Either SS or DAM could dish out more Joes regularly than either HT or SSC could, I think, just like how Art Figures have already released 2 (though unlicensed) DIFFERENT CHARACTERS from Expendables while HT's done two of the same.

(SS or DAM could offer us better prices, too, even after paying for license fees for Joes.)

My apologies to King Darkness for hijacking the thread.

Last edited:
It's all cool. If HT did have the focus to do ARAH, I would be a happy camper!

Back on subject...

Most impressive Monkeywrench. That is a true win you have there. Keep them coming... :hi5: :clap :clap :clap

KD, this is an awesome Monkeywrench. I am working on my own versions o the 'Noks, ad seeing yours makes me want to get back to work. You did a great job on the head. Not only did you change the hair color, you took off about 10 years!

Back