Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won the blue winter soldier shield. 395 with 88 shipping and I had 100bucks in eBay points. It was a score. I have the classic already. Think I'm going to skip the battle damaged one.

Congrats! I like the BD one alot because its so different and like the poster that was put up for the film. But the Classic is the definitive Cap shield.

As my Lager shield order is now in a Paypal dispute to return my money, I'm opting for a King Arts shield instead.

Question: The paint app blotching that was corrected in the 2nd wave of wall mounted shields - was that ever rectified in the pedestal mounted shields? I'd rather a pedestal and then to find a nicer wall mounting than the KA frame so that I have some versatility in display options.

I've spoken to a retailer about whether the boxes they have in stock have the QC sticker and they have assured me that they've opened and checked every shield for defects. I'm sure that's true, but I also think that the paint app issue is subtle and they will have entirely missed it.

As my Lager shield order is now in a Paypal dispute to return my money, I'm opting for a King Arts shield instead.

Question: The paint app blotching that was corrected in the 2nd wave of wall mounted shields - was that ever rectified in the pedestal mounted shields? I'd rather a pedestal and then to find a nicer wall mounting than the KA frame so that I have some versatility in display options.

I've spoken to a retailer about whether the boxes they have in stock have the QC sticker and they have assured me that they've opened and checked every shield for defects. I'm sure that's true, but I also think that the paint app issue is subtle and they will have entirely missed it.

The paint splotching is no longer an issue on the wall mount shields?

Reading through this thread, it was. At least one user confirmed it on a wall mount, with other confirming through BBTS that the QC sticker on the wall mounts was a fixed batch.

Reading through this thread, it was. At least one user confirmed it on a wall mount, with other confirming through BBTS that the QC sticker on the wall mounts was a fixed batch.

This is correct. First batch did not have QC stickers on them. I got mine in August and it had the QC on the outer brown shipper box.
Mine was purchased through BBTS.

Has the KA paint job on the shields been improving? I think it's great but when compared to eFX, I have to say I like theirs much more, but yeah, that wait for the next shield, plus they're not making a leather strapped metal version it seems...

Has the KA paint job on the shields been improving? I think it's great but when compared to eFX, I have to say I like theirs much more, but yeah, that wait for the next shield, plus they're not making a leather strapped metal version it seems...

Pwh WHEN EFX decides to make a metal shield it won't be out until Avengers IW pt 2 is on TNT.

They look pretty much the same as the TWS version except for the rear of the shield. I might weight 3-5 years for eFX to get theirs out.

The paint job doesn't look particularly screen accurate like the eFX one but of course it will be a few years wait for that.

I still think King Arts should have taken more time and fixed the front of this AoU shield release.
The paints on the front of the two shields are not the same at all.

Instead, they changed the back and slapped the old front on. King of disappointing.

That's my plan if I can get one cheap enough, but everyone an their mother is bidding on these BBTS auctions.

Back