Action Figure King Arts 1/9 Scale General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG

Mark 13

Another dark armor. Slightly disappointed with this one. Its very lightweight.
No diecast parts on the arms and from the waist up. Legs are mostly diecast though.

I wonder if this is an earlier release. The upper legs are a little bit awkward looking and the paint color is knda bland.

Hi, just curious does it seem like there are very few uk based king arts collectors ? i ask because i have a new hot rod special edition milk cargo version with extra head for sale on ebay for the same price as a standard one and theres been no interest , too small a market ? (didnt really want to get involved with ebay global shipping)

There should be a market for both scales. I collect both.
I'm guessing collectors prefer the 1/6 scale.
I personally like the KA 1/9, especially the HPP armors.

Is there anyone that owns/has seen the AOU Captain America figure? I’m pretty sure it’s out since it’s in stock at BBTS and on eBay, but I have yet to see a single picture of it that’s not one of the promo shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, just curious does it seem like there are very few uk based king arts collectors ? i ask because i have a new hot rod special edition milk cargo version with extra head for sale on ebay for the same price as a standard one and theres been no interest , too small a market ? (didnt really want to get involved with ebay global shipping)

KA produces much smaller numbers than HT. Their runs are as low as 200 units. I would think HT are easily 10 times that and probably much higher in some cases.

I would imagine that you would eventually be able to sell it in the UK, but if not there is a market in the US. Most releases sell for $100-$300 on the secondary market.

So there was a prototype 1/9 Mark 41 Bones. Wonder why KA hasn't released it.

It’s a mystery...hey glad to see you back. Isn’t it about time for some more reveals? Aren’t there some new releases coming soon...
mark X?

Yeah i've been distracted by the HT 1/6 Iron Man...... 5 & 6 are nice!!!

KA Mark 10, 12, 23, 28, 32 are due out soon. BBTS and RobotKingdom have it for release end of June so we'll see.

FYI, the King Arts website has the Mark 10, 12, 23, 28, 32 in stock!
I'm waiting until BBTS or RobotKindom gets them in.
I want the batteries to be included, lol.

IMG_0079-528x668.jpg
IMG_0078-528x668.jpg

New aftermarket 1/9 headsculpt from onesixthkit.
Can't wait. Should look great on the 45 or 46.

Although the HT Mark 46 is a great looking figure, this aftermarket KA sculpt looks a lot better proportioned to the KA figure.

It’s difficult to tell if this sculpt is any better than the one you already have.

I was curious to see if there was a difference in height compared to how HT made their Mark 2.

They don’t look that much different until you get to the neck. Can you adjust the head/neck on either to make them closer in height?

I think both the KA and HT Mark 2/3 designs suffer from the chest to the torso. The chest is too chunky and doesn’t taper down naturally to the waist, which ruins the overall look in my opinion.

I think both the KA and HT Mark 2/3 designs suffer from the chest to the torso. The chest is too chunky and doesn’t taper down naturally to the waist, which ruins the overall look in my opinion.

This is true, there have been some photoshop touchups that show how much a difference fixing the chest shape and size would make visually on the HT DC Mk3

altered version on the left (plus color change, hips, faceplate...)
L7IsVCg.jpg

The shape of the chest still bugs me. I think it needs to be reworked. It seems like every company just copied HT’s bad design.

These guys have video of the newly released 1/9 Mark 10, 12, 23, 28, 32.

Jack and Shades look good!

IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG

Here's Jack!

Mark 28

Parts mix:
Mark 7 Chest
Mark 17 Head
Mark 33 Torso, arms, calf, feet